Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 top-100 point guards? Sounds good to me.

Comment

• PG's in back-to-back classes isn't ideal but Xavier Simpson has NBA potential.

Comment

• He's pretty tiny tho. 5-11 looks generous. On offense though, Beilein's offense really shines with two facilitators.

Comment

• At 6'8" he's a 3-4; in JB's offense he's certainly a '4'. Like his talent level and especially his fit for JB, #136 overall seems a bit underrated but he doesn't have the offers from other programs.

'17 class of Eli Brooks PG, Jordan Poole SG/SF & Isaiah Livers PF/SF looks very solid yet JB still missing on the 'elite' talent you need when you play other 'elite' talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            http://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Livers-89872

At 6'8" he's a 3-4; in JB's offense he's certainly a '4'. Like his talent level and especially his fit for JB, #136 overall seems a bit underrated but he doesn't have the offers from other programs.

'17 class of Eli Brooks PG, Jordan Poole SG/SF & Isaiah Livers PF/SF looks very solid yet JB still missing on the 'elite' talent you need when you play other 'elite' talent.
            ESPN has him ranked higher than most (#69) FWIW and his composite is #120 not #136.. I do like that 247 had him as 100% spartie in all 6 of their crystal ball predictions.

From this video, he certainly looks like the stretch-4 type that can hit from the mid-range J to beyond the 3-point line.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUdRu_pl9DI"]Isaiah Livers - Michigan Commit - Nike EYBL Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

The national team-rankings are still in their early stages but Michigan is currently at #4 for 247's composites. It looks like they have 1 more scholarship available for 2017. If they get any of: Brian Bowen (AAU teammate of Livers), Kris Wilkes, Justin Smith or Jamal Cain this class (with the addition of Charles Matthews) will be Beilein's 2nd best recruiting effort.

Comment

• Here's a good write-up on Michigan recruiting targets:

With one scholarship spot available, I take a look at the remaining recruits with mutual interest and how they could fit in the class

Comment

• More highlights

Michigan added its third class of 2017 commitment on Sunday night as Kalamazoo Central forward Isaiah Livers pledged his commitment to John Beilein. Here's a breakdown Livers's game and recruitment and how he fits into Michigan's class.

Comment

• Michigan offers 2018 G/F Robby Carmody, #58 composite.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVIpCyzY_G0"]Robby Carmody Adidas Gauntlet OBC 16U Mixtape | MARS High School - Class of 2018 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• A class of Ryan, Carmody and Johns would be just perfect.

Comment

• I'd just like to see them competing for the conference title, and protect the home court when MSU and Indiana come to town.

I know ... Izzo/MSU could compete in the NBA ... yadda .. yadda ..
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, let's see what happens. Within the Beilein era we're in a new phase here. It looks like there could be a better attempt to strike a balance between the needs of offense and those of defense, and it looks like recruiting results are improved, though we're still missing that McDonalds All-American recruiting score and a true impact 5. I'm excited for the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I'd just like to see them competing for the conference title, and protect the home court when MSU and Indiana come to town.

I know ... Izzo/MSU could compete in the NBA ... yadda .. yadda ..
                          That's how it's been for most of the last 5-6 years. There's been a dip, but hopefully things are back on the upswing again.

Comment

• That's all I ask, JD. Michigan is never going to be among the top 4-5 in the country on a consistent basis. Not unless they can get the next Mike Krzyzewski in here. That's not likely to happen any time soon.

Defending the home court, and grabbing a regular season or tournament championship are good. An occasional deep run in the NCAA's is even better.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think it's clear that we don't have to expect to be Duke or Kansas but over the long run we CAN and SHOULD expect to be a perennial top-15 type of program, and the best program in the state. The opportunity to do the latter is lost for a while probably, because of the many ways Michigan overall and is basketball program specifically have shot itself in the feet, but over the long run, as long as they choose to compete and don't give crappy coaches too long of a leash, we can have some expectations for some success.

Comment

• Who's the crappy coach you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                                X