Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actual Big Ten Football for 2020! Discuss....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if this does become a shitshow...but the other conferences complete their seasons and have a CFP...whoa nelly...gonna be fun...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That’s a good point. WTF? Who’s logged in as “The Wizard”?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Need you ask? ‘‘Tis The Prophet

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            100%.

21-day quarantine? Cancel all activities if you’re over 5% positive? Lol.

I thought the daily testing and immediate results meant you could be very secure in knowing you weren’t playing guys with covid. And that was the key. Guess not.

It’s a fucking shitshow.
            Correct on the 21d quarantine and this seems at first glance too long. OTH, these are athletes training and playing at maximum effort. These aren't average folks sitting at desks. For them 10-14d (depending) makes sense. The NBA had a 14d quarantine at a minimum that couldn't be lifted until two negative tests. The CDC has removed the requirement for testing before discharge of COVID + patients from the hospital. I couldn't find if the NBA has dropped the requirement for negative post infection testing - lots of problems with false positive which is why the CDC dropped it. Anyway, the 21d requirement seems excessive to me but from a medical standpoint - do no harm - its not unreasonable.

Before football activities are cancelled, I read the color coding thing that not only does team positivity rate have to be > 5% but community spread has to be greater than 7%. I don't know what Washtenaw Co's positivity rate is (Liney?). MI's is 2.95% and has been steady in that range for months. If JH can be believed, he reported two weeks ago that no team member had tested + for COVID. I'm pretty sure M's football players and staff that interact with them are about as close to being bubbled as is possible and if there have been no COVID cases that would indicate the players and staff are sequestered at some level.

Of course, it depends on by what means and how well BT football programs are mitigating the virus. If there is any laxity and there probably was at LSU, for example, or like happened in baseball during the first few weeks with a few bubble breakers infecting other players, practice and games won't last. So, your boys will have to pay attention and play by the rules......not a strong suit of osu football players. Speaking of which, I was at a dockside restaurant in Fort Lauderdale early this evening - we dine early to avoid crowds. Around 5pm. a group of 6 rather drunk folks donned in osu gear showed up. They all had masks ..... around their beards and necks, flagrantly not covering nose or mouth. Tables in the outdoor dining area were all spaced correctly and these dumbasses were walking around, drinks and beer cans in hand among the tables including ours laughing and talking loudly. We donned our masks and left. Fucking osu.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff there is a site somewhere that I can't find right now, where you can find the county by county stats on Covid for Michigan. Last I knew, Wayne County (Detroit) and surrounding areas still have the highest percentages of positive tests, but the death rates have dropped dramatically. The most recent surge in new cases was Kent County (Grand Rapids) and other points west in the state. The upper part of the lower peninsula (north of Clare) and the UP are still fairly low percentages.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Big Ten is releasing the football schedule at 10:00 am on Big Noon Kickoff.

Comment

• Michigan opens up at Minnesota on 10/24.

Comment

• Michigan's "new" 2020 schedule.

Oct. 24: at Minnesota

Oct. 31: vs. Michigan State

Nov. 7: at Indiana

Nov. 14: vs. Wisconsin

Nov. 21: at Rutgers

Nov. 28: vs. Penn State

Dec. 5: vs Maryland

Dec. 12: at Ohio State

Dec. 19: TBA crossover

-----

I still think they should have put M vs OSU earlier on the schedule, but I guess there are too many "traditionalists" among the schedule makers.
                    Last edited by lineygoblue; September 19, 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• First impressions of the schedule...

At Minnesota - Starting off with a real trap game. I see a Gopher win here. They want the Jug back.

vs MSU -- Michigan probably handles Sparty at home. Game is being played on Halloween. The symbolism is apt.

At Indiana -- The Hoosiers have played Michigan tough for the last 5-6 years. Another trap game. Toss up.

vs Wisconsin - I think the Badgers are the best of the Big Ten West. Probably a loss here

At Rutgers -- Schiano will probably make things tougher than expected, but Michigan's personnel are just better. Likely win.

vs Penn State -- I think James Franklin finally gets a win at Michigan Stadium. PSU win.

vs Maryland -- Terps are still rebuilding. A close Michigan win

at OSU -- OSU could start its 3rd and 4th string, and still beat M. The soft spot on OSU's schedule continues.

Crossover - M will finish no better than 3rd in the Big Ten East, so they'll likely be matched up against Iowa or Nebraska.. At Iowa is a guaranteed loss. At home vs Iowa is closer. The same could be said in a match up with Nebraska.

These predictions are based on Michigan keeping most of its top players. The more top players that are on the shelf, the more losses will ensue.

Last edited by lineygoblue; September 19, 2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• OSU

Nebraska
                        at Penn State
                        Rutgers
                        at Maryland
                        Indiana
                        at Illinois
                        at Michigan State
                        Michigan

This seems like kind of a cinch to win the East so long as they handle things Week 2. Michigan def has a much tougher road getting the 2 best teams in the West plus US naturally

Comment

• If M is lucky, they will be 6-1 heading into "the game."

@ Minnesota, vs Wisconsin, and vs Penn State all seem like they can go anyway.
                          Very worried about Minnesota week 1. Home field advantage shouldn't matter that much in 2020, but they return a lot of starters and it will be cold. If they make it a night game, M is screwed.

I'll give M the crossover win and say they go 7-2 in the regular season. THATS an optimistic prediction. If M misses with Milton at QB, ruh roh.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• There's nothing on OSU's schedule that they need be concerned about.

If this were a normal season, where OSU had to go into HV with 100K+ fans in the stands, at night, then MAYBE the Nits would pose a small threat. But with virtually no fans in the stands, any edge that they'd have will be nonexistent. OSU might be challenged a bit early on, but will cruise late. I'd take OSU to cover 21 right now.

Nothing else on the schedule will challenge them. Their in-season crossovers (Nebraska, Illinois) will be no problem. (Sorry, Wiz)

Wisconsin could make them work up an actual sweat in the CCG, but they don't have the personnel to hang with them for a whole game.

OSU definitely to the playoffs, much to the chagrin of the SEC, who wants 2 in the field. They may still get it anyway if ND craps out.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              Michigan's "new" 2020 schedule.

Oct. 24: at Minnesota

Oct. 31: vs. Michigan State

Nov. 7: at Indiana

Nov. 14: vs. Wisconsin

Nov. 21: at Rutgers

Nov. 28: vs. Penn State

Dec. 5: vs Maryland

Dec. 12: at Ohio State

Dec. 19: TBA crossover

-----

I still think they should have put M vs OSU earlier on the schedule, but I guess there are too many "traditionalists" among the schedule makers.
                              Very favorable schedule. No excuses there to not at least go 7-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X