Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, we should hold out on Wilson until Bolden gets his SAT figured out and taken. Jaylen Johnson won't be part of the class either, I don't think. Still holding out hope for Blackmon...he seems to be getting tugged in every direction.

I actually really liked the film I saw on Javon Bess too...not a bad plan B, who would have been a plan A 3-4 years ago.

Comment

• Agree with Jaylen, were too close to the early signing period, have as good or better options on the board were waiting on and he's at a premier program... If M really wanted to push for him, they might have a chance but it's likely too late; plus he has 'academic' issues. He's a plan B guy and M is holding out for a plan A talent though part of him being a plan B guy might be his academic issues...

Agree on Bolden, he looks like a difference maker (NBA potential) and M needs one of those to replace GR3. He's worth waiting for... Really like Blackmon too, M needs an athlete/slasher type more than they need a pure shooter/scorer like Booker...

Haven't looked up Javon Bess yet but I'm getting very mixed reports on his talent level; varying from top 75, top 200 to 'MAC'. Some signs of him being a late bloomer.

Comment

• State-of-Recruiting post up at mgoblog this morning.

Is Wilson really that much of an effort-issues kid? I'm real wary of that in general but especially with us being the finesse team of the league right now.

I guess nothing left to do but wait and see if Chatman makes it out of AZ uncommitted, and cross fingers on one of Booker or Blackmon. It would be disappointing if none of those three dropped, but that's basketball.
        Last edited by hack; September 26, 2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything about Dante Exum in a while. He's a 1-and-done at best but last I heard he was 50/50 on making the jump to the NBA.

Comment

• Grantham is announcing next week.

Comment

• Between Clemson & M.

Comment

• From what Rivals is saying, Michigan is a slight favorite.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Rivals still thinks Chatman could drop for Arizona sometime in the next couple weeks if there is a spot available. I like his talent level but he's far from a polished product, M doesn't need immediate production from him and he's got NBA type upside.

Comment

• umhoops.com just posted that both Grantham and Chatman will announce this week.

Comment

• Tea leaves say (in your order); good news then bad news.

Comment

• Yes!!!!
                        Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 3m
                        Enormous win for #Michigan landing skilled wing Kameron Chatman (#36/#32) per @JoshGershon. Beat Arizona, Oregon, USC http://247sports.com/Player/Kameron-Chatman-13390

Comment

• Beilein flew out to his house tonight and sealed the deal.

Michigan added its first commitment since March today as 6-foot-7 wing Kameron Chatman pledged to John Beilein and the Wolverines. https://twitter.com/TFOEKam_3/status/385235590431535104 Chatman is the consensus No. 32 player in the class of 2014 and is rated a four-star prospect by all major scouting services. He visited Michigan twice before committing. First for Michigan’s College Practice […]

Rivals has him rated at #29, ESPN at #49, Scout at #23. Huge pick-up! If they get either Booker or Blackmon, this class is in the neighborhood with last year's class. I guess Grantham is still in the running too, although he might see Chatman as a guy playing the same position.

Comment

• Great news! That was fast. Apparently the kid needed just one more talk with JB. I can't say I had a positive feeling after he left AZ without committing, but he didn't slam the door and I guess that was enough.

Comment

• Should add -- this is a kid Beilein pulled away from the east coast and away from a coaching staff in AZ with which he has a substantial relationship with. So, no complaints if Booker doesn't land, or Blackmon. Of course we want them here but this is a real feather in the cap for JB.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                Yes!!!!
                                Wow, did not see that coming. Smart move by Chatman, UM is clearly the best place to showcase his skills and provides the best oppurtunity to be "the guy". What about Donte Grantham now? Take both?
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X