No announcement yet.

Michigan 56, Hawaii 10, Post Game Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Butt did a great job last night as color guy. Loved his commentary. He called out the pass to Donovan Edwards before the ball was snapped. Good eye for the game and identifying why plays do and don't work for the audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Cade didn't get JJ's first team OL, receivers. Not a fair comparison as he was playing with some 3rd stringers too... Not that I think the difference is that close between the two, but don't judge Cade too harshly for the OL issues when he was in.
      There's been plenty of speculation that JJ won the starting job in fall camp and that Harbaugh dreamed up a bit of a show so that it would appear Cade had a shot if he did the things Harbuahg outlined before the CSU game. JH knew all along he would be unlikely to measure up and the support he was given when he was under center v. Hawaii was part of JH's plan. Cade isn't a dummy. He probably instinctively knew that and that might explain his shitty performance.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If anyone has problems understanding the sarcasm in my Hawai'i "prediction", then your sarcasm detector needs to be dismantled and rebuilt.

In other words that can be understood by 93% of ohioans and other slackjaws, it wasn't serious.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• A couple of people on mgo remarked that Corum looks a step slower than last year. I noticed this last night. Especially on our first snap of the game. Last year Corum took plays like that to the house.
          Last edited by Hannibal; September 11, 2022, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Hmmm. I thought just the opposite. To me, his runs seem to be better. He's never been world class speed, but when he's in the 2nd level, he's a problem.

Comment

• Could be Mike Hart is coaching his clone.
              I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Speaking of Hart, I think I like what he said the other day about recruiting RB's. He said, "I don't recruit stars, I recruit good ball players".

That's probably a good idea. Anyone remember Derrick Green?

Comment

• In case you don't follow Gerdman, here's the link to his periodic Michigan Monday post:

https://buckeyehuddle.com/2022/09/12...le-contenders/

...... and here are the two best parts about beating up on a grossly over-matched Rainbow team:

I would call it a scrimmage, but you don’t pay UCLA $1.5 million in 2019 to cancel the home-and-home they had scheduled for 2022 and 2023, and then pay Hawai’i $1.9 million to replace them this year for a “scrimmage.”

This wasn’t a scrimmage. This was closer to rich people paying large sums of money to hunt humans.

What Does It All Mean?

It means that Michigan may finally have a quarterback that can’t be held back by Jim Harbaugh.

JJ McCarthy is one of the most mobile quarterbacks in the Big Ten and may have the biggest overall arm. Saturday was a great first start. Nearly perfect, actually. This weekend against UConn he’s going to face a better team but still not a good team.

When McCarthy does finally take the field against an opponent that can play defense, he may start out a little slowly just because the speed of the defense will be increased and he’ll have grown accustomed to the Junior Varsity level he’s been playing on so far. The good news for Michigan, however, is that McCarthy has the ability to catch up quickly and then speed by.

It also means that for the first time in a long time, I think this is a Michigan team that can do…something. And I say that realizing last year’s team made the playoffs.

Offensively, they are no longer limited by the quarterback. And prior to last season, they were limited by the QB and the offensive line.

This offense is now simply limited by what the coaches can implement. I’m not saying they can’t be stopped or that they are one of the nation’s best. I’m saying that these guys can do whatever the coaches can come up with, so it’s on the coaches to set their sights high.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Not wordy enough.

Revise and resubmit.

yer better than this JB...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That's a good take. I like Brian Cook's too.

I'm in. I'm sold. He's never going to throw an interception. He's going to average 15 yards an attempt. He is going to slip out of a sack by detaching one of his arms and regrow it at halftime. He's going to NYC next year. Hell, maybe this year. Whatever. Make an outlandish prediction. I endorse it. JJ McCarthy is going to make Nick Saban quit football. He's going to invent shoes. He's gonna make Pluto a planet again. It's all happening.

Comment

• Cook's imitation of some Michigan fans isn't an exaggeration. To some, he's the favorite for the Heisman. No others need apply.

They're insane, of course. But they exist.

Problem is, what are they going to do when McCarthy is actually challenged, and has a sub-par game?

Comment

• He won't, he's going to win the Heisman, 3 times...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I would call it a scrimmage, but you don’t pay UCLA $1.5 million in 2019 to cancel the home-and-home they had scheduled for 2022 and 2023, and then pay Hawai’i $1.9 million to replace them this year for a “scrimmage.”

This wasn’t a scrimmage. This was closer to rich people paying large sums of money to hunt humans.

That pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• The Todd Grantham debacle last year turned Hawaii from a run of the mill cupcake into an abjectly awful cupcake.

Comment

Working...
                              X