Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch from those that watched him this season says he's not a Div I athlete anymore, not sure how that'll change.

Comment

• Yes. But that is what I read nonetheless.

Comment

• Mark Jones said earlier in the OKC game that Michigan may offer Igor Ibaka, a juco transfer and Serge's younger brother.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Believe he's (Ibaka) a JUCO so I'd be worried if he could get in to M academically.

Comment

• I don't know what his transcript is but he speaks 6 languages. If Michigan is talking to him (as reported) I imagine that they think he'd be eligible.

Comment

• I'm in favor of any big man named Igor!

Comment

• Dawkins to Michigan

Comment

• Quite a large class, Austin Hatch, Aubrey Dawkins, Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman, Kameron Chatman, DJ Wilson & Ricky Doyle but needed with all the attrition. Given that they recruited over Austin Hatch twice tells me a lot of where he'll end up, medical scholarship even if he starts on an actual scholarship.

Comment

• Good point. One has to imagine that Hatch isn't going to play and therefore won't be on an athletic scholarship, but it would be nice to get confirmation.

Comment

• Well, I'm assuming he'll be on athletic scholarship for this year since it's available. That's why Beilein came out and said he would be on athletic scholarship going forward. Even if JB knows in his mind that he'll be on medical in the future, he can't and shouldn't come out and say that. Give him a year in the system so that it looks like they gave him a chance and then my guess is he'll go to medical. We won't get confirmation on that this year from what I'm thinking.

Comment

• That makes sense. We still have room for Huff, right?

Comment

• yes. We have one scholarship left

Comment

• Not sure if Igor Ibaka is a target of JB. He's a JuCo and would be available to play immediately though M's admissions for Juco's are restrictive. I believe Ibaka was only a freshman this past season.

Comment

• guess Dawkins is a low three star.
                              Last edited by Pasadena Blue; April 28, 2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• From Adam Finklestein:
                                Adam Finkelstein ‏@AdamFinkelstein 4m
                                Aubrey Dawkins going to be valuable "blend" guy for Michigan. Not a star but valuable piece on both ends for 4 years.
                                Details

Bout what I was hoping for out of him. He and MAAR both sound like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X