This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Hatch reclassifies to the class of 2014:

WANE-TV is reporting that Michigan commitment Austin Hatch has been granted an additional year of eligibility by the IHSAA and will reclassify to the class of 2014. Hatch is a survivor of two plane crashes, the most recent in June of 2011 which took the life of his father and step mother and left him […]

Comment

• Good for him. He will become quite the interesting adult.

Comment

• potential addition to 2013 class: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Jersey City (N.J.) Hudson Catholic senior Reggie Cameron.
        Ranked a four-star prospect and the No. 27 power forward in the country according to Scout.com, Cameron is a 6-7, 210-pound marksman.

Comment

• He's been in the mix for a while but he finally scheduled a visit, I believe.

He seems to be a bit of a one-trick pony but he can be very good at that trick.

Comment

• Funchess!

Comment

• Oops. Wrong thread.

Comment

• umhoops.com was reporting earlier in the week that 2014 wing Jae'Sean Tate, 2015 guards Hyron Edwards and Prentiss Nixon were going to be making visits this weekend. Karl Towns Jr. was also rumored to be coming but that news changed later in the week.

Since Beilein doesn't offer Sophs and since Tate has already been offered, the best we can hope for is a commitment out of Tate.

2013 Forward, Reggie Cameron is supposed to visit next weekend.
                Last edited by *JD*; September 9, 2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Hyron Edwards (top 15 in the class of '15) was impressed with his visit to The Big House and campus in general:

Hyron Edwards, a 2015 point guard out of East Chicago High School in Indiana, is one of the most sought-after recruits in the class of 2015. The five-star guard already holds offers from Indiana, Illinois and Purdue, and Michigan is hot on the dominant point guard’s trail. The Wolverines got their second chance within the […]

Comment

• The #2 recruit of 2015, Diamond Stone, is going to be visiting this Saturday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQfLKoTxcg&feature=player_embedded"]Diamond Stone Basketball Highlights - Top Big Man in the Class of 2015 - John Lucas Camp - YouTube[/ame]

He looks like he's in the Zack Randolph/Jared Sullinger mold.
                    Last edited by *JD*; October 16, 2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh47EH4VgdA&feature=related"]6'10 Diamond Stone - Class of 2015 - #2 Ranked Center in the NATION - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I'm projecting out ahead now but I could see the possibility of Donnal getting redshirted. I know he's a Top 100 big but I can see Mitch coming back for another year. That would mean we'd still have Morgan, McGary, Horford and Beifeldt as our bigs. I think Max can be a guy that can contribute to the team if needed. If last night is any indication, he seems to have moved ahead of McLimans in the rotation. He had 6 rebounds in 4 minutes and seems kind of Morgan-esque in what he can bring to the table. (an aside: He also has the calves of an offensive lineman. I'm not sure that helps in basketball but they are massive.).

Donnal is Michigan's only big for next year and I don't think they've offered a scholarship to any true bigs (Keita Bates-Diop is a fairly thin 6'7" that could play some PF but could also play SF) for 2014 so it might be smart to bank him for that class. Even if he's good, I don't think he would leapfrog Morgan, Mitch, and Horford in the rotation. Health issues for Jon would be the only thing to keep him out of the mix.

Comment

• And KBD probably isn't coming anyway.

Comment

• It sounds like Illinois might have pulled in the lead for KBD.

Comment

• I think that it's probably a certainty that McGary will be back next year.

Comment

• I'll never think that way again after Burke last year. On paper Burke had no business even thinking of leaving. He's not even six feet tall, but the buzz around his decision actually boosted his draft stock.

With McGary's size and strength and athleticism, he can leave whenever he wants. As much as I'd love it, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X