Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...he'll get a fifth ! from me if he goes NFL...

HARBAUGH!!!!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

..........I think there's legs to this rumor. I posted about the possibility that he'd leave right after the OB loss he'd given the kind of rumored treatment he got, specifically from several regents, after the 2019 and 20 seasons. Calls for his firing from a host of deep pocketed donors were legion. After M beat Iowa for the CCG, John Harbaugh, when he was asked how his brother felt about winning the BT, he responded, Jim won't say this but I'll say it for him, in your face. That should give us a clue about the talk in the Harbaugh family about how Jim perceived, rightly or wrongly, he was treated while he was tenuously holding down the HC chair.

Having said that, I too don't think he'll bolt but I think the chance he does is quite a bit larger than Liney's <1% estimate. If he does leave, it won't be about the money. It will be becasue he's pissed. He has a huge amount of leverage right now and it is within the kind of quirky character we know he has to give the middle finger to a host of important M people who doubted him and his ability to win. He is a winner and I have no doubt he's mightily pissed off about whatever went down behind closed doors with those that had a say in want amounted to a pretty big demotion. Winners like HARBAUGH!!! is don't to lightly to that kind of dissing.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I'll stick my neck out and say that Harbaugh will absolutely use the 2021 season results to leverage his way to better job security. His Michigan tenure was hanging by a thread, and he probably doesn't like the idea that he was so vulnerable after averaging 10 wins per season. I think he wants to stay, but I definitely won't put it past him to use the NFL coaching merry-go-round as leverage to get some guarantees in writing to solidify his standing as HC. In a nutshell, he's going to make it tougher to fire him.

I think the deciders need to swallow their pride and (re) pay the man. I sincerely believe he wants to finish his coaching career at Michigan, but that middle finger thing is also a reality. He doesn't want that kind of second-guessing again.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Who is available if he goes? For me, last year doesn't erase the memory of the previous years. If there are good candidates out there, I'm open minded.

Comment

Urban Meyer is available.

In other news, the cherry picking has begun. DL Coach Shaun Nua to USC.

Its kind of ironic how things can change in one season. Last year at this time, most of these coaches, including Harbaugh, were wondering if they'd be working at Michigan in 2021. Today, Lincoln Riley wants Michigan's DL coach to join him at USC.

And I doubt that will be the end.
            Last edited by lineygoblue; January 5, 2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I call bullshit on all of it.

Comment

The Nua to USC thing has legs. An announcement is expected later today.

Comment

I call bullshit on Harbaugh leaving. Shaun Nua sounds feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                    Who is available if he goes? For me, last year doesn't erase the memory of the previous years. If there are good candidates out there, I'm open minded.
                    I can't think of any off hand. Worse, if Harbaugh bolts, we'll see a repeat of the cluster fuck we experienced when Bill Martin, from his sailboat in the USVI, delivered Rich Rod to M and after he was fried, Dave Brandon brought Brady Hoke to us along with towel cannons and rawk music to the game experience. Fuck that. If Harbaugh leaves, M is doomed to an immediate fall from being competitive again.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

The only thing is that HARBAUGH!!!! was treated fairly. His 2020 team...his Year 6 team...was fucking awful. Covid saved him in that sense that we never saw how truly bad it was and gave him a plausible excuse. But, that was a baaad team.

If I were a M fan, I'd be more in the camp of wanting to see another great year before getting back all-in on HARBAUGH!!!!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        I call bullshit on all of it.
                        Agreed. Most likely outcome is this is leverage stuff. Sam Webb's talked in the past about how we should not expect Michigan to be an early adapter with NIL, but that they'll get there eventually. Early returns show Michigan is turning up its nose at things that are now allowed. Or, at least, not clearly disallowed. If the twitter talk is legit, then seemingly what Harbaugh wants is to use this leverage to speed up the process of embracing NIL.

That said, if he doesn't get what he wants, why not go to the NFL? Leave with head held high instead of staying and fighting with one arm tied behind your back. Why try to compete in a place where your bosses don't really and truly want you to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I can't think of any off hand. Worse, if Harbaugh bolts, we'll see a repeat of the cluster fuck we experienced when Bill Martin, from his sailboat in the USVI, delivered Rich Rod to M and after he was fried, Dave Brandon brought Brady Hoke to us along with towel cannons and rawk music to the game experience. Fuck that. If Harbaugh leaves, M is doomed to an immediate fall from being competitive again.
                          Yeah, on second thought, I agree. The least-competent Michigan is the Michigan conducting a coaching search. They even managed to make getting Harbaugh look like it was a hard thing to do when in truth it was the exact opposite.

Comment

I do think HARBAUGH!!!! to the NFL is a real possibility. He's coached in the NFL before and had success. He's a prick but not a stupid prick like Urbs...just prickish enough to make it work. If I was HARBAUGH!!!! I'd milk the living shit out of 2021 with the A2 administration. Test the fucking waters.

I still think he's a fucking prick though.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post

Agreed. Most likely outcome is this is leverage stuff. Sam Webb's talked in the past about how we should not expect Michigan to be an early adapter with NIL, but that they'll get there eventually. Early returns show Michigan is turning up its nose at things that are now allowed. Or, at least, not clearly disallowed. If the twitter talk is legit, then seemingly what Harbaugh wants is to use this leverage to speed up the process of embracing NIL.

That said, if he doesn't get what he wants, why not go to the NFL? Leave with head held high instead of staying and fighting with one arm tied behind your back. Why try to compete in a place where your bosses don't really and truly want you to?
                              I think that I might even call BS on the leverage. I don’t think that he’s talking to any NFL teams. I could be wrong but I don’t think that donating your bonus money to employees of your university is the action of a disgruntled guy.

Comment

Did I mention he's a fucking prick?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X