Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dig these new BTN graphics.

Comment

• Buffalo was good, but M let their guard down in the 2nd half, and the game ended up being closer than it had to be. They got a bit sloppy on the defensive end, while Buffalo was heating up.

Hunter Dickinson got 27 points. Houstain had an excellent 1st half when it seemed like he couldn't miss. Diabate can really run the floor well for a big guy.

We got to see some good, and a little bad in the opener, which turned out to be a typical opener.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Diabate looked REALLY good. Particularly in the 1st half. His passing ability, energy, and awareness impressed me. M did have Dickinson and Diabate on the floor together at times. It could happen more often as long as the defensive spacing is ok.
        T Williams stands out as someone that has improved. Appears like his game is better all around.
        Johns looks slightly better than last season, but nothing so far that says he is a locked starter. I think Johns was the first starter that went to the bench vs Buffalo.
        D Jones slightly underwhelming, but he was in foul trouble early. His body language was a little nonchalant. Maybe it’s a nothing. Compare it to Diabate who brought Mo Wagner energy to the court.
        Houstan has all of the tools to be great. The hope there is he will improve throughout the season.
        Dickinson improved… not surprising.
        Brooks is Brooks. Important glue piece that does most things very well.

Overall, solid performance vs a tough mid-major Buffalo team. Early to read too much into the team… appears like this could be the deepest M team that I can recall in recent memory. Maybe not the strongest at the top of the roster, but deep.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• When they get used to working with each other under game conditions, they could be really good. Loads of potential.

There's at least 4 guys that could end up being Jake Moody good, when it comes to putting up 3's. (see what I did there?)

Comment

• Michigan up to #4 in the AP poll!

#1 in hockey, and could jump Cincy to #5 in football.

Comment

• Program Alert!!

Michigan hosts Seton Hall tonight at 9:00.

Comment

• Michigan suffers its first loss of the season, 67-65 to Seton Hall. The Wolverines led much of the second half, but couldn't put the Pirates away and got caught at the end.

Comment

• Dumb loss.
                  M had that game won and let it skip away midway through the 2nd half because of sloppiness and lack of fundamentals.
                  Poor 3% hurt too. A lot of good looks that didn’t drop.
                  Jones made some nice plays, but was way too out of control. Late fouls on him were so costly.

This team has A LOT to clean up. Far from a polished product outside of Dickinson and Brooks.
                  That being said, I’m not exactly thrilled with Brooks being “the guy” forced to take a clutch shot.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Its a "learn" loss. They likely thought they were hot stuff, and Seton showed them they weren't . 3 of 15 from behind the arc didn't help at all. When those aren't falling, they have to work inside. They have the size to be an inside team, so they shouldn't be in trouble when 3's aren't falling.

A very long way to go until March. Nobody, including the media darling Gonzaga, isn't going to go undefeated. Everybody is going to get beat.

Still a very good team, led by a very good coach. Howard signed a 5 year extension yesterday. Good for him, and good for Manuel for getting him locked in. I doubt that Howard will be looking for a way out anyway.

Don't let one loss become two. Move on.

Comment

• Watching my DVR of Friday night’s/Saturday morning’s game against UNLV. The team’s a little janky so far. I don’t know how good UNlV is supposed to be though.

I assume Diabate is a one-and -done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Watching my DVR of Friday night’s/Saturday morning’s game against UNLV. The team’s a little janky so far. I don’t know how good UNlV is supposed to be though.

I assume Diabate is a one-and -done.
                        Both Diabate and Houstan could be one and done's. Dickinson will be gone next year as well. But, they've been recruiting well, so they should be in the hunt for conference championships and NCAA berths going forward.

The basketball program is finally back where it belongs.

Comment

• Ha! Oh, the Michigan betters at this game are too funny…
                          That reminds me of my Vegas trip during March Madness a few years ago…

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Looks like we should cool our jets on the hoops hype this year.

Comment

• Yeah, they've run into a couple teams that have very strong programs. They aren't playing tomato cans. It could help them later on to develop toughness. November losses don't mean a lot.

Comment

• Seton Hall pulled a late-game upset. Arizona just routed Michigan from the final media timeout in the first half on. It's been a while since I've seen a Michigan team give up that many dunks and layups, and Michigan never had a hope of generating enough offense to match. I hope this loss won't end up meaning that much, but after seeing Michigan get exploited repeatedly like that, I have my doubts.

Comment

Working...
                                X