No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think two #1 picks and a 3rd for a forever loser at QB will be the steal of the decade!

We haven’t seen a deal so great since Jay fucking Cutler!

Before we know it, Stafford will be on reality TV and divorced in no time.

Comment

• Matthew Stafford shrugged off thumb injury, fully participated in first padded practice

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2021, 2:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford has a well-established reputation for toughness. He provided another example of it on Tuesday.

One day after banging his hand against a helmet, Stafford fully participated in practice. He was determined not to miss it.

“It’s our first day in pads and I want to be out there,” Stafford told reporters after practice. “I want to be out there with these guys, every opportunity I get, whether I’m 100 percent or not. Every opportunity that I get to call, play and run against our defense and with our guys is an opportunity I need to get and I don’t want to waste them. If it was good enough to go, then I’m going to be out there to go.”

Stafford said that the thumb feels “pretty good . . . not too bad,” but that he plans to “kind of keep an eye on it over the next 24 hours or so.”

Structurally, Stafford is fine.

“Nothing [is] broken or fractured or torn,” he said. “Just kind of worked on it through the night to try and get it ready to practice today and it felt good enough, so we came out and practiced. . . . [It’s] never fun to have something as vital as the throwing thumb not feel 100 percent, but at the same time I’m sure happy that it wasn’t anything bad.”

Coach Sean McVay described the injury as a “good contusion,” but that the thumb “checked all the boxes in terms of the strength, things like that, but anytime that you’re a quarterback, it’s so important for that thing to be feeling good. And there was definitely a contusion there. He certainly probably isn’t going to say anything, but he was able to throw the ball really well, made a lot of big time plays today and got a bunch of good quality reps.”

McVay said that the team initially planned to give Stafford the day off, but that Stafford didn’t want to hear it.

“Earlier today we were planning on him not practicing,” McVay said, “and then he came out and he said, ‘No I’m practicing.’ And I said, ‘Okay, if you want to practice, let’s go.’ So that was kind of how it unfolded.”

It counts as a bullet dodged for the Rams, and it also will serve only to build on the existing excitement about what Stafford brings to the table. Still, it’s a reminder that any quarterback can get injured at any time. Whether it’s Stafford or someone else, the game entails plenty of risk — even as the NFL strives to keep making it safer. The league nevertheless is at its best when as many great players as possible are available to play. For Stafford, Monday’s incident ended up being just a scare, but it’s also a reminder about the fact that there’s an ever-present risk in 32 different training camps that a team’s fortunes can change dramatically on any given day.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Matthew Stafford doesn’t want to think about possibly throwing for 6,000 yards

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2021, 12:44 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL has added a seventeenth game. That will put plenty of full-season records at risk.

It also puts a new frontier in play for quarterbacks: 6,000 yards.

“I don’t even want to think about that number,” Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford told reporters on Tuesday regarding the possibility of someone parlaying an extra game into 3.4 miles of passing yards. “That’s crazy. I’m sure somebody will. I don’t know who led the league in passing last year, but I bet it’ll happen.”

Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson led the league last year, with 4,823. A seventeenth game at that rate would have become 5,124.

Peyton Manning set the single-season record in 2013, with 5,477 yards. An extra game at that rate would have pushed the record to 5,819.

So it’s hardly a given that someone will get to 6,000 yards, because no one has ever generated a full-season pace that would have resulted in 6,000 yards. That’s 353 yards per game, for 17 games.

So can Stafford, who has a 5,000-yard season and another one that got close to 5,000, get to 6,000?

“I don’t know, maybe,” he said. “But I don’t care if it is or not. I just want to win.”

That’s the right approach, especially since it may be a awhile before anyone gets to 6,000 yards. (By typing those words, I realize that I’ve basically guaranteed that it will happen this year. And that Stafford probably will do it.)
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaRaySparty View Post

This,,,,,,, he isn’t coming here.
          we will get stuck with the likes of Mitch Trubisky. You Stafford haters ready for what is about to happen?? Next year will be a total shit show!
          Any one in contact with SeaRay?
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Yep, Stafford just can't be a winner.

Comment

• The Rams are doooomed with this guy.

Glad we have Goff, who shoots out unicorns from his arse..... and lasers from his eyes.
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ok Matt, he’s open…… THROW IT, C’MON MATT…….. THROW…….Fumble Runningback GIF by skipp
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Is that what it looks like to be 4-1?
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                    Is that what it looks like to be 4-1?
                    Fucking EH??? 🤷‍♂️

its not all about the QB, dude.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• From the Turf Show TImes.....

Screenshot_2021_10_29_120136.jpg
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• All you Stafford haters that blame him for Detroits sorry excuse for a football team, what's your excuse now? Stafford has won two playoff games his first year away from Detroit. The man wasted twelve years of his life trying to win for Detroit, but got shited on. He should have left after his first contract was up because of a ungrateful fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                          I think two #1 picks and a 3rd for a forever loser at QB will be the steal of the decade!

Don’t think the Rams are regretting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gastoverat View Post
                            All you Stafford haters that blame him for Detroits sorry excuse for a football team, what's your excuse now? Stafford has won two playoff games his first year away from Detroit. The man wasted twelve years of his life trying to win for Detroit, but got shited on. He should have left after his first contract was up because of a ungrateful fan base.
                            Most Lions fans loved him to be fair. There are idiots in every fanbase. Looked at a Packers forum and most of them want Rodgers gone cos “you can’t win with that guy”.

Comment

• You can't win with that guy!!! You just can't!!!!!!!!!

You gotta believe me!!!!!!!!
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                                I think two #1 picks and a 3rd for a forever loser at QB will be the steal of the decade!

oops

psst sir shitty is going to the super bowl
                                Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Working...
                                X