Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Geezer is in a bad mood today

The blue represents Michigan wins over the past 20 years. The red represents OSU wins

Comment

• Now that's a Nixon-McGovern type beatdown...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...or a Wiz beatdown of Talent...take your pick...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The immigrant-investor visa IMO is part of a balanced immigration diet. Canada was one of the pioneers of that type of program, but they've dialled it back. I think it no longer exists. The formal reason is Quebec gorged on it a bit too much, IIRC, and money laundering became a concern. But IMO the Chinese driving up prices in the Vancouver and Toronto real estate markets are surely a factor.

Comment

• 2) This is ridiculous. Trump has gone golfing on at least on at least 12 weekends since he's been President. Every single time he's golfed, he's gone to a Trump-owned course. Explain to me what the purpose of his trip to Bedminster was this weekend, Geezer?
            Exactly as I said. If he goes to a non-Trump course, it buggers up golf for a lot more people and costs a lot to close the course. If he golfs on his own course, he is the one losing money. I'm sure it is not altruistic, but he has operational control over his own courses, so he can close them down. BTW, it is rich for you to be bitching about the "millions" that Trump is wasting after you supported a President who pissed away at least $1,900,000,000 yearly on useless climate regs and ran up about $ 10 Trillion in deficit spending.

Besides, Trump is a 3 handicap and he needs to keep in practice.

Comment

• The immigrant-investor visa IMO is part of a balanced immigration diet. Canada was one of the pioneers of that type of program, but they've dialled it back. I think it no longer exists. The formal reason is Quebec gorged on it a bit too much, IIRC, and money laundering became a concern. But IMO the Chinese driving up prices in the Vancouver and Toronto real estate markets are surely a factor.
              Yes. Australia has a similar system, too. (I know a guy who moved there last summer under their system). And, I agree, it is just part of the legal immigration smorgasbord. If I were selling top-end condos, I'd be pushing them to the Chinese and the Russians too. That is where the money is.

Comment

• So when the single payer system is approved in 4-5 yrs, should the govt tax based upon lifestyle choices? Should sugar be taxed? How about fast food? Or should people have the right to do what they want when the govt picks up the tab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Geezer.. who pays for trump to travel to these golf courses and the extra security?

Also.. who is paying for the extra security for his wife to live in NY instead of D.C.?

Sorry.. he will end up worse than BO

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    So when the single payer system is approved in 4-5 yrs, should the govt tax based upon lifestyle choices? Should sugar be taxed? How about fast food? Or should people have the right to do what they want when the govt picks up the tab?

Interesting questions.

Comment

So when the single payer system is approved in 4-5 yrs, should the govt tax based upon lifestyle choices? Should sugar be taxed? How about fast food? Or should people have the right to do what they want when the govt picks up the tab?

Is this stuff done in other developed countries that have these systems? Or do we do it to the people already in single payer systems in the US. Mainly Medicare is what I am thinking of. The best way to attack it is find existing models and see what they do, the US wouldn't be trailblazing if they did implement single payer.

I think the point people are arguing about single payer is that it is cheaper than the current system. At least, that is my understanding as the US system is very expensive in comparison.

Your questions have merit, but I think they are seperate arguments.

Comment

• Trump unhappy with McMaster? Behind closed doors complains the General is undercutting him...got into a screaming match with him over the phone

Comment

• problem with a single payer system is its too much like the VA or any large hospital system

you have 3 different factions all often at conflict with one another

you have physicians in one corner often formerly the roost set up the system with them in power and often making dumb decisions that weren't the most economic for everyone but themselves. they controlled how they were paid and often kept the lions share of profits--owned hospital/practices often much of the equipment and had a huge voice in the heath care of this country.

then the nurses came along. and their roles expanded and expanded and expanded and expanded. from going to being simple pill pushers/dressing changers/and IV starters they have slowly but surely created more numerous ands varied roles that often don't involve any contact with patients. they created terms like quality and utilization risk management and now have more offices in hospitals along with the suits.consuming up more and more office space pushing out the providers into closet spaced offices where the exam room was shared with another. then seeing a void in the number of medical providers they have started a chain where they now are practitioners themselves freely diagnosing and treating patients without any oversight but what they create themselves. reaping the benefits monetarily and in converging with policy setters to create a whole new role for themselves

then we have the suits--those administrators who are concerned with nothing but profits and expanding their employee base to make the hospital decisions. they established things like licensing and flow charts and models and budgets many times to justify an expansion in their own numbers. they and the nurses were their to battle for power as many of the physicians yielded power often without fight. I mean who better to sweep into the vacuum of power better then those who designed the framework of the entire administrative medical system.

So today you have a strong nursing presence battling suits or coming into liasons with administrators creating a convoluted encyclopedia of regulations and coding and performance standards and accreditation standards.

Physicians sit on the sidelines watching their orb of influence vanish to the point now where medicare pays them 400 bucks to take out a gallbladder--they would have been better off going to auto mechanic school

bottom line is single payers like the VA are really three separate heads often biting and feeding off each other in a frenzy to control the health care of this single payer.
                          its gotten to the point where the nursing and admin heads are choking off the providers and your seeing enrollment dwindle in medical schools because of to be filled by the Nurse practitioner--your minimum wage full time health provider

health care is a mess and a lot of it starts from within
                          Last edited by crashcourse; May 8, 2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Why would those be taxed? This admin doesn't believe in science so obviously sugar doesn't harm your health, fast food are just burgers and the lifestyle you live doesn't affect your health.

Comment

• Geezer.. who pays for trump to travel to these golf courses and the extra security?

Also.. who is paying for the extra security for his wife to live in NY instead of D.C.?

Sorry.. he will end up worse than BO
                              I'm sure the US Treasury is paying, and I believe Trump should pay his own way. Golf Channel says Obama went golfing 333 times in his 8 years. You may be right, or not, but what do you say we just see how it plays out. Trump has had 1/3 of one year so far. Let's see what the numbers are when all is said and done.

Keep in mind that Trump saved billions by personally renegotiating the F-35 contract. I suspect you can think of things that Obama personally bargained down in price, but I can't think of one right now. If I had an employee who cost me millions but saved me billions, I try to hire another guy just exactly like him.

I'm glad Macron won. I think an independent millionaire who wants to reform France's silly labor laws and cut the federal budget is fine. IMO, LePen is a statist, and a bigot.

And Trump did not endorse her. What he said was that the terrorist attacks would help her in the election.

Comment

• Leaches will solve many of our medical problems.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X