Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    So trump is now a brilliant mastermind dsl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's adept at leaking things to the press when he wants good press or to change the subject and has been his whole career. He's not 100% totally incompetent, if that's what you want me to say.

Is it totally unbelievable that he or his family would leak the document? Seems odd that if someone was trying to hurt Trump they'd choose a doc that had zero incriminating info in it.

Comment

• MSNBC chose to run with it..

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

MSNBC chose to run with it..

You HAVE to run with it. It'd be irresponsible to not publish it once it came into your possession...and it wasn't actually sent to them, as I said it was sent to David Johnston.

If there was nothing incriminating and you chose not to publish because of that, then you'd be guilty of extreme bias.

I mean...hey...I'll listen to alternative theories, here, on who got the returns and why they sent them. Was it a rogue IRS agent who was able to get his hands on just 2 pages from 1 year of returns and decided to mail it off (anonymously)? Even though there was nothing particularly damaging in it?

Comment

• Jeff, geezer insults every single poster that disagrees with him on the regular. If you don't see it, that tells me even more. Some animals are more equal than others.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Geezer says BO let Iran make Iraq a client state. I'm not sure that's the right choice of words but Iraq has come under greater influence by Iran than in the past but that has more to do with the rise of Shia power in Iraq with Sunnis getting squeezed giving rise to IS, Yada, Yada. Oversimplified but you get the point.

Look at Geezers' link. It sais Khamenei wants to make Iraq a client state. Doesn't show how it is one. It expresses the ambition to do so. Pretty weak.

Geezer I have not mentioned in the past that I have gone to Iran, but whenever I hear about Iranian nukes I think about the episode, and how, basically, we've been at the same spot forever on this particular issue. It was so silly of me to clear out of the country early based on that fear, but visa dates were not flexible and I wouldn't have known that without going first. But that's why you have to go to places if you want to know about them.

Anyhow, we've gone over what has happened in the greater ME so many times. I could say the great entry of Iran into Iraq came when Bush and Cheney poked that particular hornet's nest and provided the opening for Shias to have a voice again for the first time in decades, and that would be factually and obviously true. But, in fairness to all presidents, and to the region, let's acknowledge that the die was cast years and years ago. All presidents from WWI on made the conscious decision to stick with the dictators they had in the ME. What's happening now is the result of putting political evolution on hold in that region, and it'll be this way for a long time now, it seems. Silly to blame Obama for this or Trump for that.

It may or may not be silly to blame Bush and Cheney. True that the kicking down the road of the can stopped there. They opened the can. True that Cheney made millions as a result, and knew he would. Maybe the can would have opened up soon enough anyways. But, ultimately Bush was the first president in 80 years to say ``not on my watch'' and break with policy continuity. With certainty you can say he decided the starting piont for the pain that was inevitable. Whether that's blameworthy is the question, IMO. True that Obama did a shit job with a shit problem. Trump will do the same, and so probably will future presidents. This is a no-solutions problem.
            Last edited by hack; March 16, 2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

So trump is now a brilliant mastermind dsl?

I think DSL's post would indicate the opposite.

Comment

• i think common sense would indicate that.

Comment

• And that.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Hoss.. no he wasn't. He made a statement and I asked a clarity question. Clearly dsl's response suggest he understood.

But continue to jump in

Last edited by entropy; March 16, 2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• DSL.. I think MSNBC could have said it's nothing. They pick and choose stories all the time. This backfired on them.

I'm not sure who leaked it but I do agree with you about trump and the media. I'd call it misdirection. He's certainly not organized but probably opportunistic.

Comment

• He is definitely a mastermind on the travel ban, he proved that last night.

Comment

He seems to shoot from the hip. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            He is definitely a mastermind on the travel ban, he proved that last night.

He has his select topics

Edit: should add to certain audiences

Comment

Hoss.. no he wasn't. He made a statement and I asked a clarity question. Clearly dsl's response suggest he understood.

But continue to jump in

I will, thanks.

Comment

He seems to shoot from the hip. IMO

I'd mostly agree with this...I think he's a good improviser. He doesn't have the patience or the attention span to develop a scheme or detailed plan. That's what 'his people' are for. He's there to sell plans he knows virtually nothing about.

Comment

Working...
                                X