No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't matter how well trained they are or how much they are loved. They are ticking time bombs.

That's bullshit - do you know these owners personally?

Dogs any dogs trained from a puppy in a good home don't do this. Tony G put up the numbers back when he was alive posting.

In the '70s, they blamed the dobermans. In the '80s they blamed the german shepards, In the '90s they blamed the rottweilers. Now They blame the pitbulls. When are they going to start blaming the humans?

Comment

• Agree with that for the most part. Pits need intense training from day 1. A couple in my building have had their moments, but for the most part, all I've come across have been sweet dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        MY earlier feminazi comment was pure sarcasm...I think Jeff may have just been aping that
        Sarcasm, yes ....... TBH, though, I resent some aspects of feminism esp. some of the extremism and to the same degree faux outrage.

We don't know the details of O'Reilly's offenses to work place etiquette, at least I don't and I don't give a rat's ass either. I also don't know Fox's Sexual Harassment Policies or the degree to which O'Reilly ran afoul of them.

Was there due process involved at Fox in obtaining the end result (O'Reilly out the door)? I have no idea but this reeks of the faux outrage of women who think they are being sexually harassed, in fact, may not have been, but empowered themselves in the court of public opinion by going public with their accusations, fact based or not, and created the circumstances where O'Reilly was shown the door.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's not bullshit.

Dogs any dogs trained from a puppy in a good home don't do this. Tony G put up the numbers back when he was alive posting.
          This is bullshit^^^^^

Do some reading.

NEW Warning From Pediatricians: "Strong consideration to avoidance of any interaction between pit bull breeds and young children, particularly infants.

Pit bull bites were implicated in half of all surgeries performed and over 2.5 times as likely to bite in multiple anatomic locations as compared to other breeds."

Medical peer-reviewed: Level 1 trauma center dog bite studies from all geographical regions in the U.S. are reporting a higher prevalence of pit bull type dogs injuries than all other breeds of dogs. In many cases, the studies (2009 to 2016) also report that pit bull injuries have a higher severity of injury and require a greater number of operative interventions.

Summary of key peer-reviewed dog bite medical studies (2009-2016). 10 of 11 show a higher frequency of pit bull injuries than all other breeds of dogs. Since 2011, half of these dog bite studies show that pit bulls also inflict a higher severity of injury.

Pit-bull type dogs are responsible for 95% of severe attacks on people, pets and livestock in breed neutral zones. Please follow for one month. You will be shocked at all the people and pets that are severely maimed or killed by pit bulls.

National Pit Bull Victim Awareness advocates for more than 70 organizations and social media groups in the United States and Canada, including memorial and support pages for victims of pit bull attacks, breed-specific legislation, and non-profit organizations

Please spend some time witnessing to the victims of pit bull attacks. Most of attacking pit bulls are not from bad owners but naive owners who did not understand the dangerous pit bull breed traits. From 2005-2016, 252 people killed by pit bull type dogs.

Annual U.S. dog bite fatality statistics from 2005 to present day recorded by DogsBite.org. Combined, multi-year dog bite fatality statistics are also included.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• People are lazy and ignorant when it comes to pets. If you want a good dog you HAVE to put in the time from a puppy to train them what to do and not to. I have known 4 Pitt Bulls who are as nice as any other dog. They are not born trained, or bad.

In Detroit most of these ass holes just what them as attack dogs.

My dog I have loves me to death. He growls at me if I put my hand by his food when hes eating. Is he mean, want to bite me? No he is a rescue, the previous owners had other dogs running around untrained and would eat his food before had had a chance. He has been protecting his food from a puppy.

Comment

• "The pit bull's unusual breeding history has produced some bizarre behavioral traits, de- scribed by The Economist's science editor in an article published a few years ago, at the peak of a heated British controversy over dangerous dogs that saw the pit bull banned in England.

First, the pit bull is quicker to anger than most dogs, probably due to the breed's unusually high level of the neurotransmitter L-tyrosine.

Second, pit bulls are frighteningly tenacious; their attacks frequently last for 15 minutes or longer, and nothing—hoses, violent blows or kicks—can easily stop them. That's because of the third behavioral anomaly: the breed's remarkable insensitivity to pain.

Most dogs beaten in a fight will submit the next time they see the victor. Not a defeated pit bull, who will tear into his onetime vanquisher. This, too, has to do with brain chemistry.

The body releases endorphins as a natural painkiller. Pit bulls seem extra-sensitive to endorphins and may generate higher levels of the chemical than other dogs.

Endorphins are also addictive: "The dogs may be junkies, seeking pain so they can get the endorphin buzz they crave," The Economist suggests."

Finally, most dogs warn you before they attack, growling or barking to tell you how angry they are—"so they don't have to fight," ASPCA advisor and animal geneticist Stephen Zawistowski stresses.

Not the pit bull, which attacks without warning. Most dogs, too, will bow to signal that they want to frolic. Again, not the pit bull, which may follow an apparently playful bow with a lethal assault.

In short, contrary to the writings of Vicki Hearne, a well-known essayist on animals who—in a bizarre but emotionally charged confusion—equates breed-specific laws against pit bulls as a kind of "racist propaganda," the pit bull is a breed apart.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Most breeds bite and release. Pit bulls bite and do not let go until their victims are dead. This is part of their genetic code called their 'gameness' trait.

"The dog is extremely dangerous and mutilates. The dog is simply not safe around people. I recommend euthanasia because the quality of life is so poor for dogs that have to live out their lives in solitary confinement" Please look at this chart: http://www.dogtalk.com/BiteAssessmen...barDTMRoss.pdf

Most pit bull advocates lack the basic understanding of dog breeding 101 where breeders are purposely trying to produce a 'stereotype' for retrieving, herding, pointing, scenting, racing, guarding and fighting. Most normal breeds have a highly developed canine etiquette, with a language that allows them to resolve conflict without killing. In contrast, pit bulls have had this etiquette systematically bred out of them, for success in the killing pit. A normal dog will signal, bluff, air bite nip, and only as a last resort will he really bite, and will bite and release. A pit bull skips all the signals and preliminary posturing and gets right down to killing, and once they start in on a victim they will not stop. Many a distraught parent has found out the hard way when the so-called family pit bull goes after their toddler and is oblivious to kicks, punches, baseball bats etc.

Correct there are nice pit bulls. The problem is that you can't tell them apart from the pit bulls that decide to kill. Would you deliberately choose a crib, car, or helmet with the highest record of fatalities and the worst safety rating? Pit-bull type dogs are responsible for 95% of severe attacks (level 4-5 dog bites) on people, pets and livestock in breed neutral zones. Please follow for one month. You will be shocked at all the people and pets that are severely maimed or killed by pit bulls.

National Pit Bull Victim Awareness advocates for more than 70 organizations and social media groups in the United States and Canada, including memorial and support pages for victims of pit bull attacks, breed-specific legislation, and non-profit organizations

Comment

• Trust me I don't like being around Pitt Bulls of anyone I don't know. I didn't see anything to refute if trained from a puppy they will be good dogs .

Pit Bull Training and Breed Information

Complete Pit Bull Terrier breed information and profile. Pit Bull training and socialization are the keys to raising a happy, healthy and well adjusted Pit Bull.

Comment

• Passionate, powerful and fiercely loyal, the Pit Bull Terrier is a versatile, athletic and wonderful companion. With a strong desire to please his/her master, properly trained and socialized Pit Bulls can be extremely affectionate family dogs.

Highly intelligent, they also make excellent protectors and have an uncanny ability to discern a friendly visitor from an intruder. This does not necessarily make them great guard dogs though, as they often prefer to stop for a pet rather than bark if the visitor is a neighbor or friend. You will also find that a properly socialized Pit Bull will be a gentle companion with all family members, including children.

Comment

• BENJAMIN HART, professor emeritus at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine and animal behaviorist, "It's quite common for a pit bull to show no signs of aggression. People will call it a nice dog, a sweet dog, even the neighbors - and then all of a sudden something triggers the dog, and it attacks a human in a characteristic way of biting and hanging on until a lot of damage is done. Hart said pit bulls are responsible for about 60 percent of dog attack fatalities each year, which is "way out of proportion" compared with other breeds. Pit bulls make up less than 5 percent of the American dog population. "It's very poor policy to allow any child around a pit bull, in my mind, let alone climb on a dog." More info from pit bull experts: http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspo...o-does.html?m=

Comment

• The evidence against O'Reilly combined with the stories about Ailes are pretty damning. You don't set up secret slush funds to pay off harassment lawsuits if there isn't sufficient evidence. There is a grand jury going on right now about the secret payments, it's probably why Trump fired the US attorney.

In O'Reilly's case he had at least six chances, the 7th time was the charm.

He can surely be replaced, blowhards are not in short supply.

Comment

• 7 Pit Bull Facts Every Dog Lover Should Know

Comment

• Pitt Bulls bit more I got that and they hurt more when they bite.

Show a link why a good trained dog bite please.

Comment

• Just curious CGVT, you seem to be well informed about Pitt Bulls, at least the side of the argument, regarding bad dog, good dog discussions, that notes the dangers and lethality of Pitt Bull Attacks.

I love dogs. I'd be inclined to view Pitt Bulls like WingsFan does: ownership and training plays an important role in a dog's behavior. Is this like the global warming debate? I have some problems with the science you're referencing. For example, endoprhines and L Tryosine are fleeting neurotransmitters. They can't be measured reliably as far as I know.

I also have a problem with this logic:

Most dogs beaten in a fight will submit the next time they see the victor. Not a defeated pit bull, who will tear into his onetime vanquisher. This, too, has to do with brain chemistry.

The statement has a most but not all and implied all pit bulls will tear into his one time vanquisher. That's a shaky argument at best if one is trying to prove the null hypothesis.

Anyway, not bashing your knowledge here but your promoting absolutisms that probably aren't supportable.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• How to Stop Pit bull Puppy Biting

Pit bull training is possible at any age, but the best time to stop your dog’s aggression is when your pit bull is still a puppy. A pit bull puppy under six months of age is very easy to retrain because they are still in the shaping years of its life. You can’t put much blame on your pit bull biting when they are puppies. After all, it is an innate behavior.

January 10, 2023 - How to stop a pit bull from biting. Train pit bull puppy not to bite. How to train pit bull puppies for obedience, and aggression. Free training.

Comment

Working...
                                X