No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sucks but if they have a losing season next year he could be gone. His contract expires 2022, going into the 2021 season they're going to have to decide to extend Stafford and pay him 30+ million a year like the top tier QB's or move on. I love Stafford as a player and he is my favorite player right now. But i don't see a situation he stays if they have a losing season next year. I just hope things works out next season. 😔
    ​​​​​

Comment

• Well, he's got Matty Fatty Patty coaching the team. And it was a false positive So he's got all that going for him. It'll be fine.....

this is fine GIF
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by pridepodcast View Post
        It sucks but if they have a losing season next year he could be gone. His contract expires 2022, going into the 2021 season they're going to have to decide to extend Stafford and pay him 30+ million a year like the top tier QB's or move on. I love Stafford as a player and he is my favorite player right now. But i don't see a situation he stays if they have a losing season next year. I just hope things works out next season. 😔
        ​​​​​
        Then they should have drafted Tua. He will, at least, play out his current contract in Detroit.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Then they should have drafted Tua. He will, at least, play out his current contract in Detroit.
          I don't think Patricia and BQ is betting on a losing season. But if they both get fired whoever comes in is gonna have to decide to either extend him or let him walk and maybe bring in a rookie qb on a rookie contract.

Comment

You don’t think they’d try and cash in for a first round pick?

Comment

I don't think Patricia and BQ is betting on a losing season. But if they both get fired whoever comes in is gonna have to decide to either extend him or let him walk and maybe bring in a rookie qb on a rookie contract.
              Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

You don’t think they’d try and cash in for a first round pick?
              I don't think Patricia and BQ is betting on a losing season. But if they both get fired whoever comes in is gonna have to decide to either extend him or let him walk and maybe bring in a rookie qb on a rookie contract. [/QUOTE]

You don't do that unless you have Lawrence or Fields in hand. There's a lot of moving parts and considerations that mostly point to this being something Orlovsky thru out there to draw attention to himself. I know there's not a lot to talk about, but let's not go there.

Even if they had to trade up for one I don't think that would be the move they'd make. Another team? Sure. The Lions OWNERS love MS. He's everything they want all their players to be. Everything.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I am perfectly fine with Stafford walking at any time, and finding success with another squad while the Lions immediately become a 1-win team.

Comment

• On any other team one would expect a new GM and new HC to do a purge, but we are talking about the Lions here. It will be business as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    I am perfectly fine with Stafford walking at any time, and finding success with another squad while the Lions immediately become a 1-win team.
                    And that cements the reality that there really is no other QB out there who could replace him at this moment in time.

Soooo different from soccer. When Florian Kamberi fkd off to Glasgow Rangers last season, many Hibs supporters crying into their pints. “ we’re fkd!”
                    “No, THEY’RE not fkd. They’ll get someone else.”
                    ”Who? Name someone? Who? WHO?”

Then I get flashbacks of this forum

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I write that with the assumption that the Lions will screw up finding his successor. It's less that Stafford is irreplaceable as much as the Lions will be incapable of finding someone that can replace him.

Comment

You don't do that unless you have Lawrence or Fields in hand. There's a lot of moving parts and considerations that mostly point to this being something Orlovsky thru out there to draw attention to himself. I know there's not a lot to talk about, but let's not go there.

Even if they had to trade up for one I don't think that would be the move they'd make. Another team? Sure. The Lions OWNERS love MS. He's everything they want all their players to be. Everything. [/QUOTE]

It's going to come down to his contract that expires 2022. I'm saying if things don't go the way we plan this season and Matt Patricia and Bob Quin is out the door. You're a new GM you immediately have to do decide do I extend Matthew Stafford and pay him 30+ million a year or do I let him walk get a rookie under a rookie contract and build from there? The business side of football points toward option B, a full blown rebuild. Now, if the Lions are successful this year, get to the playoffs win a playoff game and or win the division then Patricia keeps his job, BQ keeps his job and Stafford gets extended without a question. But.... If they go 6-10 next year all 3 of them could be gone, and it's unfortunate cause Matthew Stafford did everything he could since he came here.

Comment

Even if they had to trade up for one I don't think that would be the move they'd make. Another team? Sure. The Lions OWNERS love MS. He's everything they want all their players to be. Everything.
                          It's going to come down to his contract that expires 2022. I'm saying if things don't go the way we plan this season and Matt Patricia and Bob Quin is out the door. You're a new GM you immediately have to do decide do I extend Matthew Stafford and pay him 30+ million a year or do I let him walk get a rookie under a rookie contract and build from there? The business side of football points toward option B, a full blown rebuild. Now, if the Lions are successful this year, get to the playoffs win a playoff game and or win the division then Patricia keeps his job, BQ keeps his job and Stafford gets extended without a question. But.... If they go 6-10 next year all 3 of them could be gone, and it's unfortunate cause Matthew Stafford did everything he could since he came here. [/QUOTE]

Try $40 + million.

Comment

It's going to come down to his contract that expires 2022. I'm saying if things don't go the way we plan this season and Matt Patricia and Bob Quin is out the door. You're a new GM you immediately have to do decide do I extend Matthew Stafford and pay him 30+ million a year or do I let him walk get a rookie under a rookie contract and build from there? The business side of football points toward option B, a full blown rebuild. Now, if the Lions are successful this year, get to the playoffs win a playoff game and or win the division then Patricia keeps his job, BQ keeps his job and Stafford gets extended without a question. But.... If they go 6-10 next year all 3 of them could be gone, and it's unfortunate cause Matthew Stafford did everything he could since he came here.
                            Try $40 + million. [/QUOTE]

Even if that's the case, if you're a new GM do you pay Stafford that type of money with the lack of success he had with the franchise even though he personally has been great? That's tough. That's why if they have a bad season it's all up on the air. But hell let's just hope we don't have to worry about that. 2020 the Lions winning that division! 🤣😩

Comment

Try $40 + million.
                              Even if that's the case, if you're a new GM do you pay Stafford that type of money with the lack of success he had with the franchise even though he personally has been great? That's tough. That's why if they have a bad season it's all up on the air. But hell let's just hope we don't have to worry about that. 2020 the Lions winning that division! 🤣😩[/QUOTE]

I don't have an issue with MS, but, that's a ton of cap. If it were me as the GM I would trade him and tank. I wouldn't screw the pooch. Quintricia? Lol NO!

Comment

• You wouldn't be paying Stafford (or anyone) $40 mil. You'd renegotiate, or you'd move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X