No announcement yet.

Michigan 21, Penn State 17 - Post Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm enjoying this season. Its much better than I expected, and yesterday's win was probably as close to a signature win as any Harbaugh has had. But make no mistake, it wasn't Harbaugh's coaching prowess that won the game yesterday. It was the effort of the kids. That's where its been all season long, and any future success will come from player effort more than coaching.

I agree, if Michigan finds a way to win out, (along with an OSU win over MSU) then M is in the playoffs. Even Howard Finebaum would have trouble excluding Michigan in that situation. It does get interesting if MSU beats OSU, and then M beats OSU. That's a highly unlikely scenario, but I suppose if "crazy" takes over CFB this year, that would be the craziest. That means MSU would play in the CCG, and M would be sitting at home with a 11-1 record, .. and the Big Ten would have egg on their faces because they've admitted that they made officiating errors in the M vs MSU game. So, does 'conference champion" MSU at 12-1 AND M at 11-1 BOTH go to the playoffs? Would the playoff committee really want MSU over M? If so, how do they justify leaving out a CCG winner that has a win over the team they really want?

Talk about chaos.

Its all going to get sorted out, but there are some wild scenarios out there that are still mathmatically possible.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Keep in playing the hits! The refs are out to get you.

Comment

• 1) If M beats Ohio State
        Stop right there!

Comment

• ha ha ha!

FEIyLPmX0AYcg5d?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• You'll still have to beat a resurging Wisconsin by the way...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wings -- Franklin has never had any class at all. He's all emotion and showtime. He's great with the press and especially the cameras if his team wins. If he loses he whines like a little baby. If he's such a "great" coach, he'd show dignity and class after a tough loss. No way with that nimrod. I hope USC foolishly hires him.

And for all the rest .. I'm not leaning toward any optimism with M v OSU. First, there's the matter of Maryland, which is not a tomato can. Second, OSU is the best team in the conference, (proven), and M would need its best full team performance since 1969 to knock them off. I'd give that a <2% chance of happening. But, 10-2 and a NYD bowl is a nice turnaround from a 2-6 laughingstock.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hope that Franklin stays at PSU. He may have a B1G championship under his belt, but on the whole, PSU is well below what they could be. I'd much rather have PSU where they are now instead of where they might end up with a guy like Fickell. They still have first dibs on all of New England and Pennsylvania kids, plus great access to the Tidewater area and Ohio. Their tradition and alumni base are Grade A+. PSU should be as powerful as OSU or maybe just a notch below.

Comment

• I don't think PSU is all that of a program. Franklin has them right around where they have been since they got into the Big Ten. It has a good tradition but it is a pain in the ass to get to, that cannot help recruiting.

Comment

• Penn State is fine other than some really terrible OL play which is probably why their QB was injured in one of their losses and missed the game the next week, another loss. OL usually is their achilles.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I don't think PSU is all that of a program. Franklin has them right around where they have been since they got into the Big Ten. It has a good tradition but it is a pain in the ass to get to, that cannot help recruiting.
                      It may be a pain in the ass to get to, but 100,000 screaming fans find a way to do it every home game, as best I can tell. Penn State is a sleeping dog. Under JoePa they were able to pull in Top 5 classes. They are underachieving under Franklin. Other than Trace McSorley, their QB play has been unimpressive and so has their OL play.

Comment

• As long as OSU is running in tip top shape, Penn State's ceiling is right where Franklin has them.

Comment

Working...
                        X