No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why some of you take things so personal and sling personal insults over nothing is beyond me.
    If you want to really help Deb out you should quit the personal attacks and let new members express their opinions without being told to fuck off.
    maybe then this forum could grow and still be around after the main 5 on here die off.

Comment

• FTR......, my "Fk off" to "stars aligning" wasn't really aimed at you. It was just unfortunate that you were the one that said it.

No..... the "stars aligning" stuff is wind & pish (IMO) and that is born out of too many fruitcakes in my family believing that shyte.

Anyway, must dash. The parents are popping over for a coffee. They're bringing some of that delicious moon cheese with them for a sandwich. Its the only cheese i'll eat.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        Stafford was drafted #1. He didn’t end up being Steve yzerman or Isaiah Thomas. He ended up being Luc Robitaille and Adrian Dantley.
        Neither of those guys are having statues built.
        You mean... Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille?

Oh God, how awful would that trajectory be for Stafford?

Fun fact; Robitaille was part of the same Hall of Fame class as Steve Yzerman (2009).
        Last edited by chemiclord; August 29, 2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• The Steve Yzerman comparison is good. Think of how people would think of Yzerman's career if the Red Wings talent level never got higher than the talent level of the 1994 team that lost to the Sharks in the first round. The Red Wings kept on adding great players, a lot of Hall of Fame type players and they had the acknowledged best coach in NHL history.

Stafford's high water mark for talent and coaching as a Lion was 2014. After that they continued to lose their best players and failed to add enough great players. In 1997 and 98 the Wings had 7 hall of famers. The 2002 Red Wings had 9 hall of famers. The Lions for all of Stafford's years had 4 regular players that made at least one All Pro team.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            The Lions for all of Stafford's years had 4 regular players that made at least one All Pro team.
            Why though? Is it nothing to do with football? Is it Detroit itself? Is it a shithole? Players are like, "Yeah, 50 mill for 3 years and unlimited Ford cars sounds great......, but......., Na, yer ok. I'll go somewhere else....., but thanks, it's appreciated."

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• They have had bad coaches and bad drafting for 20 years. They simply have not been good enough accumulating talent. Nobody knows the specific solution why they have been bad, but they have been bad and that had nothing to do with Stafford. In fact he was making guys like Tate and Golladay look like they were a lot better than they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                They have had bad coaches and bad drafting for 20 years. They simply have not been good enough accumulating talent. Nobody knows the specific solution why they have been bad, but they have been bad and that had nothing to do with Stafford. In fact he was making guys like Tate and Golladay look like they were a lot better than they were.
                I like the little factiod about the two best single season for receivers had Stafford throwing the ball. We always gave Stafford a hard time about not getting the ball in a spot for a catch and run. But it's hard to ignore the evidence that at least when it comes to capable receivers he does make them better.
                AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Tate led the NFL in YAC when Stafford was QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    The only people more wrong than you were DWT and Gonz, although Fraquar was close, but he is usually wrong about just about anything football related.
                    Gonz is too embarrassed to post any more
                    Wait!!! When I came back to the forum and asked people if I anything exciting while I was gone and y’all thought that a thread about pie was more noteworthy than Gonz trolling himself into self-exile? What the fuck!! I still root against KC because of that guy
                    "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Why though? Is it nothing to do with football? Is it Detroit itself? Is it a shithole? Players are like, "Yeah, 50 mill for 3 years and unlimited Ford cars sounds great......, but......., Na, yer ok. I'll go somewhere else....., but thanks, it's appreciated."
                      A large part of it was that the Lions for the last 60 years were owned by a guy so incompetent that his own family wanted him to have nothing to do with the family business. A guy so incompetent that for years he tapped people to run the franchise not for any real skills they possessed, but because he was their drinking buddy during his wild and crazy years. A guy so incompetent that not only did he hire Matt Millen, he extended Matt Millen because the peasants dared tell him how to play with his toy.

Basically, the Lions were owned by arguably the most incompetent owner in professional sports, and shit rolls downhill.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Some of these fuckers have no bidness ever talking about... Ever.

As a matter of fact, one of them is on an extended camping trip. Ha!
                        Originally posted by Tom View Post

I wonder if any of them would admit they are wrong about ...? Or how they would explain... win.
                        Originally posted by CGVT View Post

a2634d816691c9babeb73adde3673944.jpg

Hahahahahaha!

You were wrong. Just own up to it. Jesus

The only people more wrong than you were DWT and Gonz, although Fraquar was close, but he is usually wrong about just about anything....
                        Gonz is too embarrassed to post any more

You have no bid-ness ever talking about.... Ever

Go back and read the bullshit you posted....

You had no fucking clue and still have no fucking clue.
                        The odd thing (maybe it is organic) is you could substitute the word "politics" after about and all of that and it would still be true. Who would have thunk it? No way anyone shuns facts over narratives. Say it ain't so.

Originally posted by mason reese View Post

Wait!!! When I came back to the forum and asked people if I anything exciting while I was gone and y’all thought that a thread about pie was more noteworthy than Gonz trolling himself into self-exile? What the fuck!! I still root against KC because of that guy
                        I think he said something about "liberals taking over the forum..." But yeah, same thing.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Wasn’t a fan of that guy. Seemed to think any new posters deserved some kind of hazing ritual and repeatedly called me “Muslim” on a football forum cos he’d seen on his FOX News moronbox that London was now an Islamic caliphate.

Comment

• Hey, somebody has to keep an eye on Jina
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Well, this'll come across as no doubt a bit dickish to you guys but I miss the dude......., was always a top bloke in my direction,......, mutual love for Iron Maiden and other heavy metal music, he hates soccer, told him the Anaheim Ducks is the stupidest name on the planet, (fuck the ducks), wee bit "para" about the Chinese......., but family sounds like it is number one for him and he is ok in my book.
                              Step away from the tent, Panoptes and come back......., One & Done flukey as Fuck Matt Shattford isn't worth staying away for!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Well, this'll come across as no doubt a bit dickish to you guys but I miss the dude......., was always a top bloke in my direction,......, mutual love for Iron Maiden and other heavy metal music, he hates soccer, told him the Anaheim Ducks is the stupidest name on the planet, (fuck the ducks), wee bit "para" about the Chinese......., but family sounds like it is number one for him and he is ok in my book.
                                Step away from the tent, Panoptes and come back......., One & Done flukey as Fuck Matt Shattford isn't worth staying away for!
                                We had our disagreements (even our second teams, KC vs LV) but he wasn't exactly a MS hater at first. Although he thought they may have drafted the guy because he had FORD in his name. He said he gave him a chance (I think he didn't really like the guy, but whatever...). He is at least who he is. And he held down the longest running joke, "going camping."

But he didn't troll like DWT. He said what he said and that was it.

Comment

Working...
                                X