No announcement yet.

Michigan 59, UConn 0 -- postgame discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are, by far, the best team M will have played. But, they’re still total meh.

I’d guess line at low 30s. Depends a little on SMU battle.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Cade is OUT for "several weeks". Interpretation: Don't look for him to be available before November.

Its all McCarthy's show now. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder. Got to keep him upright.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

And who becomes the Forum behind JJ matters a lot now/
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Bowman would have to step in. Its not like he hasn't played much, threw for 1,602 yards in eight starts last season with TT

Comment

AJ Henning reminds me of Steve Breaston

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Bowman would have to step in. Its not like he hasn't played much, threw for 1,602 yards in eight starts last season with TT
              Including 600 in one game

Comment

Bowman can play, but if he wasn't good enough to beat out JJ and Cade, then there must be a reason he's down on the chart.

I hope we don't have to find out why.

Comment

Harbaugh hates improv. That simple. I've seen film on Bowman. He will work to make something happen when it's not going to happen. Outcome on those kinds of plays are usually bad.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Harbaugh hates improv. That simple. I've seen film on Bowman. He will work to make something happen when it's not going to happen. Outcome on those kinds of plays are usually bad.
                    John O'Korn

Shea Patterson

Joe Milton

Devin Gardner

... just to name a few

Comment

STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

John O'Korn

Shea Patterson

Joe Milton

Devin Gardnerper

... just to name a few
                        Does anyone think any of these M QBs that JH brought in improved under his tutelage as the "QB Whisperer?" I think the answer to that is no with the rejoinder that they all regressed. When you're trying to remake a QB's genetics that he's refined since he started playing youth FB and ran the typical HS spread offenses, the outcome is usually not good. Of those 4, Gardner was probably most in the mold of Kapernick. Good drop bass passer that was a run threat. None of them were in the mold of Andrew Luck.

I think I can make the argument that JH loved his drop back pro-style QBs and thought he could develop one of those that came to him with a spread offense background and was a run threat able to run his version of the read option. Square peg in a round hole in every one of those cases, IMO.

He probably has as close to his ideal QB as he has had at M in JJ McCarthy. Big, classic drop back guy with a cannon for an arm that was accurate coming out of HS on the deep ball, has legs and the brain to efficiently execute an RPO. JMO.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

All of those QB's came to Michigan with substantial hype, and all fell on their faces. Milton is still trying to crack the starting lineup at Tennessee. Gardner had the horrible habit of turning his back to the LOS before trying to run. O'Korn was a total flop. Patterson was actually drafted in the new USFL, but was benched about 2 games in. Horrible.

McNamara last season was probably the best quarterbacking Michigan has had since Denard, although I'll still tip my cap to Iowa transfer Jake Rudock, and thank him for his effort..

Jury is out on JJ. He hasn't been under duress yet, and its about to get nasty. MSU, PSU and OSU are still on the schedule.

Comment

But I thought that HARBAUGH!!!!!!!! was the QB Whisperer?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              But I thought that HARBAUGH!!!!!!!! was the QB Whisperer?
                              I think that theory has been disproven long before this season.

But, I do think he's added some very good assistants, who are with little fanfare, getting the job done.

Comment

Mock the QBW at ye own peril
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X