Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably give UM the #1 class in the country.

Comment

• It'll be top 5 and fills M's needs perfectly.

Comment

• It's already #8 without McGary.

Comment

• Getting him puts the program's development at warp speed, but it's already a win just to get this far in the process.

Comment

• I disagree. Maybe 3 years ago I'd take that but I think it's time to land a big fish.

What is good is Coach Beilein has already got 2 solid classes coming in next year and the year after. McGary just puts us into Final Four contention (IMO).

Comment

• I heard somewhere that he had some derogatory things to say about UM's "pace", that he likes to run....
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• It seemed like he was more making a comment on the B1G as a whole. Here's the quote:
                Then you’ve got Michigan. I look at who they’ve got coming in and I know they’re in a rebuilding situation, but I know that’s a situation where I could really come in and make a strong footprint. I feel like I could really help them and have a strong season there as a freshman. I like the Big Ten because it’s known for having blue-collar type players, but the pace tends to be a little slower. I love to go to work in the paint, but I like to get out and run more so with Michigan that’s something that I’ll have to really look at.
                Mitch McGary | Senior | Forward | Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, N.H.)Mitch McGary is the top-ranked power forward in the ESPNU 100. Headed into his senior season at Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, N.

I also think that Michigan did get out and run a fair bit last year. We seem to be getting more thoroughbreds coming in now as well so I expect our transition game will keep improving with guys like THJ, Burke, GR III and Stauskas.

Comment

• With Morris we could have run up a storm this year. Damn, I miss him already.

Comment

• And if there's an NBA lockout, he'll join Donovan Warren, Shantee Orr, Ernest Shazor, and Manny Harris in the "I left Michigan early and ended up not getting a pro paycheck" club.

Comment

• (I thought Manny worked himself into a starting job.)
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Manny did, he was a starter on a really bad team as a rookie...

Disappointing in CBB to see once your teams young stars blossom, they are in the NBA the next. More difficult to be a fan of CBB.

Comment

• Manny got lucky--Lebron left Cleveland turning it into a D-League team where he managed to stick.

Comment

• I think that is a little too dismissive. Even the Cavs were better than a CBA team. Him just making the squad was impressive but to then start a bunch of games was even greater.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong--I'm happy for him. But it is not likely that he would have started on any other NBA team, at least not last year. But he probably could have stuck with a bunch of them. He was drafted lower than he should have been IMO.

Comment

• Seeing as he wasn't drafted, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X