Michigan 31, Indiana 20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    IU needed a last second FG to beat Maryland at home last week and lost at Minnesota two weeks ago. ......
    ..... and osu needed a miracle missed two point conversion to avoid another loss on Saturday.

Either osu is really bad or Maryland is really good.

M beat them in AA 42-21. Touche.

osu played way worse......... WAY worse. So, in a comparative sense I'd say M played >>>>> osu and I'd call M's play v. IU OK, good enough and all of that level of praise

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    But, I guess if you want an unflinching M Uber Alles narrative, then sure, IU is waaay better now and played out of their fucking mind yesterday!
    Yes, der fuhrer, I'll take the Uber Alles narrative mostly because it's logical that teams improve over the season unless they are bad. IU is not Rutgers level bad. IU did play well yesterday. Harbuagh said so.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 18, 2018, 04:01 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; November 18, 2018, 04:00 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes, M played Maryland way better, but Maryland is so much better now!!!! I mean M played Maryland the same week OSU played IU! So, QE fucking D!

Comment

No. 72 later knocked Winovich to the ground and drilled him when he was down causing him to leave the game. The above video illustrates that it was chippy both ways with Winovich and he ended up getting the worst of it.
          Ahh. Was 72 flagged?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I guess by the rule it was targeting, but Edwards really needs to be aware of the situation and get his hands up to block or defend himself.

Targeting rule: https://www.si.com/college-football/...rule-explained
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Yes, M played Maryland way better, but Maryland is so much better now!!!! I mean M played Maryland the same week OSU played IU! So, QE fucking D!
                Well played ....... I have not yet mentioned this and I,m posting this in the wrong thread. So What ......

FUCK osu.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Comment

• Yep, You see it all the time. This was really obvious and magnified by the injury, I think Chase was hurt when he was thrown to the ground. #72 did not fall/land on top of his shoulder either.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Comment

• Good thing because I am right all of the time. More right than even AA.

Comment

• I think this wouldn't be such a big thing if for a few specifics:
                          1) Chase, maybe our best player and team leader, a senior, might miss The Game and the conclusion of the Revenge Tour, which he coined. Lots of emotion tied to him.
                          2) Indiana sideline congratulating the player who knocked out Edwards for getting the targeting call, well after the cart was on the field to take a motionless player off the field.

Number 1 is a Michigan fan thing. Number 2 is a trash program thing.

Comment

• For me, on a technical level, this is another game where it's easy to look at resumes, particularly of each player, and get a good feel for who has an advantage unit v. unit. The "hate" is just part of the fun for fans that are lucky enough to have CFB rivalries on the scale of this one.

I've been down this road of intangibles in The Game. It's a player, probably a bit more than in other games. Put the game in the context of winning the BIG East, the chance to play NW in the CCG and the potential for a CFP berth for M if they win, and this game should be a big deal. It is ........ for fans.

Frankly, I don't think the players or the coaches look at The Game in the same context that fans do. On offense, those players are into watching film, figuring out mis-matches, how to exploit them and practicing the plays that Harbaugh has designed and will spring on ufm. Something similar goes down on defense. Coaches have to channel the emotions of younger players and probably some of the older ones, into the hard work and practice that produces results on the field. You won't beat the man across from you by hating him or the school he plays for. You'll beat him by being better at the game you both are playing, in the positions you are playing them in. It comes down to a 1 v. 1 contest with each man doing his best and contributing to the success of the team, the team, the team.

Comment

• So I went back through this thread and I saw a lot of complaints about the Winovich hit. When I watched it live I thought that it was just a brutal but legal hit. Unless Winovich is considered a defenseless player? Anyways, I didn't think that one should be flagged. And it was clearly the initial hit that did the damage.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; November 19, 2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, that's where I was.

Comment

Working...
                                X