Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GALion68 View Post
    As has been mentioned elsewhere Stafford needs a change of scenery after this season and it would be best for both sides. If there will be a new coach and GM that will seal it for sure.
    Kelly is probably ready to move on too.
    I'm perfectly fine with Stafford seeing success the minute he leaves Detroit and someone else becoming the scapegoat for the Lions' failures.

The problem is the Lions are never going to let him go somewhere else, even if he wanted to.

Comment

• Stafford is part of the problem. Key word, “part.”

Defense stinks. OLine is inconsistent. Skills players hardly help. Stafford isn’t playing well. Coaching is bad except for special teams.

There are several issues with the Lions. Quinntricia / Ford ownership is the BIG problem because all of these issues come from them.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Stafford is part of the problem. Key word, “part.”

Defense stinks. OLine is inconsistent. Skills players hardly help. Stafford isn’t playing well. Coaching is bad except for special teams.

There are several issues with the Lions. Quinntricia / Ford ownership is the BIG problem because all of these issues come from them.
        He is a PART of the problem in the sense that he can't run an offense that keeps up with a defense that gives up points on damn near every single drive.

And when he has to constantly play catchup, it feeds into his worst instincts. Which I guess is a problem... but it's a largely avoidable one if you had competent management that could actually build a roster above replacement level.

EVERY QB is going to have flaws. Stafford is on a team that magnifies his. I agree he needs to get the hell out of Detroit and let someone else become the team's scapegoat (A Lions' Tradition since 1963!) Problem is, I can guarantee you the Fords aren't going to let him, either by trade or FA. He'll have to retire to escape, just like every other player the Lions deemed a franchise name.

Comment

• I would have been happy if Stafford was traded at the deadline for all parties.

Lions could have tanked the rest of the way. Stafford could have been given the opportunity to compete with a new team.

Unfortunately, Lions are stuck with struggling Stafford + this crap team for the rest of 2020. Stafford doesn’t have a concussion BTW. 6-10 and drafting in the #10 to #16 range overall here the Lions come! Woooooo.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I predicted both both Burrow and tua would be better and both are..

Comment

• Meanwhile, Tua and Herbert are lighting it up in their games today.

I didn’t want either of them, so I shouldn’t talk. But Bob Quinn? Do better.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Burrow yes, Tua , too soon yet

Comment

• Who ever gets Justin Fields next year will get the best QB in the draft. 86% completion rate for the season and half are drops. I’ve been watching college football for 45 years plus and have never seen a more accurate thrower in the pocket on the run short or long passing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                    Who ever gets Justin Fields next year will get the best QB in the draft. 86% completion rate for the season and half are drops. I’ve been watching college football for 45 years plus and have never seen a more accurate thrower in the pocket on the run short or long passing
                    I remember at one point during his junior season RG3 had more TD than incomplete passes ... hopefully Fields lasts longer as a starter
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Detroit Lions pivotal play of the game: Consecutive picks for Matthew Stafford

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/...thew-stafford/

Comment

• Joe Burrow is playing great ball and his team has 2 wins..The talent level between us and them isn't that different.

Its a team sport and No QB is gonna change this team until the defense and running game are fixed and that hasn't happened since before Stafford came here. His predecessors were far worse than him. Not just recently..All of them..ever.

They have failed miserably to ever field a defense and running game for him. You'll never win until you do.

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Fields, Lance or Lawrence..None of them change that. They just buy you more time to ruin young men's careers until you can actually build a football team.

Im not even against resetting the clock due to Stafford's age and getting someone younger at this point If it lines up that way but if you think Stafford is a bad Quarterback then you are a fucking idiot and know nothing about football.

This nonsense where he's scapegoated for every bad pass as if he has anyone on this team with real talent to work with. His receivers don't get up. His backs don't run well other than maybe one or two good runs occasionally. His defense never shows up.

It's tiring. It's stupid and the arguments are completely old hat.

This organization deserves another Andre Ware.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                          Joe Burrow is playing great ball and his team has 2 wins..The talent level between us and them isn't that different.

Its a team sport and No QB is gonna change this team until the defense and running game are fixed and that hasn't happened since before Stafford came here. His predecessors were far worse than him. Not just recently..All of them..ever.

They have failed miserably to ever field a defense and running game for him. You'll never win until you do.

Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Fields, Lance or Lawrence..None of them change that. They just buy you more time to ruin young men's careers until you can actually build a football team.

Im not even against resetting the clock due to Stafford's age and getting someone younger at this point If it lines up that way but if you think Stafford is a bad Quarterback then you are a fucking idiot and know nothing about football.

This nonsense where he's scapegoated for every bad pass as if he has anyone on this team with real talent to work with. His receivers don't get up. His backs don't run well other than maybe one or two good runs occasionally. His defense never shows up.

It's tiring. It's stupid and the arguments are completely old hat.

This organization deserves another Andre Ware.
                          I see what you are saying but this is what I would do. The long term plan

1. Fire Bob Quinn
                          2. Fire Matt Patricia
                          3. Draft best young Qb available in the draft.
                          4. Hire a coach who has a proven record of working with QB...Eric Bienimy.
                          5. If Bienimy is coach, get a GM that would work together.
                          6. Keep Stafford for 1 year. Trade or bench him during the season. If I'm the coach or gm reject any offer where I'm tied to Matt Stafford. In otherwords, it should not be mandated we have to keep Stafford.
                          7. Get a defensive coach who is flexible to use some of these players. Most are shit but not all of them..
                          8. Build for the future. No quick fixes

Is this not a good plan?
                          Last edited by 313LionsFan; November 8, 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

I remember at one point during his junior season RG3 had more TD than incomplete passes ... hopefully Fields lasts longer as a starter
                            I'm not a fan of fields. Hes basically Dewayne haskins but better runner. He's not great a processing info quickly. Osu gives him one side of the field to read and when that's not there he runs. Shit won't work in the NFL. He me a qb who can process info quickly and some who's accurate and ill take them all day

Comment

• Quinn should be fired just by the way Tua is playing. Our owner has no clue

Comment

• Stafford on interceptions

QB Matthew Stafford talks to media on interceptions and mistakes against Vikings.

Comment

Working...
                                X