No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhat related noted and rant -- the ever-corrupt FIFA awarded that asshat country the fucking World Cup ahead of England. And that decision looks Solomon-esque compared to opting for Qatar over the US.

One day I'd really like to attend a World Cup. But if FIFA keeps putting them in second/third world shitholes....

...I guess I missed my chance in 2006 with Germany.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Russia is normally so high class in everything they do...

Comment

• Ivan Drago says "I must break you"
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Brand-On! to gleefully announce that football ticket pricing to skyrocket in 2015. Faced with a barrage of negative fallout, he will attempt to pin the reason on Title IX.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• toilets at the hotels don't have all the parts to flush.. lol
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• But they look nice! Lol

I love the tweet from Dan Wetzel where he proposed to trade 3 light bulbs for a door handle and made the point that "This is a real offer".

Comment

• You can't help but feel bad for the athletes. You work so hard to make it to the Olympics and it turns into an international joke. If there are any security breaches I'd pull everyone out of there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  You can't help but feel bad for the athletes. You work so hard to make it to the Olympics and it turns into an international joke. If there are any security breaches I'd pull everyone out of there.
                  I could care less about toilets and yellow water. But these are symptoms of the shitty and horribly corrupt way the Russians go about almost everything they do. This is particularly true of security. How many Chechins have been infiltrated into the Russian Security apparatus with about a decade to do it?

I'm entirely in agreement with pulling the US team out of there. I will pretty much guarantee you there will be a terrorist bombing or some other spectacular event (and I mean this in the worst possible way) by terrorists .... to what degree it is effective (how many innocent kids get killed) is the only question.

I have my doubts Obama has the balls to do something like this and I will hold him personally responsible for not getting the entire Olympic Team out of the way if there is a bombing or sniping, and God forbid, US kids are injured or killed.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• hoss sent me a note yesterday about this.. and I thought it was perfect...

You feel like a fool for every being afraid of the russians in the 80's..
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• And don't forget about Russian spies and mobsters hacking your smart phones and laptops.

While the world focuses on the threat of terrorism to the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia this month, spectators in the Black Sea town will face a stealthier threat to their digital lives from Russian spies and tech savvy mobsters, experts and security sources tell ABC News.

And we already have knowledge of specific terror threats.

Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived in Sochi on Tuesday, state media reported, three days before the Winter Olympics open.

But we do have two Navy war ships stationed nearby to evacuate our people.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        hoss sent me a note yesterday about this.. and I thought it was perfect...

You feel like a fool for every being afraid of the russians in the 80's..
                        Exactly! It's a 3rd world shit hole full of starving peasants.

Comment

• From what have read, the "Iron Ring" is secure, however soft targets outside the games are extremely vulnerable.

The U.S.S. Mount Whitney & guided missile frigate Taylor are on station in the Black Sea should they need to evacuate Americans, they will haul the Canadians too out of a tremendous sense of guilt.

An additional 300 galley crew usually means Navy Seals.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 5, 2014, 04:45 PM.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            ..... And we already have knowledge of specific terror threats. But we do have two Navy war ships stationed nearby to evacuate our people.
                            I have a feeling you are being facetious.

Let's see, the US Olympic team has 250+ athletes and some untold numbers of coaches, trainers, family, etc.

Lets call it a safe 500 or so Americans at risk on Russian soil.

Is there a plan to get all of them out safely or to a safe area on short notice?

I sure as hell hope so.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• US officials have said that if the competitors were forced to evacuate they would be more likely to leave by either commercial flights or on planes chartered by the State Department.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Jeff, I was just going off the CNN article.

Comment

Working...
                                X