No announcement yet.

Michigan 31 Wisconsin (10)....17 - Post Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or maybe, just maybe, Harbaugh has evaluated the QBs correctly and is starting the best player.

I mean, come on, guys, you are 5-0, fresh off of bludgeoning Wisconsin in Madison and you numbskulls are clamoring for him to bench the starter (on a team that has yet to trail for a single second this year) and start the back-up.

You guys are the most Alabama fanbase out there - even moreso than Alabama, tbh.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• If it is inevitable that somewhere down the line McCarthy is determined to be best and will win the role he may not be starting now because he is not currently ready for prime time and needs to be brought around slowly as opposed to sending him in full throttle now, having him fail, and busting his psyche.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Harbaugh did pick Joe Milton over Cade McNamara in 2020... wrong pick at QB last season!

There is still time for McCarthy to take over the job this season.
        Look at Harbaugh with the 49ers. Alex Smith was playing fine. Harbaugh made the decision to go with the more talented Colin Kaepernick and they made the Super Bowl.

It isn't like I don't like McNamara. He is playing pretty well. At the same time, I don't want to lose JJ McCarthy through the transfer portal.
        Both are true! I want my cake and to eat it too.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It takes time to bring on underclassmen. Look at some of the QBs Jake Coker and Blake Sims beat out at Bama. It’s not that Saban evaluated the understudies incorrectly (even though more talented underclassmen were waiting in the wings), it’s that the understudies just weren’t ready at that point of the season and those underclassmen could be eaten alive thrown in the lion’s den too early.

Trust the Process. You guys have a very good team in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• I can see a possibility where Michigan finishes really strong. IF FPI is right.....Michigan is 11-0 coming into the game and Cade has played as well as he currently is (or better). Then with a couple good showings against OSU and bowl opponent, I could see Cade getting some QB draft love being one of the top 5 QBs coming out. That would be hard for him to pass up for another year with Michigan.

Then you have JJ McCarthy who is ready to step into the starting job.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Few thoughts on that because I'm openly looking for NFL quality QBs in college this season with the Detroit Lions QB situation.
              McNamara will have to step it up in the 2nd half of the season if he is going to be drafted. McNamara certainly could take it to the next level... we'll see.

McNamara Pros:
              - Decision making and awareness. McNamara can quickly read the defense and make a decision. This was a big issue with Joe Milton last season.
              - Pocket presence. Crafty in the pocket. We saw some of this vs Wisconsin yesterday.
              - Deep ball accuracy. If a WR is open deep, McNamara has hit those WRs more often than not. Can't take this for granted with how many deep balls have been overthrown since Henne's last season at M.

McNamara Cons:
              - Athleticism and arm strength. Seems to be subpar here. There is a reason M brought in McCarthy for QB read situations. McNamara doesn't have the juice to create with his legs outside of the pocket. I don't think his arm strength is anything special.
              - Production. Part of this is the scheme. Part of this is on the WRs. The actual production is lacking, but how much can you blame McNamara? That's the question.
              - Ability to create on his own. The difference of McNamara vs McCarthy. McCarthy has created a couple "WOW PLAYS" on his own. The play everyone knows about on week 1. The throw to Baldwin yesterday. There's something special with how McCarthy can do that. McNamara can't.

I think Cade McNamara is doing well. Nothing wrong with his play so far this season. He is playing like Speight in 2016 (pre-shoulder injury), but with better deep ball accuracy. If the M WRs continue to grow, maybe the passing offense gets better as the season goes on. Roman Wilson for example had a very nice game yesterday. Keep it going.
              The NFL Draft? I don't think McNamara would be drafted right now***, but it can change if he continues to play better.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Zero worry about McNamara leaving for the NFL.

Comment

• Michigan won't go into Thanksgiving weekend with just one loss.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Zero is definitely not “just one”
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If they can go into Thanksgiving weekend with ZERO losses, I'd be one of the happiest M fans on the planet.

It's just not happening. Nope. I'll still consider it an over achievement if they go into that weekend with just 3 losses.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                      X