Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So do the other 52, too.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I have a question For guys like you. Why sports have things like hall of fame museums.

Why are there player rankings or stats.

Why don't we just throw everybody in the team category area.

John Elway wasn't great, he just happened to be on a great and consistent team for 20 years. No coincidence that HE was the only common denominator on those 20 years.

So you win, lets hope that 1 of these years, all 52 players decide that greatness is in them as a unit and collect lightning in a bottle to win a super Bowl.

No great players needed at important positions, nope just magic and fairy dust

Pistons didn't need Isaiah to score 25 in a quarter of a playoff game, Jordon didn't need to great, uh, like in every fucking game he played. Nope they were just both on very good teams that things just fell into place.

That plane that landed in the Hudson, Captained by Sullenberger, yeah, nothing to do with him being great, nope, with co captain and stewardesses the plane could have landed itself. He just happened to be there and was lucky that all the people on board were behind him encouraging to save their asses.

Good grief. Man I hope our second string defensive tackle plays really great when he's on the field for 5 snaps on Sundays. Seriously

Comment

• Scroll wheel that post.

Comment

• Yep.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
            Greatness is not achieved in leisure, but under duress, and strife. Stafford has done some of that at end of meaningless games, he needs to do it regularly during all times in games not just late.
            The Cleveland game when he had the separated shoulder was not a meaningless game. A team that was that putrid for that long does not play meaningless games.

That game sold me as a Stafford fan for life.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Frank and I agree on a lot of things. He is a wise man.
              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I think Stafford has led something like 20 4th quarter comebacks. Not all of those games were meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I think Stafford has led something like 20 4th quarter comebacks. Not all of those games were meaningless.
                  Some of them have been pretty iconic games as well. Like that fake spike, dive into the endzone against the cowboys with like 2 seconds on the clock.
                  AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Riley!!! Get your ass down here!!!!! LOL. That was classic.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Okay, I' m sold, 11-5 this coming year, playoffs next 10 years in a row, thank you for letting me see the light on his greatness

Comment

• And that's the enigma of Matthew Stafford, great moments but also average, sometimes very poor performances. After that brown's game I too thought the lions found a QB that was going to be great. Problem is he hasn't really improved, for me that's the problem.

Comment

• I'm going to make some people on this forum very happy. I'm just going to shut up and watch the season unfold and let Stafford and the team prove their worth. I hope I was my words about Stafford. Hope Cooter is the silver bullet.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                            I have a question For guys like you. Why sports have things like hall of fame museums.

Why are there player rankings or stats.

Why don't we just throw everybody in the team category area.
                            They have hall of fames to honor players like Barry Sanders, Calvin and Matt Stafford - who put up tremendous individual stats and have exciting performances. Even though sometimes those players are stuck on shit teams their entire career and their collective teams fail to reach the championship.

It is OK to be skeptical of individuals' potential. We all want the same thing. Fans of 31 other teams also are hoping for a decade of dominance. In this team game, it is a fool's errand to pin all success or failure on one individual. The Broncos are NOT the reigning champs because of one individual playing QB last year.

Hope for the best and try to enjoy the ride.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              The Broncos are NOT the reigning champs because of one individual playing QB last year.
                              blarugh veteran leadership ruhl been there before fweh QB only thing that matters blblblblblbb *farts out of mouth*

How's my DWT impression coming along, guise?

Comment

• LOL.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X