Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related Tweet from Wolverine Alum Antoine Wright.
    :-D
    @ItsAntWright
    Following
    More
    • Retweeted Sam Webb
    Beilein: Hey RJ, can't wait to have you on campus

Barrett: 100k?

Beilein: ....Who dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
      Never been more relieved to have Beilein as coach... he's the least likely dude in the country to get busted for something like this.
      I certainly would be surprised.

On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse was named. I think I heard on the radio this morning that Nike's connection with all of this was about to come out today.

As for Bowen, I remember thinking a couple of months ago that it was strange that Louisville got him. I watched some of those games La Lumiere (or whatever the name is) was playing in to check out Jordan Poole and the ESPN guys were mentioning what schools it was down to for Bowen. I don't recall Louisville being mentioned.

Comment

• It was Oregon and Creighton with Zona and MSU right behind days before he committed.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
          I certainly would be surprised.

On the flip side, I wouldn't be surprised if Syracuse was named. I think I heard on the radio this morning that Nike's connection with all of this was about to come out today.

As for Bowen, I remember thinking a couple of months ago that it was strange that Louisville got him. I watched some of those games La Lumiere (or whatever the name is) was playing in to check out Jordan Poole and the ESPN guys were mentioning what schools it was down to for Bowen. I don't recall Louisville being mentioned.
          I don't think anything Nike specific will come out today, but all the shoe circuits have been subpoenaed. It's in the pipeline.

Comment

• Am wondering if Pitino really stepped it up with the Buckeye behaviour in the last few years. Suddenly he was hitting on five-stars. He had his share of recruits there, but the star power of this week's decommits is another level.

Comment

• Good stuff from Iggy's coach...

Michigan landed a huge commitment last week when Orangeville Prep (Mono, Ontario) four-star wing Ignas Brazdeikis pledged to John Beilein and the Wolverines.

The 6-foot-8, 200 pound Lithuanian would likely be ranked in Rivals’ top 40 if he played in America.

His high school coach Nate Johnson called Brazdeikis a basketball “unicorn”.

“Ignas right now is one of the most gifted scorers in North America,” Johnson said. “He can score at all three levels. He can get to the hoop, can shoot from mid-range and can shoot the three at a high clip. He’s also very crafty with angles, driving angles in particular. He uses his body really well, and he’s a gifted finisher around the rim.”

Onpt6cow69snp7nzpo7k
              He compared Brazdeikis to former Butler star and current Boston Celtic Gordon Hayward, along with former NBA players Keith Van Horn and Peja Stojakovic.

“He’s that European style player who has athleticism, which is really rare,” Johnson said. “He has that European skill-set with an American mentality.”

Johnson especially likes the fit for Brazdeikis at Michigan, saying he’s excited to see what he does once he’s on campus.

“Iggy is an absolute stud, especially for Michigan’s system,” Johnson said. “Everything that Michigan does is exactly what Iggy’s game is predicated on.”

He called Beilein one of the greatest coaches to have ever coached with how he is able to get the most out of his players, citing Nik Stauskas and Trey Burke. He views Brazdeikis as a future pro, and knows the Michigan staff has what it takes to get him there.

Johnson said that because he is so talented at scoring is multiple ways, even when opponents think they’ve found a way to stop him, he simply goes to another part of his game. If the drive is taken away, he’ll make threes and vice versa.

“He has a professional mindset and he takes great pride in it,” Johnson said. “He’s as blue collar from that stand point as you can find.”

The jump from high school ball to the Big Ten will come with the same types of challenges every recruit faces. Adjusting to the faster pace with better athletes, the rigorous demands of the college schedules and playing in larger venues. But Johnson is confident that Brazdeikis will adjust quickly and can make an impact right away.

“He’s an awesome kid,” Johnson said. “He’s one of the most loyal people I have ever met. He just wants to come in, work as hard as he can and do the right thing. That’s what he’s about.”

Brazdeikis has been a leader of his team in high school, which Johnson says has been crucial to the team’s success.

“When he’s around, everyone has to get better because you have to match what he brings to the table,” Johnson said. “He allows us to do things that we normally couldn’t do.”

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Am wondering if Pitino really stepped it up with the Buckeye behaviour in the last few years. Suddenly he was hitting on five-stars. He had his share of recruits there, but the star power of this week's decommits is another level.
                Who knew that there would be another Anfernee in the world?

It also makes one wonder about Izzo, who was not hitting homeruns on the recruiting trail (losing out on Jabari Parker, Okafor and Swanigan) until the last couple of years. He doesn't really seem like the type but maybe he got fed up with not playing on a level-field?
                Last edited by *JD*; September 28, 2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Who knew that there would be another Anfernee in the world?

It also makes one wonder about Izzo, who was not hitting homeruns on the recruiting trail (losing out on Jabari Parker, Okafor and Swanigan) until the last couple of years. He doesn't really seem like the type but maybe he got fed up with not playing on a level-field?
                  It is indeed curious when a guy like Izzo suddenly starts reeling them in. A few specific cases don't look the part tho, i.e. Langford and Winston. If either of them had been pay-to-play recruits Beilein wouldn't have been in it for so long.

Comment

• Castleton is making his OV this weekend and it sounds like he'll decide within the next week.

I'm hoping Locke jumps in first. I guess we could use a true big in the class but I haven't been wowed by what I've seen of him. Seems like a Mark Donnal-type that will need to redshirt.

If he does come to A2, #TrustinBeilein but get him in Camp Sanderson STAT!

Comment

• Bet they'll take both if they both wanna come

Comment

• Nunez is visiting this weekend too... Locke is visiting Florida this weekend then hopefully he's close to a decision... M would only take one or the other guards...

Doubt they'd turn down Castleton.

Comment

• Locke supposedly showing concern over lack of guaranteed playing time as a freshman.

Comment

• SNOWFLAKESMILLENNIALSGETOFFMYLAWNETCETC

Comment

Castleton is making his OV this weekend and it sounds like he'll decide within the next week.

I'm hoping Locke jumps in first. I guess we could use a true big in the class but I haven't been wowed by what I've seen of him. Seems like a Mark Donnal-type that will need to redshirt.

If he does come to A2, #TrustinBeilein but get him in Camp Sanderson STAT!

He will probably redshirt, but he's a much better rim protector, more aggressive and way longer than donnal. Imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                                He will probably redshirt, but he's a much better rim protector, more aggressive and way longer than donnal. Imo.
                                The highlight clip I saw of him he did have some blocked shots but they were of the below-the-rim type and against shorter competition. They were from last year so maybe he's gained more spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X