No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just beat my high score on Temple Run 2. Thought you guys should know.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Great job AA!
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I just picked a booger that looks like the state of Vermont...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Tesla introduced a sports car yesterday that it claims goes 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            As I've pointed out before, the actual split for Fox news stories is 52-48% Dem.
            I finally remembered where this stat comes from. It's from this study

A new report from Harvard Kennedy School’s Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzes news coverage of President Trump’s first 100 days in office. The report is based on an analysis of news reports in the print editions of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post, the main …

Please note the following:

The research is based on news coverage in the print editions of three U.S. daily papers (The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post), the main newscasts of four U.S. television networks (CBS Evening News, CNN?s The Situation Room, Fox?s Special Report, and NBC Nightly News), and three European news outlets (Financial Times, based in London; BBC, Britain?s public service broadcaster; and ARD, Germany?s oldest public service broadcaster).

The 52-48% stat is based upon only one program on Fox: Special Report with Bret Baier. It's not intended to represent the entire day's programming; nor is the figure for CNN. I fully concede that Special Report is one of the most balanced shows on Fox. It is nowhere close to being representative of the entire network, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              I finally remembered where this stat comes from. It's from this study

A new report from Harvard Kennedy School’s Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy analyzes news coverage of President Trump’s first 100 days in office. The report is based on an analysis of news reports in the print editions of The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post, the main …

Please note the following:

The research is based on news coverage in the print editions of three U.S. daily papers (The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post), the main newscasts of four U.S. television networks (CBS Evening News, CNN?s The Situation Room, Fox?s Special Report, and NBC Nightly News), and three European news outlets (Financial Times, based in London; BBC, Britain?s public service broadcaster; and ARD, Germany?s oldest public service broadcaster).

The 52-48% stat is based upon only one program on Fox: Special Report with Bret Baier. It's not intended to represent the entire day's programming; nor is the figure for CNN. I fully concede that Special Report is one of the most balanced shows on Fox. It is nowhere close to being representative of the entire network, however.
              Good. Now we can put that stupid claim to bed.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Tesla introduced a sports car yesterday that it claims goes 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.
                Nice! They do more than just rock music! Sweet!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Tesla introduced a sports car yesterday that it claims goes 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.
                  Electromagnetic technology. It's already been seen at some amusement park rides and Bullet trains in Japan. It's costly. Not sure Tesla can scale this profitably.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think he is referring to the Harvard study that showed Fox spending relatively equal amt of time on stories negative as stories positive of the president. Where as CNN was 93% of their coverage was negative (back when their were playing the Russia narrative on loop all day everyday). I presume that is still the case.

Comment

• Remember when the left went nuts over Pence's rule to never be alone with a woman that wasn't his wife? Remember how bad he was ridiculed from the left??

funny how each passing day that rule seems more and more of a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        Just FYI but I'm thinking about changing my handle here to Bernie Bernstein.
                        I'm thinking of changing mine to Luke Thighwalker...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                          Remember when the left went nuts over Pence's rule to never be alone with a woman that wasn't his wife? Remember how bad he was ridiculed from the left??

funny how each passing day that rule seems more and more of a good idea.
                          Or just don't act like a creep.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• LOL -- that's the Muslim way. "We can't be trusted to live by our own code so keep chicks away from us", basically. Not able to moderate their own behavior.

Comment

• "I respect women"

:::repeat this every day until Al Gropen is no longer a US Senator:::

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                Or just don't act like a creep.
                                Originally posted by hack View Post
                                LOL -- that's the Muslim way. "We can't be trusted to live by our own code so keep chicks away from us", basically. Not able to moderate their own behavior.
                                Is that why? the leftist mind is so perverted that it immediately runs to "men can't help themselves" or "Pence is not sure that women can resist him", or "Pence doesn't know if he can contain his animal urges" or "Islam is rape culture" when really it's a bullet proof alibi for any accusations, especially for a political figure.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; November 17, 2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X