No announcement yet.

Michigan 59, Maryland 18 -- Enjoying the Last Win of the Season Postgame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards is a playmaker that needs to be on the field, ditto Anthony.

Comment

• I think Corum would be excellent in the slot. He can run the jet sweep, as well as run pass patterns. He's one of those guys who are the definition of speed in space.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd pump the brakes on the enthusiasm. Edwards had a great game but like Stroud's performance against MSU (#139 pass D) launching Heisman talk, M sprung Edwards as a receiver against Maryland's #97 D.

He should be a piece of M's offensive game plan for OSU but not the central player in it.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Stroud was the slight betting favorite going into the game against Sparty. His first half against Sparty gave him a boost, but, again, his entire season up to that game has been, you know, not bad.

Sparty's overall defense is way better than Maryland's (or was) on a yards per play basis (it's closer now 5.6 vs 5.9, and Sparty had to play Purdue, which is pretty much the only big yards offense in the West). Stroud and Ohio State obliterated Maryland's shitting defense, too. Not that you were paying attention at all off on your cruise. Ohio State scored TDs on their first 8 drives. All but 1 was over 60 yards. The only differenve was that Maryland's offense strung together two longer drives so Ohio State only had the ball for 5 real possessions in the first half. So, it was only 35-10 at halftime instead of 49-0. I think it was 56-10 in the 3rd when OSU went full-on 2nd team.

He struggled against Tulsa -- easily his worst game. He was also just ok against Penn State and UNL, though Garett Wilson didn't play against UNL.
          Last edited by iam416; November 23, 2021, 08:21 AM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think the point is to put all of M's playmakers on the field at the same time, most of the time. Just like osu will put their 3 super stud WRs out there at the same time. That makes it crazy hard to defend against. Fight fire with fire.

Hello Harbaugh....
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• M has too many great RBs.

First world problems.

Comment

• M has the best group of RB's that they've had in quite a while.

But, they'll need to throw effectively to break anyone loose. "Bo ball" isn't going to work. I'd bet Jeff's next cruise on that.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• shaddup
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Stroud was the slight betting favorite going into the game against Sparty. His first half against Sparty gave him a boost, but, again, his entire season up to that game has been, you know, not bad.

Sparty's overall defense is way better than Maryland's (or was) on a yards per play basis (it's closer now 5.6 vs 5.9, and Sparty had to play Purdue, which is pretty much the only big yards offense in the West). Stroud and Ohio State obliterated Maryland's shitting defense, too. Not that you were paying attention at all off on your cruise. Ohio State scored TDs on their first 8 drives. All but 1 was over 60 yards. The only differenve was that Maryland's offense strung together two longer drives so Ohio State only had the ball for 5 real possessions in the first half. So, it was only 35-10 at halftime instead of 49-0. I think it was 56-10 in the 3rd when OSU went full-on 2nd team.

He struggled against Tulsa -- easily his worst game. He was also just ok against Penn State and UNL, though Garett Wilson didn't play against UNL.
                    Hatbaugh needs to get that blue print from Tulsa on how to shut down that pesky Buckeye passing game. Maybe it was just Stroud having a bad day.

Comment

• I've tried to block that game out. Tulsa's QB made some great throws. Stroud struggled. It was awful. However, one answer may have been Tulsa didn't give a fuck about stopping the run. I think Henderson had like 280 yards on 25 carries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        I'd pump the brakes on the enthusiasm. Edwards had a great game but like Stroud's performance against MSU (#139 pass D) launching Heisman talk, M sprung Edwards as a receiver against Maryland's #97 D.

He should be a piece of M's offensive game plan for OSU but not the central player in it.
                        I don't think anybody said that he should be the central player in the game plan. Just that he should be genuinely involved in some way, shape or form. Obviously Haskins and Corum (assuming he suits up) will get the bulk of the touches at RB, but Edwards should get some touches. Find a way to get him a few opportunities, whether it be on straight handoffs or getting him some more looks catching the football. Yes I realize that Maryland is not good at all defensively, but regardless of that, Edwards is a legitimate weapon. And Michigan will need every weapon at their disposal that they can use on Saturday.
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                        X