Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    How do you know these things? Why do you think this is accurate information?

How do I know what? that no one has found any signs of the russians and trumpsters collaborating to get trump elected?

because don't you think it would have leaked by now if he had?
    don't you think one of the 10 investigating branches would have said or found or leaked something in the last 9 months so since Obama started this process?

obviously its bigger then Watergate however--got to keep digging!!

10 branches will have their investigations competed about 2020 I suppose
    HYSTERIA

well back to work--more money out of my pocket now that the veto occurred

I think between the feds/state/sales/medicare/social security/and excise fees misc taxes on phone cable utility and gas bills plus some property taxes I'm up to 60% of my salary disappearing in taxes most going to the 53% of americans who pay no income taxes

Comment

• You are being oppressed.

Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      How do I know what? that no one has found any signs of the russians and trumpsters collaborating to get trump elected?

because don't you think it would have leaked by now if he had?
      don't you think one of the 10 investigating branches would have said or found or leaked something in the last 9 months so since Obama started this process?

obviously its bigger then Watergate however--got to keep digging!!

10 branches will have their investigations competed about 2020 I suppose
      HYSTERIA

well back to work--more money out of my pocket now that the veto occurred

I think between the feds/state/sales/medicare/social security/and excise fees misc taxes on phone cable utility and gas bills plus some property taxes I'm up to 60% of my salary disappearing in taxes most going to the 53% of americans who pay no income taxes
      Just a reminder, Whitewater had numerous investigations and was roughly 8 years. Benghazi was a 4 year investigation with numerous probes.

Comment

• We have proof of collaboration. We have proof of obstruction of justice.

You and me are never going to agree. There's no point in either of us trying to convince. I just wouldn't mind understanding why you think you know what you know, because there is no basis for what you are saying, or anywhere near the degree of certainty with which you say it.

Comment

• Intel chiefs got pretty much the whole Senate Intel Committee pissed today by refusing to answer direct questions if Trump asked them to squash the Russa investigation. Even MCCain, Rubio, Burr, etc. looked pretty frustrated.

Comey's opening statement has been released. Busy at work, but I'd point out one small detail...Comey had just 2 one-on-one conversations with Obama over 3 years time. In just 4 months he had NINE such conversations with Trump. I think he's drawing attention to that in his testimony on purpose...to draw attention to the fact that Trump was not respecting the independence the FBI is supposed to have.

Comment

• Comey won't say DJT obstructed justice or he thinks that he did. And, well, he ought to know.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And of course it doesn't have to rise to the level of obstruction of justice to be completely inappropriate

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/872518667631775744[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/872519204519411713[/ame]

Comment

• And of course it doesn't have to rise to the level of obstruction of justice to be completely inappropriate
                  But for a few significant wins, his entire presidency (and probably existence) is inappropriate. The question, though, is obstruction of justice. That particular charge seems remarkably tenuous to me. He asked if the Flynn investigation could stop and he wanted his name "cleared" -- or at least have Comey make public what Comey told DJT.

I'll leave you with a question to ponder. Take it a step further and say that DJT actually pulled the plug on the investigation b/c it's his executive prerogative. When does executive decisions about executive actions become obstruction? Or think of it in a different way -- can the Executive tell law enforcement to ignore/not enforce laws? Wouldn't that strike you as, well, obstructing justice in the layman's sense?

Things to think about. My drive-by is complete.

Comment

• It certainly doesn't look good, but the bar on obstruction is a bit murky for sure and it may be hard to pin on just Comey's testimony. Now if the intel chiefs admit to Trump making similar requests of them, then I think there's a pretty strong case to make that he's systematically trying to hamper or end the investigation.

Comment

• Obstruction of justice is a crime. Crimes have elements. You need to prove up each element. It's not some sort of layman's term. You need to point to the statute, the elements and the corresponding actions.

Comment

• Asking favorable treatment for third party in an on-going investigation is hardly virtuous but not obstruction. Demanding, ordering, or extorting favorable treatment is. Trump skates but reinforces his hard won image of being ethically clueless and morally bankrupt. Comey simply provides Trump's opponents with media fodder. Trump is his own worst enemy.

The Cheeto with Tweeto is probably limbering up his twitting thumb. I can imagine what tomorrow's question by question Twit-storm will be during the hearing.

"LIES!!! FAKE NEWS!!! I DID NOT!!! I MIGHT HAVE TAPES!! SAD!!! NO ONE BELIEVES YOU!!! PATHETIC!!"

<Waaaahhh! Help me Vlad! They're picking on me! Make them stop!>
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Obstruction of justice is a crime. Crimes have elements. You need to prove up each element. It's not some sort of layman's term.
                          Sure, but one man's word against another's (even a noted liar like Trump), a comment about "letting this go" may not be enough to clear the threshold in such a case (I'm not a lawyer, you tell me). But it would seem that if Trump asks of a couple more people similar or even more clear cut requests to make it go away, that makes it a hell of a lot easier to make the case.

Comment

• FWIW, what's been released is just Comey's opening statement. Not predicting he's going to say much more damning things to say tomorrow, but it's not as if everything he may say is covered in those 7 pages.

Comment

• DSL:

Just saw the twwets from French. He's right. I like his take a lit when he's not being stridently/snowflake pro-christian.

Comment

• You guys buy that "just asking" story huh?
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X