Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird that in a discussion about cheating an SEC type would bring up Ohio. Your words; not mine.

Comment

• "An SEC type"?

Yours is the greatest pain.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yours is the greatest pain.

No fucking kidding. College sports have destroyed my belief in the concept that what goes around comes around. In 2013 I lived in Ann Arbor and went to most of the home games and it would have been just a joyous fucking year to bag the NCAA tourney. Would have been nice on the personal side too, as a beloved client had just destroyed me in January of that year. Somebody fucked up a project I was working on and proceeded to scapegoat me and three other people. Normally the guy who hired me would have seen through that, but perhaps because he was quitting smoking at the time and his wife was divorcing him, me and those three others where shut out. Cost me a $15k contract and a three-week trip to Istanbul on somebody else's dime. So I was nursing some pretty serious wounds at that time, and it sure would have been nice to have the tournament as a distraction. To be in Crisler for the win. So, yeah -- that was fucking painful. Fuck Pitino and fuck Louisville. I'm all for the death penalty. Rules are rules.

But there is of course a flipside: mine is also the greatest joy. Others will never know what it means to win clean. We took down some pretty big cheaters in that tournament run, and we at least got a measure of revenge against Lousiville this March, in what was a very fun month of basketball. Overall, the debt cannot be repaid -- by Louisville or OSU or others. It's a shame what you all are doing. But, when we beat moral degenerates, those are absolutely the sweetest of victories.
        Last edited by hack; September 29, 2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          Currie decommits. Bummer.
          Was it something I said?

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Yours is the greatest pain.

No fucking kidding. College sports have destroyed my belief in the concept that what goes around comes around. In 2013 I lived in Ann Arbor and went to most of the home games and it would have been just a joyous fucking year to bag the NCAA tourney. Would have been nice on the personal side too, as a beloved client had just destroyed me in January of that year. Somebody fucked up a project I was working on and proceeded to scapegoat me and three other people. Normally the guy who hired me would have seen through that, but perhaps because he was quitting smoking at the time and his wife was divorcing him, me and those three others where shut out. Cost me a $15k contract and a three-week trip to Istanbul on somebody else's dime. So I was nursing some pretty serious wounds at that time, and it sure would have been nice to have the tournament as a distraction. To be in Crisler for the win. So, yeah -- that was fucking painful. Fuck Pitino and fuck Louisville. I'm all for the death penalty. Rules are rules.

But there is of course a flipside: mine is also the greatest joy. Others will never know what it means to win clean. We took down some pretty big cheaters in that tournament run, and we at least got a measure of revenge against Lousiville this March, in what was a very fun month of basketball. Overall, the debt cannot be repaid -- by Louisville or OSU or others. It's a shame what you all are doing. But, when we beat moral degenerates, those are absolutely the sweetest of victories.
            It could very well be that the last game that Pitino ever coaches was the loss to Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              Was it something I said?
              I'm not sure what this means.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                Johns has now dropped to #70 in his 247 Composite. What's up with that? I think he was #47 or #49 when he committed.

In other composite rankings news:

Barrett is still #1.

Iggy is now at #66.

Noah Locke (#71) is visiting next weekend.

DeJulius is #152.

Since reclassifying, Currie is now #191 in the 2018 class.
                247 is back with another update.

Iggy jumps up to #42

Johns at #69

Locke at #70

Castleton at #116

DeJulius at #133.

Comment

I'm not sure what this means.
                  What I posted earlier today:

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  They're already at the scholarship limit. You can kind of predict that Wagner is going to jump to the NBA after this season but you never know about transfers. It really is a shame that Currie reclassified.

Comment

• It looks like it. That's nice that Michigan sent him off the court for the last time. His statement was pretty ominous -- "not my fault/the U has to do what it has to do and I will too."

Comment

• Pretty cool that 9 out of 14 B10 teams are ranked in the top 23 for 247 recruiting... With Wisconsin and Iowa not exactly stinking it up outside that.

When did all the bag men jump the SEC (or ACC of basketball) and switch sides to the B10? Rather, a series of good coach hires over the years have helped out the B10.
                      Exciting... especially with this M class.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Pretty cool that 9 out of 14 B10 teams are ranked in the top 23 for 247 recruiting... With Wisconsin and Iowa not exactly stinking it up outside that.

When did all the bag men jump the SEC (or ACC of basketball) and switch sides to the B10? Rather, a series of good coach hires over the years have helped out the B10.
                        Exciting... especially with this M class.
                        Things will shake out differently soon. Seven of the Top 10, twelve of the Top 20, and forty-three of the Top 100 haven't committed yet, possibly more if Arizona gets slapped hard. The usual suspects will move up. My guess is that dooook takes the top spot when all is said and done. The good news is that if Michigan gets Locke and Castleton, they'll still be in the Top 10, maybe Top 5.
                        Last edited by *JD*; September 30, 2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Castleton and Nunez it is. Preferred Locke, but Nunez is being billed as a top 5 shooter in the class and has some athleticism. Should be low 4/high 3 star when the updated rankings come out, at least on rivals.

Great class overall

Comment

Castleton and Nunez it is. Preferred Locke, but Nunez is being billed as a top 5 shooter in the class and has some athleticism. Should be low 4/high 3 star when the updated rankings come out, at least on rivals.

Great class overall
                            Neither is being reported as officially committed, as far as I can find.

Comment

• Nunez announces today, Castleton Wednesday I believe.

Comment

• Noah Locke is announcing tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X