Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
    Cue the debate

Has Jim Caldwell made Matthew Stafford better?

Last week we played around with the thought that Matthew Stafford's best year was 2015 as opposed to 2011. The response was quite mixed. But you still saw a decent amount of Lions fans switch their opinion to the 2015 side of things. Ultimately the argument was all about Stafford's overall play, from improved decision making to consistent footwork. Now the question is why did his play indeed improve? Is it because Stafford matured as a player on his own? Or was it coaching? More importantly, was it Jim Caldwell?

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/6...tafford-better
    Considering that Stafford some of his WORST stretch of performance under Caldwell, and that if Jim had his way, the man responsible for that (Lombardi) would still be the man coordinating the offense... no, I'm not going to give Caldwell much credit for the last three months of Stafford's production.

Comment

• It is an interesting article.

And some thoughtful comments also. More than 'Stafford sux donkeys'.

I pretty much give Caldwell credit for nothing. Maybe unfairly, but I learned how to respond to his coaching abilities by observing his facial expressions.

I guess it feels like the Schwartz era had more fire, emotionally. For better or worse.
      Last edited by dpatnod; June 7, 2016, 04:58 PM.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

It is an interesting article.

And some thoughtful comments also. More than 'Stafford sux donkeys'.

I pretty much give Caldwell credit for nothing. Maybe unfairly, but I learned how to respond to his coaching abilities by observing his facial expressions.

I guess it feels like the Schwartz era had more fire, emotionally. For better or worse.
        Yeah, need to see that meme of the 12 faces of Caldwell again and the corresponding emotion. Was it NBT who posted that? Laughed my effin ass off.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Was it this look you are thinking of?

Lions Fans.

Comment

• That's my wife if I go for a shit just before she wants to use the bathroom.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Was it this look you are thinking of?

I wish I could shoot laser beams out of my eyes.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• It's better than this...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• William Wallace?
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• "But dont worry your top wr is Marvin Jones. Really let that sink in."
                    ---------------------------------------Marvin Jones is a damn fine receiver. He's much better than he's being given credit for.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

William Wallace?
                      Looks like he's giving his ersehole some "freedom!" there.

Comment

• There were a lot of players who were very vocal about wanting Caldwell to remain as the HC. Now they need to reward BoB Quinn's decision to keep him on with their play on the field. They're healthy, there haven't been any off-season surprises, so there are no excuses not to play well. Just get it done.
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                          There were a lot of players who were very vocal about wanting Caldwell to remain as the HC. Now they need to reward BoB Quinn's decision to keep him on with their play on the field. They're healthy, there haven't been any off-season surprises, so there are no excuses not to play well. Just get it done.
                          And Raiola is back as strength coach!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                            There were a lot of players who were very vocal about wanting Caldwell to remain as the HC. Now they need to reward BoB Quinn's decision to keep him on with their play on the field. They're healthy, there haven't been any off-season surprises, so there are no excuses not to play well. Just get it done.
                            Thanks Gonz.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Oh come on, I didn't call out players for blowing smoke up our asses. I'm just saying no one can play the blame game like last year: "oh, Suh left" or "Levy's out" or "Lombardi sucks" or "fucking Stafford"

All people have been doing is talking up how the defense is healthy and more comfortable with each other while Stafford has gone mensa level with his command of Cooter's offense. If they fall flat, then Caldwell gets axed and everything gets blown up.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Lighten up, Francis. He was just messing with you. ;)

Everyone knows that the real Gonz claims to have quit the Lions but is lurking waiting for his chance to pop in and tell us how right he was about something that he wasn't really right about.

Comment

Working...
                                X