Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Probably time to start getting excited.
    Man, I'd love to jump in with both feet right now but the football team has burned us so many times in the last 20 years, I'm afraid to do so.

For a Captain Obvious moment, this was totally unexpected. These guys have come from nowhere to be one of the best teams in the country.

Great job.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They are just playing out of their minds right now. Really, really good basketball team with strengths everywhere. Can play from the post, can shoot it well, great ball movement and unselfishness, outstanding effort and length on defense. Just total, complete team basketball.

This is as impressive of a stretch as I've seen from Michigan basketball in a while. In fact maybe ever. They've been totally dominant.

They just became the first NCAA team in history to beat three consecutive ranked teams by 19 or more in each game, btw.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

These guys have come from nowhere to be one of the best teams in the country.
        Agreed, Liney. This year, going in I was just hoping for a NCAA tournament bid and a win or two in the tourney. Maybe like a 6 or 7 seed. At best.

Right now they look like a legitimate 1 seed.

It's still early obviously and there's still a LONG way to go -- but right now they look like a team on a mission.
        Last edited by Niffla; January 12, 2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• The story of the game has to be the balanced scoring for Michigan. It wasn't just one guy. Mike Smith led Michigan scorers with 16 points, but Wagner had 15 and chipped in 10 rebounds, all on the defensive side. Livers had 13, Dickenson had 12. Chaundee Brown chipped in 7 off the bench. Eli Brooks had 5 points and 5 rebounds.

Michigan shot 4-4 from the charity stripe (didn't get to the line much!) and shot 51.6 from the field. They shot 56% from beyond the arc. That's not bad.

Next up is a return matchup with Minnesota in Bloomington.

Comment

• Looking at the box score, it looks like what really hurt Wisconsin was their 3 point shooting. They took 28 shots from beyond the arc and only made 9.

Their FG shooting was 20-65 for 31% from the field. Not a good shooting night for the Badgers.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the depth. They got some pretty nice depth on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                Looking at the box score, it looks like what really hurt Wisconsin was their 3 point shooting. They took 28 shots from beyond the arc and only made 9.
                Yeah don't get me wrong, because Michigan was fantastic defensively -- at times it looked like we were playing 6 on 5...but Wisconsin also missed a good share of open looks from three also.

Comment

• Looks like either the zebras let both teams play, or both teams played very well as far as fouls are concerned. Michigan only had 9 total fouls for the entire game, and Wisconsin only had 6.

but Wisconsin also missed a good share of open looks from three also.
                  Yeah, I'm sure that percentage will be better when they have the return meeting in Madison, but I'm fine with them shooting poorly in Ann Arbor. Got to protect the home court. Something the football team seems to have abandoned.

Last edited by lineygoblue; January 12, 2021, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Per ESPN, they are the first team in NCAA history to win three in a row against ranked teams by 19+

Comment

• Wisky was definitely crap from behind the arc. If they had a respectable night there, they might have kept it wiithj 15, at best.

Comment

• Dare I proclaim...

HOWARD!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It’s crazy how much better the basketball program has been compared to football over the last decade. A seemingly ho-hum Tuesday night win for the bball team would translate to the best win of the Harbaugh era.

The defensive aggressiveness was outstanding tonight. I think we had 7 blocks in the first half. Wagner and Brown both created a lot of problems for Wisconsin.

Comment

• ...all we have is volleyball...

...walks away in shame...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              It’s crazy how much better the basketball program has been compared to football over the last decade. A seemingly ho-hum Tuesday night win for the bball team would translate to the best win of the Harbaugh era.

The defensive aggressiveness was outstanding tonight. I think we had 7 blocks in the first half. Wagner and Brown both created a lot of problems for Wisconsin.
                              Michigan football pretty much died when Lloyd Carr retired ... around the same time John Beilein was hired. Beilein transformed Michigan basketball into greatness. Juwan is carrying the baton while putting his spin on it.

The M defense is what’s most impressive. Coach Yak’s defensive culture still lives on.

M is ranked #4 on Kenpom now. Iowa still ahead... it’s too bad Iowa and M don’t play until March 3rd.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• "You are not going to come into the Big Ten and win basketball games" - Mike Valenti

Comment

Working...
                                X