Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to see if I can be a guest official for that game. If I can't do that I'll lobby to be in the review booth. If that doesn't happen I'll sit behind the M bench and heckle HARBAUGH!!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I went to a Nebraska football game in Ann Arbor once and had an AWESOME time. So I definitely recommend it.

Comment

• I take it it wasn't the game where Mary Sue Coleman also had an awesome time?

Comment

• Negatory, Ghost Rider.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            How much are good seats for the UNL game going for? Thinking of coming up with Missus Wiz...

Depends. If UNL is decent you may have to pay close to face value for the tix. If Frost is on his Death March, then you can almost assuredly find a deal on stubhub. Right now endzone and corners are reasonable but sidelines are at finance-my-whole-season-ticket pricing. Wait until after UNL's loss to Georgia Southern to start shopping.
            I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• WolverinefaninMaine:

Some may disagree, but I think your best bet as far as buying tickets is to get them directly from U-M if they put them up for sale. Stubhub gets their 'cut' when they sell you tickets, but UM will still sell them to you at face value.

Don't get duped into buying Student tickets with a "stamp" that allows anyone to buy them. Lots of people get scammed that way. Buy tickets anywhere but in the student area.

As we get closer to the game day, you can decide where you'd like to park. When those of us here get together, we usually meet in a small lot up on Scio Church Road where a very nice man and his wife (Doug and Teri) very graciously allow us to join their pre and post game celebrations. You can meet people from this forum there, and I think the parking fee is about $30. Its about a 25 minute walk if you walk like Doug and Jeff, and about 35 minutes for a short legged stout fellow like me.

You could also buy tickets from a scalper outside the stadium. The closer you get to kickoff, the more the price comes down. I've heard of some getting $90 tickets for about $20 for the non-conference games. They take a beating as kickoff approaches. But, you don't have much choice as to where you sit.

If you've never been to a game before, that first visit is awesome. The pregame festivities, the Flying M with the band, .. its all great stuff. You'll have a great time. Hopefully, Harbaugh will have the guys ready to play.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                WolverinefaninMaine:

Some may disagree, but I think your best bet as far as buying tickets is to get them directly from U-M if they put them up for sale. Stubhub gets their 'cut' when they sell you tickets, but UM will still sell them to you at face value.
                I'll beg to differ with that assessment. Buying directly from the Athletic department only makes sense for the big games. UConn looks to be that annual "take your kids to see tomato cans" game, where a lot of season ticket holders decide to tailgate/watch at home, and the aftermarket likely to be flooded with tickets. Even with stubhub fees (of which the UM gets kickbacks), you should find a good selection well below face value.

My $0.02 on seats: There aren't a lot of "bad" seats. This isn't Fenway with poles everywhere. Endzones tend to be cheaper, and there's just a tradeoff of being closer with less perspective or higher up with more perspective. The jumbotron usually fills in the blanks for you. We're in Section 9, row 78 which is about 4 rows up from the entrance ramps- it's easier in and out which works for us.

Comment

• I'd expect even the UConn game to be around $1000 for 2 decent tickets given that this is an opportunity to see a dominant CFP-title winning team play.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thanks for the further input guys!!!

Comment

• UConn tickets shouldn't be hard to come by. The whole non-conference schedule is crap this year which means the conference home games will carry added weight, especially with PSU, MSU, and Frosty coming to town.

Comment

• I can hear Carl Grapentine's voice now...."and welcoming Scott Frost in his final appearance at Michigan Stadium...."
                        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• CJ Carr (Lloyd's grandson) will attend Notre Dame. Officially announced yesterday.

It was "always Notre Dame" according to the younger Carr. Yes, pictures were taken with grandpa wearing a ND hat.

Comment

• Ouch.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• While Carr was an assistant to Schembechler, ND approached him about becoming their HC. He was going to go. When he told Schembechler, he reportedly said, "No, you're not!" Carr decided to stay at Michigan.

Carr has more of a soft spot toward the Irish than any other M coach has had. That his grandson would go there is not really a shock. His class has a lot of very good QB's that Michigan is still in on.

Comment

Working...
                                X