Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's another Juwan Howard.

Comment

That would not be a bad thing. Howard was one of the most consistent players on the Fab Five.

Webber and Rose got all the press, but Howard was the glue that held them together.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

There is a problem with how good Dickinson is, he's not going to be here very long.

Comment

Yup. He seems like a one-and-done.

Is this a "free eligibility" year? If so, I wonder if Brooks, Brown, Davis, and/or Smith will be back next year. It would be nice to not be completely rebuilding.

Comment

Yeah, everyone gets an added year of eligibility was the plan.

Comment

Michigan has replaced NC State with Toledo for Wednesday. At least there's an opportunity to watch them play.

Comment

Slightly surprised M isn't ranked in the top 25. Must be because of the Oakland game.

It's early, but slightly disappointed in Wagner. Thought he was averaging double figures. Granted, Wagner's 3 point shot isn't there yet. That can change.
                The depth of this M team is better than expected as an early season positive.

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                There is a problem with how good Dickinson is, he's not going to be here very long. ​​
                Maybe.
                I think anyone with a 1st RD draft grade should leave college without question. Set for life.
                Don't see Dickinson in 2021 NBA mock drafts yet. Maybe he isn't that high on the NBA draft radar right now because he needs to develop a 3 point shot / doesn't have elite athleticism. Draft projections can change drastically by March...
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Is there any chance that Dickinson sticks around for a second year? He is 20 if I'm not mistaken, and he already looks as polished as guys we have seen in the program for 4 years.

I'll be shocked if he comes back. It's "win now" time. Hopefully all of the turnover and new faces congeals into good chemistry by March.

Comment

I don't think its a given that Dickinson is a one and done. Right now he's not projected in the first round, so leaving wouldn't get him huge money at this point. But, a strong 2nd season could make him a lottery pick. That could bring him back for year 2. The Big Ten season will decide a lot.

Comment

When was the last time that those projections were updated? And what the heck else would the guy have to do to be a first rounder?

OK maybe I'm overreacting based on performance against crappy competition, but the kid really looks both physically gifted but abnormally polished for a freshman big.

Comment

I'd like to wait till he plays B1G centers, but I don't see Dickinson having a sophomore season unless he loves college.

Comment

Yeah, when he goes up against some of the better talent in the B1G, we'll see what he's really made of. He may have good size, but he's going to run into guys every game, that can move him around just about any way they want. If he shows up well in those games, then his NBA stock will go up, and make it more likely that he will leave after this season. If he plays like a true freshman, then we may get to have him back for another year.

Comment

I don't think Dickinson is elite on defense or has the athletic profile to be labeled a "high potential NBA prospect." It's early to say, but his ceiling might be a late 1st RD pick. No three point shot in today's NBA game = red flag.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

That would be good news for us.

Comment

Michigan beat Toledo tonight at Crisler Center 91-71.

Hunter Dickinson led Michigan scorers with 18 points. He also added 7 rebounds and 4 blocks. This kid can play.

Michigan shot 57.6% from the field (34-for-59) and 56.3% from 3-point range (9-for-16). Sophomore wing Franz Wagner added 14 points and senior guard Eli Brooks scored 12.

Austin Davis added 12 points but went down with a leg injury in the 2nd half. He was walking, but limping as he left the court after the game.

Michigan begins Big Ten competition on Sunday when Penn State comes to town.

Stats courtesy of the Detroit News

Comment

Working...
                                X