Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      shut down without a single positive test
      They aren't saying who but they claim 22 athletes tested positive last week across a number of teams. And at least some of those were with the new covid strain

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Still waiting for the other shoe to dop.
        Boy it sure would be nice to be wrong about this bullshit every now and then.

Comment

• The dudes at m go blue are doomsday (what else is new) on this, but idk, is it really that bad? As far as just basketball goes, assuming they resume after the 14 days, they'll still be highly ranked and likely holding onto one of the projected one seeds. Villanova missed like 3 weeks and remained in the top 3. Sure Michigan will lose a stretch of games on their schedule that appeared to be W's, but one could also argue those are games where you don't have much to gain (as far as signature wins) and a lot to lose. Games versus the likes of Penn State & Northwestern for example, those wins don't move the needle if you win them but they do definitely move the needle in the opposite direction if you lose them. Missing the practice time though will be a challenge. But assuming that this just remains at 14 days and they resume on schedule, I don't know if it's really that big of a deal.

Like I said they should still be holding their current seed projection when they resume.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• This may or may not be justified, but the thing that I know for sure is that Michigan is going to be consciously aware of making more noise about player safety than other schools and also less respectful of the point of these competitions in the first place, which is to f****** win them. Michigan isn't going to lift a finger to make sure the basketball team can have a chance to fulfill its goals and dreams. It would rather go overboard defending its brand then it would finding the right balance to respect the kids who put on the uniform.

Comment

• Like I said they should still be holding their current seed projection when they resume.
              I think this is true. The NCAA selection committee isn't going to forget Michigan just because they're off on a 14 day Covid break. They won't forget Duke and MSU either, and both of them have had significant breaks for Covid. Shoot, Duke refused to play an OOC schedule completely, but I guarantee they'll be in the field somewhere.

I'm wondering if the NCAA may actually have to push the tournament back a week or two, so that teams can complete their seasons.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I'm wondering if the NCAA may actually have to push the tournament back a week or two, so that teams can complete their seasons.
                I'm totally fine with that if that's what they gotta do. Just as long as the madness happens. Even if it's in April.
                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• So can anybody tell me what specific protocol is being followed by shutting down all sports? Did anyone in the basketball program test positive? Does anyone in the program have to be quarantined because of contact tracing? What risk is being mitigated here? What safety issue is being addressed? I don't get it. This is one of our three best seasons since the early 90s, our football team is a pile of shit, and our athletic department seems to have no desire to let us watch the team that is bringing us little bits of joy. Something that we haven't gotten to experience very much.

Comment

• Better safe than sorry.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      So can anybody tell me what specific protocol is being followed by shutting down all sports? Did anyone in the basketball program test positive? Does anyone in the program have to be quarantined because of contact tracing? What risk is being mitigated here? What safety issue is being addressed? I don't get it. This is one of our three best seasons since the early 90s, our football team is a pile of shit, and our athletic department seems to have no desire to let us watch the team that is bringing us little bits of joy. Something that we haven't gotten to experience very much.
                      By now, its easy to tell that this has Whitmer's fingerprints all over it, and to a lesser degree, Schlissel's. This shoot first and ask questions later approach has been her standard approach, and no thought is being given to the consequences. Truth be known, Gretch is probably looking for reasons to go back on her 're-open the restaurants' promise that is supposed to take place on Feb 1. To my knowledge, not one player or coach on any team has tested positive. The new shutdown was ordered because a few students were diagnosed with the new strain of Covid, so once again, everything has to be shut down.

The postponed games are now adding up. Until last week, Michigan only had one game that needed to be made up, and that was with Penn State. They were going to take care of that on Wednesday. With this shut down, Michigan now has 4 games to make up. I believe MSU has at least 4 as well.

But hey, Gretch's poll numbers are high! So, there's a silver lining to all this ...

Comment

• And of course, the mgoblog writers are praising this move.

If nobody on the team tested positive, then shutting it down is, once again, mind numbingly stupid.

Comment

• Mgo has become an embarrassment to the fan base. They collectively represent everything opposing fans hate about us. We're #1 for a hundred years running in the sanctimony rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Mgo has become an embarrassment to the fan base. They collectively represent everything opposing fans hate about us. We're #1 for a hundred years running in the sanctimony rankings.
                            I still have a login over there, but I haven't used it for years. They threatened to ban me because I posted something critical about Carr, so I decided to go away peacefully.

Comment

Mgo has become an embarrassment to the fan base. They collectively represent everything opposing fans hate about us. We're #1 for a hundred years running in the sanctimony rankings.
                              They are proud that they don't care about winning as much as OSU or an SEC program.

Comment

It really is a parody website.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X