X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim taking the high road.

Harbaugh on Ryan Walters and the postgame: “Typical postgame handshake.”

Comment

• I'm writing in the blind from Barcelona Spain. I did not watch or stream the audio of the Purdue game. I'd already been in bed and asleep for 2h when the KO came at 12:30 am on my wrist watch. The consensus of in-game and post-game comments is that the offense was intermittently bad. The most post game comments named Walters deployment of his usual 5 down OLmen and C1, man as the reason for that. It successfully stopped M's run game. Purdue has two NFL level DEs that routinely got past the OL harassing JJ and getting backside pursuit on M's RBs. The twist in Walter's defense v. M was dropping LBs into zone coverage about 50% of the time.

In response, not the best game for JJ or his receivers but M's D was strong against a terrible Purdue offense that went 1-14 on 3rd downs. Two M turnovers gave Purdue excellent field positions but the defense kept Purdue to only 2 FGs off those turnovers.

Despite some frustrating moments this game was never in doubt. I always felt I could miss this one and not miss much. I think that was the case. We'll be somewhere in the eastern Atlantic starting our crossing back to Fort Lauderdale next Saturday when M heads to HV to face PSU. That game is at noon on Fox (around 5pm for me). The internet connection (Starlink) is really good but you have to pay extra to stream video and when the ship's network gets busy, there's too much buffering that makes games unwatchable. I'll stream audio.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Darn, I would have correctly predicted the score if Michigan didn’t fumble a punt OR fail a 4th & 1 in friendly territory. Those two situations led to both of Purdue’s FGs. I just needed one not to happen.

The lack of sign stealing is OBVIOUSLY having an effect on M’s defense. Purdon’t scored 13 points against M. How can you let that happen? Pffffff. Forget all context and how Pur-choke’s TD came with :28 seconds left in the game as it was 41-6.

Ok, to be serious. My actual disappointment was JJ’s accuracy for much of the game. His first off game since the dreadful half vs Bowling Green. If JJ is off and the opposing defense can key on stuffing the run… well, M still did put up a ton of points against this #1 basketball school in Purcan’t… Hopefully this means JJ rebounds next week in a game that matters.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm hoping it was just rust, Cody. He was just a bit off last night, and the pressure he was getting did get to him for a couple bad sacks. I expect Pedo to pick up on that.

I hope they can find creative ways to get Samaj Morgan involved more often. That kid is amazing.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
          X