This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong thread!

Final from Yost: #8 Michigan 5, #7 Wisconsin 1. Michigan was down 1-0 after the first then scored 4 goals in the second and added another late in the third.

Pleasantly surprised by the result after 3+ weeks off. Hopefully bball can do the same.

Comment

• Michigan is up 1-0 early on Minnesota in the Big Ten semi-final (BTN/Fox Sports app). Winner gets Wisconsin in tomorrow’s final.

It’s becoming apparent that when the team is at full strength, they are one of the top teams in the country. We’re currently ranked 6/7 but we had 5 guys in the World Juniors over the holidays, then the nonsensical Covid shutdown for three weeks.

Michigan has 3 top 10 NHL draft picks on the team and Owen Power is expected to go #1 overall this year.

This is a team worth paying attention to.

Comment

• Michigan up 2-0 after 2. They beat OSU 4-0 last night.

Comment

• Michigan is 12-0-0 this season when scoring first. Minnesota hasn’t overcome a 2 goal deficit this season. Add it all up: Gophers in OT seems inevitable.

Comment

• End of regulation 2-2. OT coming up next! I wonder how it will end??

Comment

• Final score from Compton Family Ice Arena:

Minnesota 3, Michigan 2.

This folks, is why BPONE exists. We are the Gophers bitch in hockey just like we are OSU’s in football. You can set your watch to it.

Comment

• I think this sort of loss cements the reality that not many good things happen to M sports. Just can't seem to get a break on the big stage might be a widely applicable phrase.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Softball season is near.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, good.

Comment

• I fear M's success in that sport will be hijacked by misfortune. It is my new perspective on M sports. There is no sense in getting excited about any of them knowing the the inevitable dong-punch is on its way.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lets hope we can get back to hockey nights at Yost like this one.

And I'll even include the rest of the Big Ten.

Lets get these arenas, stadiums and field houses full again. Sooner than later.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• FUUUUUUCK! Michigan hockey out of NCAA Tournament due to Covid protocols. Just hit Michigan hockey's official twitter. They were to play today at 4:00.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/3/26/i...protocols.aspx
                          Last edited by Mike; March 26, 2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• That sucks ......

Tier 1 participants will be required to undergo and document seven consecutive negative daily COVID-19 tests before arrival into Indianapolis or San Antonio. One of these tests must be PCR. Tier 1 individuals will be administered daily tests upon arrival and during the tournament. All Tier 1 individuals will remain in quarantine until two consecutive tests on separate days are confirmed negative, at which time team practice may begin. A same-day protocol will be in place for potential false positive tests.

From the link, there are no details, just the cancelled announcement ......

"I'm devastated for these players. These student-athletes have done a wonderful job all year of making sacrifices to get to this point of the year," said Graham Family Head Men's Ice Hockey Coach Mel Pearson. "It's unfortunate. I don't completely understand the final decision but I have to respect it.

Suggests Pearson may not have agreed with the decision as there's the false positive thing. The place where I got the quote on Tier 1 stuff allows for confirmatory PCR of a RAPID test so, you have to assume that was done and whoever tested + on the team also got the confirmatory test. Also, if there's just one positive, why would the entire team be disqualified? Lots of questions.

Comment

• That's how I interpreted Mel's comment, too. I don't know who all is considered Tier 1 personnel. I figure it's players, coaches, trainers, and other other staff that has close personal contact with the players on a regular basis. Once there's a positive test, the dominoes fall and it gets shut down. Notre Dame also got sent home yesterday which has created speculation that something could have been going around at the Big Ten tournament. That's been concluded for 11 days now so I'd consider that a low probability.

Comment

• Well that sucks for you guys.

This might be unfair but it sure seems like your AD has struggled more than most

Comment

Working...
                                X