Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting for the other shoe to dop.

Comment

• The game next Tuesday against Wisconsin will be a good indicator of how good the team really is. They've looked great lately but the schedule hasn't been the toughest. We're 5-0 in conference with 14 games left (PSU this Saturday got Covid'd). Play .500 the rest of the year and that's 12-7 in the best conference in the country. Beat Wisconsin next week and that probably gets us closer to 13-6, maybe 14-5? Before I get too excited I need to see more of the other teams in our conference and I just haven't watched much bball outside of Michigan.

Comment

• Agree Wisconsin will be a good barometer of where the team really is. The Badgers are one team that can get equally physical with Michigan.

Someone mentioned earlier that big men that want to be coached up for the NBA need to head to Michigan and be coached by Howard. That may turn out to be true. Howard seems to be a believer in having big bodies that dominate under the basket. I noticed last night that Minnesota was getting only one shot, and if they didn't make it, they didn't get the rebound either.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Badgers will be a great test, they have a chance of slowing down Dickinson and play really good team defense.

Comment

• Watched the end of the Indiana vs Wisconsin game... first time watching Wisconsin this season. They look like classic Wisconsin... similar to their team last season. It’s going to be a tough game, but certainly winnable.
            I imagine it will come down to the last 5 minutes of the game. Stopping PG D’Mitrik Trice is going to be the key. If M perhaps has Chaundee Brown on the court to defend Trice at the end of the game ... that would be big. Love how Brown defended Carr in the Minnesota game. Reuvers vs Dickinson will be fun. If Dickinson puts up 20 in the Wisconsin game with Reuvers on him... that will be satisfying. Of course Wisconsin has deucebag Brad Davison and a couple wings that can knock down the 3.

Going to be a fun top 10 matchup!
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The thing to watch there is that Wisconsin matches up with Michigan very well. It can exploit the two weaknesses of Michigan's defense -- they struggle to guard 3s, and Dickenson is not a mobile big who can guard the perimeter. Wisconsin has two bigs who can shoot from 3, and one of the weaknesses of their team is that most of the time they can play only one of them at a time. If they can play 2 of them at a time, they can guarantee that Dickenson will spend his time on defense away from the basket, and that's trouble. Michigan will have to make them pay for that on offense by doing the same thing to one of those bigs, or hope that neither of them have a hot streak that day. Or that Brandon Johns has a career day.

It could be an unusually high-scoring game compared to what happens when these teams usually play.

Comment

• Probably time to start getting excited.

Comment

• Hire Howard as the football coach...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Destroying Wisconsin right now

Comment

• Really? Thanks Mister Obvious...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Your Welcome

Comment

• Damn 62-26

Comment

• Michigan on a 41-6 run against #9 Wisconsin. Holy hell these guys are fucking good.

Comment

• Holy shit! That was a clinic
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lead was as high as 40 points. Dominated. Reminiscent of the Battle 4 Atlantis last season.

Give M a top 3 ranking!
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X