Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bar just got set really high by Froggy
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Hopefully this reduced off season/practice time will help Stafford in a second year offense.

Last time this happened it took defences a while to get up to speed. Wasn’t that his 5k yards season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Even if that's the case, if you're a new GM do you pay Stafford that type of money with the lack of success he had with the franchise even though he personally has been great? That's tough. That's why if they have a bad season it's all up on the air. But hell let's just hope we don't have to worry about that. 2020 the Lions winning that division! 🤣😩
        I don't have an issue with MS, but, that's a ton of cap. If it were me as the GM I would trade him and tank. I wouldn't screw the pooch. Quintricia? Lol NO!
        If you are a new GM, do you pay the face of the franchise - who has been the face of the franchise for over a decade and the team hasn't won shit Top 5 QB money. Yes, because in the NFL the average QB's dictate the market. Been that way for a while now - virtually every QB that has done something in this league is having to play catch up to the guys that haven't won shit.

Comment

• I really wonder what would've happened in Baltimore if it had been Stafford instead of Flacco ... probably more titles

PS just put this cuz Flacco did win and was at one time highest paid
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
            I really wonder what would've happened in Baltimore if it had been Stafford instead of Flacco ... probably more titles

PS just put this cuz Flacco did win and was at one time highest paid
            Flacco was at least rewarded for actually accomplishing something. A lot of these guys are getting top dollar that struggle to even get to the playoffs, let alone win 1 game. At some point if you are going to pay a guy such a disgustingly disproportionate salary relative to his teammates - he needs to carry that team to somewhere more than a 1 and done in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Flacco was at least rewarded for actually accomplishing something. A lot of these guys are getting top dollar that struggle to even get to the playoffs, let alone win 1 game. At some point if you are going to pay a guy such a disgustingly disproportionate salary relative to his teammates - he needs to carry that team to somewhere more than a 1 and done in the playoffs.
              Not much to say. What you're saying makes sense, but everybody knows how important QB is, and everybody acknowledges that Stafford has ability. What can ya do

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Not much to say. What you're saying makes sense, but everybody knows how important QB is, and everybody acknowledges that Stafford has ability. What can ya do
                It's a systemic problem. When Stafford got his last contract extension he was one of the 10 highest paid athletes in ALL sports. In the same air as:
                Messi?
                Ronaldo?
                Lebron?
                Federer?
                Steph Curry?

Really? You'd really expect Brady's name to be there, not a guy who has never won a playoff game.....

Comment

• Put DWT in there at QB. What do you have to lose?
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

It's a systemic problem. When Stafford got his last contract extension he was one of the 10 highest paid athletes in ALL sports. In the same air as:
                    Messi?
                    Ronaldo?
                    Lebron?
                    Federer?
                    Steph Curry?

Really? You'd really expect Brady's name to be there, not a guy who has never won a playoff game.....
                    Can't argue with any of that ... except that Steph Curry has never been one of the highest paid NBA players (I think)

EDIT - nevermind, I guess Steph started making the real big money s couple seasons ago
                    Last edited by Forsh; August 29, 2020, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                      Put DWT in there at QB. What do you have to lose?
                      Quiet you, if you says his initials 3 times he reappears.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Yeah? And now he's pretty much middle of the pack... because that's how NFL contracts work. Initial sticker shock that fades when you discover they're likely to only make 50-60% of it for one reason or another.

Which is also why it's misleading to compare contracts in the NFL with any other league.

Comment

• MICHAEL LOMBARDI: “MATTHEW STAFFORD IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE NFC NORTH”

We here in the Motor City know just how valuable quarterback Matthew Stafford is to the Detroit Lions. The veteran gunslinger has set numerous team records throughout his career, which has now spanned 11 seasons. And since he was drafted 1st overall in the 2008 NFL Draft, he's completed 62.5% of his passes for 41,025...
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Practice observations: Matthew Stafford is having a really, really good camp

Comment

• That’s not entirely accurate. This was the exact quote.

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              MICHAEL LOMBARDI: “MATTHEW STAFFORD IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN HIS HOUSE
                              Apparently Matts kids are angrily debating this.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Yeah? And now he's pretty much middle of the pack... because that's how NFL contracts work. Initial sticker shock that fades when you discover they're likely to only make 50-60% of it for one reason or another.

Which is also why it's misleading to compare contracts in the NFL with any other league.
                                That's why he tried to contain it to that time. He knows that isn't a true depiction of the facts.

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                Practice observations: Matthew Stafford is having a really, really good camp

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/08/...TirRTScfzabaJw
                                Can you post the article?
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X