No announcement yet.

Good, bad, ugly the Harbaugh edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On this call, the refs didn't lose their shit and penalize both teams as off-setting or eject players. The right guy and the right team took the penalty.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Liney ...... you give to much credit to Bo's and Woody's teams. I think there was a lot more overlooked dirty play in that era than there is now. The FOX producers knitted together a pretty good piece that reflected the "intensity" this particular game produces. The Woodson fight where he got punched tore off his helmet and went after the guy that punched him is a classic Dong punching and eye gouging in the pile is legendary.

I thought this might have been the best reffed BT game I saw this season. No question, they let the players play.
      Yeah, TV coverage was pretty sparse back then. Woody tossing yard markers was a classic though.

Comment

I thought this might have been the best reffed BT game I saw this season. No question, they let the players play.
        Yeah, I only saw two calls that I thought were weak, one on each team. None of the flags were game-changing. That's the way it should be. I think the OSU guy was a deep side judge, and I believe he's the one that threw a PI flag in the 4th right in front of Michigan's bench. I felt that call was weak, but I still despise that guy and his buddies for the crap they pulled in the Barrett/short LTG call. He was a wing official in that one.

Overall, a decent called game, and I think it may be the first time in the series where a female official worked the game. She was the "C". Good for her. No problem here with female officials as long as they have to meet the same requirements as the guys.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I thought the officials did ok. The USC could have been called on both but was ok the way it was. It's usually the retaliation that gets caught...that's what happened. No problem there. They definitely missed a DPI on M once but the ball was caught so no harm. The officiating had no impact on the outcome...just as it normally does not 99.99% of the time. Officiating can always be better but this crew did a nice job in a big environment.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            I thought the officials did ok. The USC could have been called on both but was ok the way it was. It's usually the retaliation that gets caught...that's what happened. No problem there. They definitely missed a DPI on M once but the ball was caught so no harm. The officiating had no impact on the outcome...just as it normally does not 99.99% of the time. Officiating can always be better but this crew did a nice job in a big environment.
            Stop being so nice. You're ruining your reputation.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

STFU twatwaffle
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
              X