No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stars definitely aligned for them last year.....Even the NFC championship game...He throws a lame duck deep ball that is way underthrown, the 49er DB camps under it, then flat out drops it unexplainably.....There's no doubt you have to get lucky to win the whole thing....That Ram team was stacked talentwise and got the breaks too.....I doubt it falls the same way this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      Stanford is a Champion. Can’t take it from him but the stars aligned.
      played 2 divisional foes in conference games. 1 that was and had faded to a sub 500 team, and a team that had beaten them twice. What are the odds they can win 3 in a row? The 49er forgot how to intercept a gift interception that may have solidified the lead and possible win.
      The Bucs defense was no where near the same defense as previous year.
      The Super Bowl opponent was probably the second or third best team in their conference.
      Almost leads me to be a NFL conspiracy theorist.
      Tom Brady gets all this he’s great and can be the only player to go to new team and win Super Bowl stuff, and even in his own stadium.
      then the next year Stafford duplicates the achievement.
      What are the odds of that happening.
      But glad he won for himself and to shed light just how trash the Ford ownership has been.
      a2634d816691c9babeb73adde3673944.jpg

Hahahahahaha!

You were wrong. Just own up to it. Jesus

The only people more wrong than you were DWT and Gonz, although Fraquar was close, but he is usually wrong about just about anything football related.
      Gonz is too embarrassed to post any more

You have no bid-ness ever talking about NFL QB play. Ever

Go back and read the bullshit you posted in this thread. You had no fucking clue and still have no fucking clue.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, people should stay in their wheelhouse....

Washing elephant asses....

Camping.......

Er, not really sure what the others would be.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Stafford was brought to LA to win a Super Bowl. He won it in his 1st year there and he had 3 game winning drives out of 4 playoff wins. It wasn't about stars aligning, he was the key cog.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Stafford was brought to LA to win a Super Bowl.
            Let me put this chamois leather down and shove this elephants a$$ aside for a second……. Re the above? How accurate is that in reality, pre 2021/22 kick off? Did they really believe they’d win? Based on Staffords 10/11 years in Detroit? Thats actually mind-blowing if the truth were told.

Its like PSG buying Mbappè, Neymar & Messi to win the Champions League. And won fk all in several seasons.

Got to be a smidgeon of luck involved FFS? Come on. 🤷‍♂️
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That is completely accurate. That was what the Rams said from the moment the ink was dry. They acquired Stafford because he was the best QB they could realistically acquire to make a run for the Super Bowl.

Yes, there's always some luck when it comes to winning a championship. But this narrative that WTF is trying to push that everything just happened to fall into place by pure chance is absolute bollocks, and a pathetic rationalization from a guy who was just equivocally proven to be utterly wrong about pretty much everything.

Comment

• Oh yes, definitely for me too…… “stars aligning” etc etc , total bullshit wherher talking about football or anything at all really.
                “The stars aligned.”
                ”No they didn’t. Fk off.”

But masses of luck thru the home & away season and play off series along with ref decisions MUST have played a part ?? Couldnt all be down to Stafford being “elite”?

Jaysus H , if thats the case, the Lions really do take being shite to whole new depths.
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Jaysus H , if thats the case, the Lions really do take being shite to whole new depths.
                  They did it also with possibly the best RB to ever play the game.

Sure there is some luck involved. The ball bounces funny sometimes.

But this thread was like hundreds of pages saying that even WITH any luck, Stafford was the piece that was going to PREVENT success.

I don't expect A A Ron or TB12 would have had ,much more success in D Town.
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• Cmon Marlo 69 you should know it was 12 glorious years, not 10 or 11. And you call yourself a fan.
                    I knew I would stir the pot lol.
                    He won, congrats. But you can’t deny the Rams had things fall into place.
                    Its over. Move on. Hopefully Lions can get a good spot in the draft and solidify the teams future. That’s all I care about.

Comment

• Oh stop it Roid. You were wrong.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        That is completely accurate. That was what the Rams said from the moment the ink was dry. They acquired Stafford because he was the best QB they could realistically acquire to make a run for the Super Bowl.
                        McVay ran into Stafford at a vacation resort, and about lost his mind like a teen girl seeing the Beetles in the 60's.

He knew they could win. Pepperidge Farms knew.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                          Oh yes, definitely for me too…… “stars aligning” etc etc , total bullshit wherher talking about football or anything at all really.
                          “The stars aligned.”
                          ”No they didn’t. Fk off.”

But masses of luck thru the home & away season and play off series along with ref decisions MUST have played a part ?? Couldnt all be down to Stafford being “elite”?

Let's put it this way; even the greatest QB can only take a trash team so far. The Lions? Forget the coaching graveyard, you can damn near count the number of Ex-Lions that have amounted to anything outside of the Lions over the last twenty years on both hands. More often than not, you get guys like Tate (who went from #1 receiver in Detroit to bench warmer the instant he left) or Golladay (who has pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth without Stafford throwing him the ball).

The big argument against Stafford was that he wasn't making his teammates better. Turns out, yeah... he actually was making them better. The talent level around him was that bad.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; August 28, 2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

They did it also with possibly the best RB to ever play the game.

Sure there is some luck involved. The ball bounces funny sometimes.

But this thread was like hundreds of pages saying that even WITH any luck, Stafford was the piece that was going to PREVENT success.

I don't expect A A Ron or TB12 would have had ,much more success in D Town.
                            I've said that a better QB maybe wins a playoff game, maybe gets another one or two playoff appearances if put in Stafford's position. The Lions talent level since the turn of the century has been atrociously low, and consistently atrocious.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              lost his mind like a teen girl seeing the Beetles in the 60's
                              It was an ok model of Volkswagen car …… but losing their minds? Jaysus H…… taking it a tad too far, no?

Comment

• Stafford was drafted #1. He didn’t end up being Steve yzerman or Isaiah Thomas. He ended up being Luc Robitaille and Adrian Dantley.
                                Neither of those guys are having statues built.

Comment

Working...
                                X