Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    Jones is one problem of many, I know he's the fan bases favorite target but there are quite a few other issues on this team.
    Agreed. BUT if your point can't do the two most basic things a point is supposed to do: 1) Get the ball into good spots for other guys and 2) stay in front of his man, then you re going to look a lot worse than you are. The offense is such a slog when Jones is in there and not great with Collins but at least he makes things happen on the court.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The basketball team is our Karma bill for this year’s football team. They suck ass.

Comment

• Yeah, they're really disappointing. Just goes to show that just because a group of guys are highly rated coming out of HS doesn't mean they're going to be great as a team in college.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They graduated a bunch of guys that are playing professionally and replaced them with true freshman and a disappointing transfer.

Comment

• Getting run off the court by Rutgers tonight. The team is a complete disaster.

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            They graduated a bunch of guys that are playing professionally and replaced them with true freshman and a disappointing transfer.
            They still have Dickinson and a pair of 5* freshmen. They ought not be this bad.

Comment

• Yeah, something isn’t right with the brew. This doesn’t look like typical transition costs and it’s become unwatchable.

Jones has been a disappointment at PG but the overall product is a disjointed mess on both ends of the court. It’s not all him. Dickinson looks like the only competent/consistent player out there.
              Last edited by Mike; January 4, 2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Hey you hung a hundy on the huskers though
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I need to find a replay of that when I need a basketball fix. I missed it the first time. That reminds me, how fucking bad is Nebraska basketball?? Like Nebraska football bad or even worse?

Comment

• Fucking worse. And that's saying something.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Then the only thing that can help them is a priest… and that’s debatable.

Comment

• Juwan's fault. Not enough shooting on offense. Hopefully this year is a roster-construction lesson for him. But, also, I wonder about some chemistry issues. Some of the ``this ain't high school/Sun Belt'' comments coming out of the players, as well as Dickinson kind of floating and regressing on D suggest this isn't necessarily a group of guys that like each other and like playing together. Helps to understand why they just continually fail to guard hot shooters. You don't need to be a good shooter or even a great athlete to at least *try* to execute the defensive plan.

Learning year for the young coach. If it's gotta be this way, then lets get our asses completely handed to us so the lessons are screamingly obvious and impossible to overlook.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Juwan's fault. Not enough shooting on offense. Hopefully this year is a roster-construction lesson for him. But, also, I wonder about some chemistry issues. Some of the ``this ain't high school/Sun Belt'' comments coming out of the players, as well as Dickinson kind of floating and regressing on D suggest this isn't necessarily a group of guys that like each other and like playing together. Helps to understand why they just continually fail to guard hot shooters. You don't need to be a good shooter or even a great athlete to at least *try* to execute the defensive plan.

Learning year for the young coach. If it's gotta be this way, then lets get our asses completely handed to us so the lessons are screamingly obvious and impossible to overlook.
                            That makes a lot of sense. Even some of the traditional national powers like Kentucky lay a dookie of a season now and then, so it’s not entirely out of line. But it’s probably time to pump the brakes a but on the Howard hype. He was not considered a home run hire at the time. But he has some obvious good qualities.

Comment

• Maybe time to pump the brakes, but he's still a new coach. We're gonna find out.

Comment

• This team reminds me of some of Fisher’s shitty underachieving mid-90s teams. Howard reminds me of Fisher in both good and bad ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X