No announcement yet.

Florida 41, Michigan 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it is. He's acting on his beliefs and within the reality that is the modern landscape of CFB as a precursor to a lucrative career in the NFL.
    Well, I certainly can understand kids that fully grasp the "reality" of the "modern landscape." And that reality, being what it is, it seems like the likes of Ohio State and Alabama do a superlative job of developing fine young men that achieve their goals.

What have you read that makes you so sure of that?
    I can field that for you. He's read that Harbaugh is the coach of M and Ryan Day is the coach of OSU.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

When I played and having been a captain elected by my teammates I can't think of a single most selfish thing than for Bush and Higdon to say "fuck you" to their teammates and go play a bowl game without them. As others have posted "the team the team the team" is nothing more than a hollow refrain that has completely lost its meaning. Fuck Bush and Higdon. Lets hope t hey both suffer career ending injuries before the draft while "working out" for their NFL careers. they both demonstrated their true character when they left the team. It is fitting that their last game wearing the winged helmets ended in the most embarrassing loss in UM history. That will be their legacy.

Comment

It is a hollow refrain but given the current CFB landscape you can't be angry at the players for placing their own self interests ahead of the team. At least I don't. Guys like us lived that refrain in our time. I still do but I've also come to grips with what monetizing CFB to the extent that has occurred has done to traditions we experienced and unrealistically expect to continue.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

That's you, me and Stan and probably some others here but, look, I get Higdon's choices. I do believe he's sending a political message doing what he's doing. It's like Kaepernick's only a different one. I didn't know about the work-out nature of the Senior Bowl compared to the Peach but, it makes sense for Higdon to prefer playing a limited roll in that compared to what he might be asked to do for Harbaugh and for reasons we probably don't know about he decided he just couldn't do that.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Strip his captaincy. If you want to make a political statement then you forfeit your status as a team leader. It's a purely symbolic move but then again, captain is a somewhat symbolic position. It's one thing to be a lock to go in the first round of the draft and to not want to risk millions. It's another thing to be a somewhat borderline NFL prospect and to snub your team by skipping the bowl game but then conspicuously playing in a meaningless combine game. There needs to be a message sent.

Comment

I don't disagree with that. Nor do I disagree with stripping Higdon's Captaincy.

Comment

Strip Bush's captaincy as well. Fuck him!

Comment

I have different feelings about a guy skipping a bowl game when he is a lock to go in the first round ala Bush or Gary. It sucks for us fans but you can only ask a guy to risk so much of his own future for the team. These guys aren't getting a degree so without football, they don't have very encouraging prospects.

Comment

A lot of venom for these guys who saw Jake Butt tear his knee in that bowl game a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum
                      Yeah. Just don't go to another bowl.
                      You've made yer point. You risk talent's eyes glazing over and him telling you about it.

Would you like me to explain what I mean about handlers and their affect on M recruiting further or M's culture and it's affect on recuriting?

No?

Then kindly STFU.

Comment

In some ways, Higdon has more to lose as a mid rounder. If he gets hurt, he probably doesnt get drafted. If Gary gets hurt, he probably gets drafted a mid rounder. Lots of money lost but still a good future ahead.

Comment

STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The whole concept of bowls are weird. Your team plays a full season and then waits a month to play one more game. The time between is longer than training camp.

Comment

Finals got nothing to do with it Hoss. It is all about family vacations.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X