No announcement yet.

Florida 41, Michigan 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not following. What I'm saying is that it appears to be that there are some players who are deeply unhappy with the program. Nothing do to with any ideological or general dissastisfaction with the structure of college football.

Comment

He has a little daughter, I think it is part of his decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
        ....... What I'm saying is that it appears to be that there are some players who are deeply unhappy with the program.....
        Maybe. I really don't see it that way.

Aside from the tweet from Solomon's Mom suggesting there's an underlying reason for the departures (and we have no clue what that is - just speculation) and unsubstantiated rumors of Higdon's discontent after the osu loss. There's really nothing to hang your hat on. If there was anything substantial involving locker-room discontent, I believe recruiting and especially the early signing period would have been affected. I don't think it looks like it was affected.

If you read enough mgoboard since the osu loss, you'll get an earful of highly speculative notions about player dissatisfaction, team dysfunction and all sorts of negativity surrounding the program. I get it. I think everyone was horrified by the osu loss and started looking for reasons why and that bloomed into this current dialogue about dissension within the ranks. I think it is overblown.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          He has a little daughter, I think it is part of his decision.

Comment

The Senior Bowl is coached by NFL coaches...and it contains a lot of the same elements that the combines do. Players need to make sure they have somewhat fresher legs and the ability to put down good testing numbers.

This is a good time for Christian Turner to get some meaningful snaps

Comment

I realize these guys can do whatever they want and fans are looking at winning the bowl game and not that interested in what might happen or could happen to these players, but I guess I grew up in a different time period where "you finish what you started" type of attitude.

Also the culture of "the team, The Team, THE TEAM" really doesn't imply anymore at Michigan even though they keep pushing it all the time. These decisions are business decisions

Again I understand why he is sitting out especially having a daughter and all, but if he does get hurt in the Senior bowl won't it be the same issues and the same results for the draft?

If your going to sit out ... sit out -- not pick and choose

Comment

The Senior Bowl is less about the game and more about the practices. The scouts leave after the last practice.

Comment

Last edited by Hannibal; December 20, 2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum
                      He is gonna play in the Senior Bowl and not the Peach? If I am a GM in the NFL, that would make me drop him on my board. Maybe even off my board.
                      Why? CFB players, especially those with NFL potential, are moving in a direction very different from the days of putting the team's or organization's interest ahead of their own self interests. The NFL has recognized this ever since the Player's Association won the right to Free Agency.

Higdon has NFL potential. If he isn't beating his wife or assaulting his GF, he's got good character in the eyes of the NFL. You're dwelling in yesteryear, man.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

There are rumors he almost came to blows in the locker room with other players, but who really knows.

Comment

True integrity and character move by Higdon.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              True integrity and character move by Higdon.
                              Actually, it is. He's acting on his beliefs and within the reality that is the modern landscape of CFB as a precursor to a lucrative career in the NFL.

Bosa.

There will be more to follow and fans and coaches can either recognize and respect it or they can live in the past and whine about it. That's destructive.

At the same time, and fortunately, there are players and programs that still believe in the power and value of team that subrogates self interests.

Successful CFB programs will learn to integrate the apparent dichotomy of values to produce success. I feel good about Harbaigh understanding how to do that. day? I'd be worried.

Comment

What have you read that makes you so sure of that?

Comment

Working...
                                X