X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

shaddup

Liney scores his first point against Wiz...Wiz still leads 84-1.
    That sounds like a UNL-Troy score. Fear the south central Alabama Trojans!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

shaddup

Liney scores his first point against Wiz...Wiz still leads 84-1.
      Oh, I get it now. "Spartan Bob" must still be running the scoreboard for The Wizard ...

I see how it is ....

:::illegal kick:::
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Seth at mgo did a Neck Sharpies piece on how Gattis fits into the Moorehead coaching tree with respect to employing Moorehead's offensive philosophies as M's new OC. The central point here is how a lot of coaches will stress the defense horizontally in CFB today with RR being really the first OC to debut this sort of offense. Moorehead added a heavy dose of verticality to his offenses at PSU to complement and provide conflicts for defenses. It's a very good piece if you want to understand how the spring game - a few plays in particular - demonstrate what Gattis means by speed in space. Great diagrams and break-downs.

The image below shows Mike Sainristil dusting an M defender and scoring a TD. Great, I get speed in space but what this photograph reveals - along with the extensive diagramming of the play - is how vulnerable Brown's aggressive D is to getting burned. On this play, Brown brought 6 defenders. Conceptually, what the play does from an offensive standpoint is to send two WRs vertically that clears out the Ss and CBs while threatening horizontally with a QB RO play to the edges.

Sanristil was lined up in the backfield along with another RB. The Viper is blitzing. This leaves the LBs - in this case the WIL - the duty of covering crossing receivers in the short zone. There were two of these, one of them Sanristril. Sanristril dusts the coverage with a quick move and guess who is getting dusted. Mettellus. Look familiar? ryan day killed Don Brown's defense and mismatched LBs were trying, and failing, to cover the underneath zone against speedy osu receivers.

I like Seth's Neck Sharpies articles and this one is particularly good in explaining how Gattis is deploying Moorhead offensive philosophies if the plays we saw in the spring game are an indication of that. However, it also shows, to me anyway, that when Brown gets caught being real aggressive like he was on this play (and I think Patterson knowing what was coming audibled into it) is gonna get beat given what he's got at LB in guys like Ross, Gill and Mettellus. All of them are good BIG-Ten LBs who will stand up against the run but, they are exploitable in offenses employing the kinds of spread concepts that Moorhead is famous for, esp. when an offense has these speedy, water-bug configured slot guys lining up in different positions on the field.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Oh, I get it now. "Spartan Bob" must still be running the scoreboard for The Wizard ...

I see how it is ....

:::illegal kick:::
          bastage

liney:

Remember 1997. Your runner-up MNC was quite an accomplishment...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

That sounds like a UNL-Troy score. Fear the south central Alabama Trojans!
            AA...don't make me break out the genital cuffs again...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Brandon Peters in the transfer portal, potentially on his way to Purdue. McCaffrey passed him last season and with M's new RPO offense, he's no longer a great fit for the offense. Milton is the clear 3rd string QB.

Comment

• He also may consider going to Central Michigan were former Michigan assistant Jim McElwain just took the HC job, and I believe they just graduated their QB. That's the same path that Shane Morris took, and he led the Chips to a bowl win. I thought Purdue was set at QB?

Anyway, best wishes to him. There was no way he was going to get past Patterson, McCaffery and Milton. Plus, Michigan just brought in 4-star QB Cade McNamara with this year's class, and Peters would have had to get past him as well.

Peters will leave with his Michigan degree, which will be the most valuable thing he takes with him from Michigan.

Comment

• This is a link to an mgoboard post that shows the 2019 Nike/Jordan clothing line. The last time I bought anything in the M, Nike brand, it was a zippered jacket 4y ago . It was overpriced at $90 but the quality was good. Last season I browsed the selection in M Den. Dry-fit shirts were cheaply made with wafer thin material, huge variation in chest size and fit per shirt in both medium and large sizes and shitty seam work. I'm reading not to expect anything nearing some of the quality Nike products of many years past. There are other manufacturers that have paid to use the M logo in their clothing lines. If it's not a knock off it will have an NCAA Tag on it. Prices aren't much different than the Nike stuff though but the quality might be better. "Might" is the operative word here. Seems like quality sports ware is not only hard to come by at a reasonable price but manufacturers making quality products have been priced out of the market.

This could possibly be the new Harbaugh shirt for 2019. Not sure but he's worn it quite a bit from photos I've seen. $55 $30 $30
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Chris Evans has apparently been unsuccessful in his appeal to have his suspension shortened allowing him to play in the 2019 season. He has however, been told he can reapply and if approved be readmitted to the U in January 2020. From the sound of things he wants to play. I did not get from this story, though, that Harbaugh would welcome him back on scholarship. I'm sure he could walk on and would be welcomed if he did but that's a ton of cash involved in tuition.

“Chris Evans is suspended for the year,” Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said Sunday after speaking at the Best of the Midwest football camp.

Comment

• Talent is there on offense other than experience at running back. Possible Air Raid if the true freshman and red shirt freshman aren't BOTH solid backs. Running back is a position a freshman can step in and play immediately and the OL developed a ton in season thanks to Warinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        This is a link to an mgoboard post that shows the 2019 Nike/Jordan clothing line. The last time I bought anything in the M, Nike brand, it was a zippered jacket 4y ago . It was overpriced at $90 but the quality was good. Last season I browsed the selection in M Den. Dry-fit shirts were cheaply made with wafer thin material, huge variation in chest size and fit per shirt in both medium and large sizes and shitty seam work. I'm reading not to expect anything nearing some of the quality Nike products of many years past. There are other manufacturers that have paid to use the M logo in their clothing lines. If it's not a knock off it will have an NCAA Tag on it. Prices aren't much different than the Nike stuff though but the quality might be better. "Might" is the operative word here. Seems like quality sports ware is not only hard to come by at a reasonable price but manufacturers making quality products have been priced out of the market.

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/early-2...an-gear-photos
                        Until the day that Michael Jordan apologizes to Isiah for blackballing him, to the Pistons for saying the NBA would be better off with another champion, and to Detroit for his insults about the city, I'll take a pass on giving him money.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post

Until the day that Michael Jordan apologizes to Isiah for blackballing him, to the Pistons for saying the NBA would be better off with another champion, and to Detroit for his insults about the city, I'll take a pass on giving him money.
                          :::stands and applauds:::

Comment

• M is currently 4th favorite to win the national title. Seems a little low, but, whatever. Bettors know what sort of hell HARBAUGH!!!! and GATTIS!!! are about to unleash on the Midwest.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is M's year.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• To win the B1G, maybe but not much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X