Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
    Again everything is a measurement of the whole. You can have the team outside a few positions be really bad and still have an average team. The Safeties and Slay kept the Defense from being the worst ever. Stafford, Tate, and Jones Jnr. saved the offense from the lack of a running game and a pourus oft injured Oline. The results of those 6 in particular took the Lions from being almost Browns bad, to being a team in position to get to the playoffs. They didn't pull it off, but even if they beat softer teams you don't go 9-7 if your team isn't an average team. Those 6 and primarily Stafford of those 6 helped raise the team to Average, to mediocrity.
    And that's as far as they'l ever get with Mediocre Matty at QB. With Mediocre Matty they will always compete for a playoff spot but lose to good teams. They are looking at a 9 lose season next year if the 9 winning teams they play next years maintain their performance from this year.

Comment

• I got ya Jim
      Forever One!

Comment

• Matthew Stafford is playing the best all-around football of his career under Jim Bob Cooter. But how he's done it has seriously evolved.

On Wednesday, ProFootballFocus broke it down even further. They showed Stafford's passer rating by route, and it further illustrated the point. Stafford posted a 119.4 passer rating on go routes, which was 32 points better than the NFL average. That's dominant.

He posted a 132.2 rating on corner routes (29.8 points above average), 121.1 on post routes (24.5 above average), 137.1 rating on comeback routes (61.7 above average) and 95.2 rating on in routes (14.2 above average).

In other words: Stafford crushed the league on comeback routes more than anything. But he was way above average on all downfield routes too. And relative to the rest of the league, his second-best route was a go.

Not bad for a guy who was sacked the second most times in the league, eh? Or a guy who had the worst running game in the league? Imagine how good he might be if Detroit ever solved those issues.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I truly believe that this Stafford issue will be put to bed in the next 3 years. Quinn is not going to fire Patricia if lions can't get over the hump. Stafford is going to get his running issues and defense fixed. Then we will find out if they can truly win with him or they'll have to move on. He's on his last contract with lions if they don't advance to at least not championship game or superbowl.

Comment

• They better cut Mulbach.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I'm going to put all my faith in Quinn and Patricia to win and put all player biasis on the back burner. If you can help win, you stay, if you don't, they move on.

Comment

• Players win games, not coaches.

Comment

• Exactly, so if he wins he stays, if he doesn't he's gone, that's my point. I believe that Quinn and Patricia want to win, and will make decisions based on that, not meaningless stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                    I truly believe that this Stafford issue will be put to bed in the next 3 years. Quinn is not going to fire Patricia if lions can't get over the hump. Stafford is going to get his running issues and defense fixed. Then we will find out if they can truly win with him or they'll have to move on. He's on his last contract with lions if they don't advance to at least not championship game or superbowl.
                    wahoo!!!! 3 more years of huge paydays!!!!

Comment

Exactly, so if he wins he stays, if he doesn't he's gone, that's my point. I believe that Quinn and Patricia want to win, and will make decisions based on that, not meaningless stats.
                      But they'll give Mediocre Matty three more years to prove what that last 9 nine years has already proven? if thats the case, they don't want to win.

Comment

• Even you, dWT, have to give Quinn and Patricia a chance to show they are not part of the usual sol cast. Stafford has a new 5 year contract but the first 3 years are the most heavy handed when it comes to the cap issues, so we have to go with the flow as fans and see where it plays out. We can start our bitching in earnest then. Even though I know us fans will be batching after 2 or 3 games next year.

Comment

Exactly, so if he wins he stays, if he doesn't he's gone, that's my point. I believe that Quinn and Patricia want to win, and will make decisions based on that, not meaningless stats.
                          So, you think you should make the decisions that increase your chances of winning, not base them on some personal grudge against 'that fucking guy'?

Mind. blown.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Also, Barry makes Emmit look like a straight up chump. Like he did to everyone else.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

Even you, dWT, have to give Quinn and Patricia a chance to show they are not part of the usual sol cast. Stafford has a new 5 year contract but the first 3 years are the most heavy handed when it comes to the cap issues, so we have to go with the flow as fans and see where it plays out. We can start our bitching in earnest then. Even though I know us fans will be batching after 2 or 3 games next year.
                              Good points - put it will turn out the same as it has been for the last 9 years. I get richer and the Lions remain mediocre.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                Also, Barry makes Emmit look like a straight up chump. Like he did to everyone else.
                                Except for in the playoffs. Still waiting to see the Barry highlight reel from playoff games......does it exist?

Comment

Working...
                                X