No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that it's a target-rich environment and people are rightly sick of shots taken at minor and tangential ones. On both sides, really. Anyone of any belief system can focus on what matters or can busy themselves with self-affirming garbage. Doing the latter is partially why we're here in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Re: park service tweeting

I don't know if "Trump's team" is accurate. It was definitely someone in authority at the Park Service who stopped the tweeting, and it probably wasn't a horrible call to suspend it until the one not following protocol is identified.

I anticipate Trump will do a myriad of disastrous things. Something like this or gold curtains just thins the soup, imo.

As always, your mileage may vary.
      Oh it's minor stuff to be sure. Not calling for pitchforks. Just gives us a flavor of the new admin

Comment

• Did anyone else notice that Trump snubbed Bill Clinton twice when he was shaking hands at the end of his speech? Bill looked lost and desperate. I thought they were supposed to be pals.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          But the butthurt is just so much more pitiful and entertaining in its current form.

Save
          Save
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            Are you talking about the woman who is in so much pain she is considering having an abortion, or the assholes laughing at her pain?

That the decision to have or not to have an abortion is being determined by an inauguration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I know I am a cynic, but the inauguration-abortion thing looks fake. It smells contrived. Constructed.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• False, fabricated flim-flam?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Or just being a little dramatic in the moment, after which more clarity of thought is possible. Of course no one here (we probably won't win another game all year/I sincerely doubt Michigan will ever compete with elite teams again) has any experience with that...

Comment

• For better or worse, the 'Women's March' today appears to have much greater attendance than Trump yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      The NPS thing just shows how thin skinned and narcissistic the man is.

I don't think Trump had a hand in it (not that it is beneath him). His new NPS head isn't appointed as I understand it. Further, not only do I not think Trump did it, I think it was the right call. Temporarily, at least:

The person responisble for the tweet was breaking protocol established over 20 years ago with the NPS. Much more likely to me is a supervisor reining in an outwardly partisan social media wonk or wonks. And rightfully so.

I'm pretty anti-Trump, but this is a heaping helping of 'nothing to see here' imo.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Trump went to the CIA to talk to the entire Agency about his plans. Instead he droned on and on about the dishonest media lying about his huuuuge inauguration numbers. Clearly annoyed that he was a poor draw

Supposedly he also took a bunch of White House staff with him to applaud and laugh at the appropriate times.

[ame]https://twitter.com/CNN/status/822905373493297152[/ame]

I know I know, there are more important things to worry about. But tell that to Trump.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/IvanBrandon/status/822905758937444352[/ame]

Oh and Trump also told the CIA that he'd always insisted that we should've "taken Iraq's oil" and that maybe we'd have a chance to still do that

Comment

• Taking Iraq's oil? That's a war crime no?

And anyone mocking someone in that much pain is a certified asshole.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/JasonLeopold/status/822915713820139520[/ame]

Comment

• For better or worse, the 'Women's March' today appears to have much greater attendance than Trump yesterday
                                My Mother marched back in what year was it around 71? Not that I remember it since I was around 3 years old. It's much more respectable than sitting behind your computer and trolling/arguing/commenting. Which reminds me of my favorite part of Obamas farewell speech, if you don't like arguing with strangers on the internet, get out there and talk to one in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X