No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let china help deal with it.. I'm not a fan of the US acting like the global super cop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The core of Watergate was Nixon spying on domestic political opposition and then using the government to try to cover it up.

Trump was a citizen. And he was not Obama's domestic political opposition. If you believe Obama was being a team player here, you have to rationalize why he never released the information. Partisans were begging him in December and January. He didn't.

Comment

• It wasn't just a hack of the DNC, the Russians were hacking the voter databases.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          Let china help deal with it.. I'm not a fan of the US acting like the global super cop

What if they don't do anything and one of those missiles has a warhead? This is less about being a global cop and more about the fact they are actively trying to develop the ability to hit the US with an ICBM. They aren't targeting China.

Comment

• If you're okay with swearing and slurs and aren't at work, watch this. Alex Jones: Intellectual Leader of the Alt Right

[ame]https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/849336567663558659[/ame]

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              What if they don't do anything and one of those missiles has a warhead? This is less about being a global cop and more about the fact they are actively trying to develop the ability to hit the US with an ICBM. They aren't targeting China.

What about Iran? You have to have a large military presence and be willing to sacrifice American lives to police the world all the time.

That's very republican of you, btw..[emoji3]

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                What about Iran? You have to have a large military presence and be willing to sacrifice American lives to police the world all the time.

That's very republican of you, btw..[emoji3]

Iran? They don't have a bomb and they aren't lobbing ICBMs in the ocean. Why you changing the subject? NK has the nukes and they are actively trying to get capacity to hit us. That is a big difference than Iran.

Plus the Iran deal was an active step to get away from unilateral action from the US.

Comment

• NOT MUSLIMS

Comment

• Hack... lol

Comment

Froot... just pointing out picking and choosing becomes pretty selective. Where one party draws the line and another doesn't mean either is right or wrong... just different.

I'm not concerned about them launching at the US. They want a seat at the big boys table imo. Having the US as the bad guy is fine. Starting a nuclear war is a not in their best interest. They want regional influence through intimidation. Their neighbors should be more concerned.

Last edited by entropy; April 5, 2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Here's one for you.

The Assad regime used chemical weapons yesterday in a "rebel" held area of Syria. There are reports that 100s of civilians died.

The international community has called this the worst war crime in recent history. The UN has called a meeting of the Security Council today to address it.

Entropy, or anyone who wants to comment, what action should the collective of Western Nations take or do we just sit on the sidelines?

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here.

Dozens of people including children were killed in the assault, one of the worst atrocities in the Syria conflict since President Trump took office.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 5, 2017, 10:15 AM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Jeff... I will need to answer later ... and share my thoughts.

I will add to the question is there a difference between civilians who die in ME vs Africa vs Asia? Or is it how you die that becomes the catalyst?

Comment

• Let's keep the discussion on the ME for now. The shit going down in Syria has been on-going for a long time. The international implications are huge mainly because it involves Iran and Russia.

I'm not downplaying Africa or Asia. An equally disturbing humanitarian shit show but a narrower focus might be helpful in this forum ..... for now.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We've had good reason to stay out of Syria to this point, and while yesterday's atrocity is spectacular in nature and an affront to human dignity, those reasons haven't changed IMO. That war is a hodgepodge of horrible actors with conflicting goals, and a slice of innocents intermingled.

I said it years ago, and I believe its still true today, if not moreso; there is no "Win" for us in Syria. Only multiple types and degrees of losses.

Comment

• There's the ``what should we do?" question, and there's the ``what should we have learned from this?" question. I agree on the first. It's way too fucking late. Everyone else has their own goals in mind anyways, and incentives to provided back-handed faustian support to whatever humanitarian efforts there are.

What should we have learned? Not to fuck with shit in the first place. Keep your powder dry, as Trump said in the tweet everyone mentions. We knew we would have to deal with this some day. No sense starting wars in Iraq so Cheney's company can profit. That constrains us now. Using the military should happen only when absolutely necessary, and not when politically expedient or profitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X