No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest proposal is a 17 game season, two bye weeks, each team gets an international game a year and the Super Bowl would be in the last week of February. Gross, but Goodell promised the owners annual revenue of 25 billion yearly revenue by 2027.

Comment

• When I heard the late February Super Bowl I just thought really

Comment

• The best thing about the NFL for spectators is the scarcity of the product. It drives everything about the popularity. But that scarcity means the NFL has really limited means of increasing the revenue beyond what they do at the margins. All of the other sports have so many games(baseball, basketball, soccer), they have an abundance of inventory

So the NFL needs to make a 3 day draft, try to make the dumb combine an event. But after awhile it is hard to manufacture any more events to feed the beast. This is the logical conclusion to it. Everyone will accept it even if they don't like it.

Comment

• Comment

• Games in late January and early February are ridiculous in the northern climates with open stadiums.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned if it wasnt for fantasy football and betting the game wouldnt be as popular and probably would be farther alomf to extinction.
              With the Lions being irrelevant it won't really matter to me

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Games in late January and early February are ridiculous in the northern climates with open stadiums.
                Is it really that different to late December?

Comment

• yes, by far. The crap of winter doesn't hit in earnest until the second half of January. You don't have much snow in December and you can have decent weather. Not so in February, it is awful.

Comment

yes, by far. The crap of winter doesn't hit in earnest until the second half of January. You don't have much snow in December and you can have decent weather. Not so in February, it is awful.
                    Spot on.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Also, you need to wrap up before you're competing with NASCAR.

Comment

yes, by far. The crap of winter doesn't hit in earnest until the second half of January. You don't have much snow in December and you can have decent weather. Not so in February, it is awful.
                        February at Lamblow. Or Buffalo. Yeah, that will be an exciting game.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

February at Lamblow. Or Buffalo. Yeah, that will be an exciting game.
                          Fun to watch if it's in a blizzard and I'm in my warm house watching on TV.
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• On the plus side, outside of the lines, Statford has been a great player. No arrests, mama drama ((brain cancer doesn't count), no DUIs, no strip club brawls...

all-in-all, a nice pickup. Now if he could just win games...
                            Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Starting to think wcfwtf doesn't like #9.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I would like to be his neighbor. I also would like to make 30 mil a year to afford to be in his neighbor hood

Comment

Working...
                                X