No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Donald Trump Jr. praising an Alt Right icon who is responsible for inventing the Pizzagate scandal, says there's no such thing as date rape and that 'good sex' resembles rape as closely as possible.

[ame]https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/849240401974308864[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      WH considering proposal that foreign nationals visiting the US, even if on vacation, to turn over their cell phones contacts and passwords to the US government upon demand. No country exempt; any foreigner could be asked to do this if 'suspicious' (Note: Customs has tagged Muhammed Ali Jr. as 'suspicious' several times over the past few months)

Is we do this, every country could introduce reciprocal measures for Americans traveling abroad.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...olicies-report

Dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Trump bringing jobs to Hoss' old stomping ground..

Comment

• This is what the hardscrabble people in Appalachia wanted, a reduction in tourism. I know Pure Michigan really wanted that.

Comment

• "I'm going to create jobs!" .... by destroying tourism...

Comment

• In actual news:

Tesla passes GM, becoming the largest US auto manufacturer by market cap.

Susan Rice, yesterday identified as the person who ordered the unmasking of members of Trump world, today is reported to have had spreadsheets prepared to collate the various intercepted communications (Daily Caller names its sources). Save your time, I know Alinsky teaches you to attack the source, so no need. No one claims this had anything to do with the Russian investigation. Whether true or not, the almost total blackout by the controlled media is notable.

Last edited by Da Geezer; April 4, 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                They best be careful messing with Hwy 50, lest they incur the wrath of the Springfieldians.
                Last edited by Wild Hoss; April 4, 2017, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• In my continuing attempt to understand the whole unmasking matter, I have some new information. First, any unmasking becomes, ipso facto, classified as Top Secret. Second, whether Rice did anything illegal is solely dependent on whether the unmasking is necessary to understand the context of the foreign intelligence involved. As director of the NSC, she had the right to unmask. Any improper unmasking or leaking of Top Secret information is a violation of the Espionage Act (the same act Hillary violated) and a ten-year felony.

Once again, this is why having a lawless President harms the country. What, really, did Lois Lerner, Eric Holder or Hillary have to lose? There is simply no downside to this type of behavior. Let's recall that Rice is the political hack who went on 5 Sunday shows and presented Benghazi as a reaction to a video.
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; April 4, 2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• froot:

Could you give me a link for the information about the FISA warrant for Spectrum Health?
                    Last edited by Da Geezer; April 4, 2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Well, the DeVos family basically runs it with Dick DeVos Jr. (husband to Betsy) was just elected chairman of the board there (and has been on that particular board since 2010). Spectrum Health includes the Betsy DeVos Children's Hospital which the DeVos foundation consistently gives a lot of money to.
                      Dick De Vos, son of Rich De Vos, was just elected chairman emeritus of the board. I called Spectrum about this server stuff, but I couldn't get in touch with the guy I wanted to talk to. Spectrum and the other hospitals on GR's Medical Mile have indeed been funded by local philanthropy, and Rich De Vos is the richest philanthropist in the area. The Prince family also gives millions. In trying to research froot's claim, I found this article:

Among West Michigan's wealthy, it's not about the clothes you wear or the car you drive, but how much you give. And the DeVos family's $1.2 billion in lifetime giving has led the way.

it says:Among West Michigan's wealthy, social clout doesn't come from the clothes you wear or car you drive. Influence comes from how much you give. which is absolutely true.

What would you suggest the wealthy should do with their money? What would you suggest that a city based on furniture manufacturing do when the manufacturers can build furniture at a reduced cost overseas or in the Carolinas? GR set out to become a regional medical center comparable to the Mayo Clinic or the Cleveland Clinic. And they did so mostly with private funding. That stands in stark contrast to Detroit, which sought and received welfare from the rest of Michigan when their manufacturing base collapsed. It's just the difference between people, and between values, in the two parts of the state.

Comment

• It certainly isn't my claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          It's just the difference between people, and between values, in the two parts of the state.
                          So the implication that you put there is that you think the people in Grand Rapids are inherently better than the people in Detroit.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                            So the implication that you put there is that you think the people in Grand Rapids are inherently better than the people in Detroit.
                            I think it's more than an implication.

Comment

• I was being kind froot.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yeah I know, time to put him back on the ignore list.

Comment

Working...
                                X