This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
    No Todd either. Lol. Decommitted and is heading overseas. Unreal.

2 five star recruits lost within the past 12 hours.
    That seems really odd with Todd considering how bad the virus is in Europe. And I imagine that is where he would be heading right?
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

That seems really odd with Todd considering how bad the virus is in Europe. And I imagine that is where he would be heading right?
      I believe so, yes.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

I believe so, yes.
        Okay---seems really odd decision unless he thinks it will get more under control there?
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

No Todd either. Lol. Decommitted and is heading overseas. Unreal.

2 five star recruits lost within the past 12 hours.
          But neither of those guys were going to stay more than one season anyway. They both would have had one foot out of the door all season long.

Maybe they can sign a couple other decent players who will stay a bit longer.

But yeah, it would have been fun to see those guys in Michigan uniforms.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Okay---seems really odd decision unless he thinks it will get more under control there?
            Yeah I don't know what to tell ya, Whit. I heard he said something on one of his social media accounts about it being better as far as getting him prepared for the NBA or something.

Comment

• Fucking brutal. Howard's inability to coach is nonsense, and all you had to do was watch the second MSU game to see that, but as a freshman in the recruiting game he's now taken his lumps and will hopefully learn from it. In retrospect, you can ask yourslef why programs like Kentucky and UNC backed off Christopher or Todd. Maybe there was something to be learned from that.

In no way is this sour grapes because I wanted Todd here, but if the silver lining of that cloud is Johns being a four-year player, I'd take that trade. Would rather have what Johns projects to be as a JR/SR than one year of Todd. Don't know if that's a valid either/or scenario or not.

As for what it means for next year, well, DDJ now looms as a really tough loss, even if the fit was never right with Howard. Smith is going to have to be a big hit, Jackson is going to have to be ready, and Wagner is going to have to guard some 2s. IF Wagner can be relied on to guard 2s, or at least relied on to guard ball-dominant players in that Tayshaun Prince-like way he handled Winston down the stretch, then that's really something. IF Livers comes back. A lineup that can put Wagner, Livers and Johns on the court with Brooks for spacing is a very attractive option.

Give me Livers back for one more year and next year will be just fine. Not a contender year, but that's OK.

Comment

• If Livers comes back. Shit, if Wagner comes back. I'm not so sure Juwan won't be playing with general students by the end of the season. Seems like nobody wants to play for this guy. At the very least, nobody that's played for him believes in his ability to coach, and now that he's put film out there, recruits aren't exact enthusiastic about his "do stuff" brand of offense.
                Last edited by Kstat; April 14, 2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Even without those two he has the highest-ranked incoming recruiting class in the conference.

Comment

• Joshua Christopher decision changed in the last week supposedly. Two five stars who wouldn't be here two years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                      Seems like nobody wants to play for this guy.
                      I know finishing 2nd gets you nothing as far as recruiting goes, but...

If nobody wanted to play for him then I don't see why Christopher would have Michigan in his final two. Michigan was Todd's #1 NCAA school -- it's just they lost out to Todd's desire to play professionally. Which he wants to start immediately apparently. Wagner also still came despite Beilein leaving. Zeb Jackson kept his commitment. And as Hack pointed out, even without Todd & Christopher, it's still apparently the highest rated recruiting class in the Big Ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                        If Livers comes back. Shit, if Wagner comes back. I'm not so sure Juwan won't be playing with general students by the end of the season. Seems like nobody wants to play for this guy. At the very least, nobody that's played for him believes in his ability to coach, and now that he's put film out there, recruits aren't exact enthusiastic about his "do stuff" brand of offense.
                        This is very hot-takey, K-Stat.

Comment

• A few 2021 guys just received offers from Michigan this weekend: #2 overall player, center (and talented 7-foot stick-figure) Chet Holmgren, SG and top in-state player Kobe Bufkin (#92 overall), and combo-guard Jalen Warley #27.

Comment

I guess by now we know Todd stayed stateside and has taken advantage of the bigger contracts now being offered by G-League teams. Todd reportedly is going to make up to $250,000 which seems pretty solid, especially considering there may not be a college season.

Comment

• And the 2021 offers keep coming this weekend. This time to 6'7" 3-star wing Isaiah Barnes from Oak Park, IL. At least one recruiting guy thinks he'll bump up to a 4-star soon. He already has offers from Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, and Maryland.

Comment

• Another 2021 offer. This time for 6'11" big man Efton Reid. He's rated #20 and played AAU ball with Hunter Dickinson and Terrance Williams. It looks like Juwan is really targeting the D.C. area. He did play for the Bullets/Wizards for several years so he probably still has good ties there.

Comment

Working...
                                X