Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the 2nd or 3rd region 1 seed would be nice.

1. Gonzaga
    2. Baylor
    3. Michigan
    4. Illinois

That’s how it currently projects. Keep it as it is. Gonzaga and Illinois on the opposite side of the bracket.
    Hopefully not Houston as the #2 seed in M’s region.
    Last edited by Cody_Russell; March 5, 2021, 11:32 AM. Reason: SPELL CHECK
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• M is a one seed, regardless. Honestly, they have to be the favorite to win it all. I think they’re better than the Zags and Baylor.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Seems like a better shot at getting the #1 overall seed than dropping to #2. But most important thing is to beat Sparty until Sparty goes home for the summer. There's an opportunity to avenge '19's 0-3 with a 3-0, and kill their tournament changes in the process. Would be a huge chapter in the history of this rivalry.

Comment

• For now, though, a post to note that Michigan is your outright Big Ten Champion in 2021. Give Juwan Howard everything he wants.

Comment

• Can we tag people here? Massspartan sometimes likes to talk about basketball. Wonder if he might like to now. We could talk about this year's results or even next year's recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              Can we tag people here? Massspartan sometimes likes to talk about basketball. Wonder if he might like to now. We could talk about this year's results or even next year's recruiting.
              No, not to my knowledge. I believe Deborah would have to look into and design tags into the platform she's using now to host us. It's a good idea. I'll ask her.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Or maybe just let Massspartan know that we like talking about basketball with him.

Comment

• A season sweep was too much to ask. It was never too much to ask for MSU all of the years where they were seven+ games ahead of us in the standings, but it's too much to ask for us, apparently.

Comment

• Yep. Fucking embarrassment to lose to that trash team.

Comment

• Well hopefully Brooks' left ankle injury is minor. Rolled ankle or minor ankle sprain. HOPEFULLY.
                      Michigan isn't winning the B10 Tournament or NCAA Tourney without Brooks. Absolute killer if it's serious.
                      A key starter getting injured killed the Final Four dreams of 3 of the 4 best Matt Painter Purdue teams... it would suck to see it happen to this M team.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hopefully, we won’t shoot like drunk dudes playing HORSE in the driveway anytime soon. Because that’s what this game was. Fuck Sparty in their stupid asses. I’m so pissed.

Comment

• I hope Brooks is okay.

That said, they still should have rose to the occasion to beat the worst Spartan team in the last 20 years. Somebody has to step up when an important player goes down. Nobody did.

Illinois is absolutely the odds-on favorite to win the B1G tournament. They're one of the hottest teams in the country right now.

M may still get its #1 seed, but they'll be the first #1 seed eliminated. I think the guys peaked around the time they played OSU, and have been on a bit of a downward trend since then.

Still, an excellent season for Michigan, and Coach Howard should be the NCOTY. And they need to pay the man. He's a fine coach.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Coach Howard's response to the Illini's coach and players claiming "a share" of the Big Ten title: Its refreshing to see a Michigan HC take a stand for his players ...

Asked about the situation after Sunday’s loss to the Spartans, Michigan coach Juwan Howard had an emphatic response to the notion that his team wasn’t the outright Big Ten champion.

“I don’t get into that stuff, man,” Howard said after Michigan’s 70-64 loss. “You’re not gonna get any sound-bytes from me or any bulletin board shit, I don’t care about any of that stuff. I just care that we’re Big Ten champs and I’m so proud of our guys for working their butts off since June and grinding.

“All the unknowns, being able to pivot and sacrifice what their college life is supposed to be like. But still manage to have a season and then be stars in their own role. That’s amazing what our student-athletes were able to endure and overcome and then at the same time accomplish something special, that’s the Big Ten title. So I’m not gonna let anyone — I repeat, anyone — try to ruin it for them. They earned it.”

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Math isn't for everyone...

Comment

• I agree that the season peaked with OSU and Iowa, and that the offense hasn't been anywhere near its best for the past three games. Hopefully this is the smack in the mouth that refocuses them. And hopefully Brooks is healthy.

That really sucked, but give Izzo credit. That creep can roll. Hopefully we see them in the tournament.Even without brooks, a ridiculous amount of things had to break for them to get that win

Comment

Working...
                                X