No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fundamental issue with the NFL not the method of protest, but the fundamental disagreement on the underlying issue. That, and Kaepernick is a fucking tool. He called HRC a racist has an avowed love for Castro. So, I mean, beyond his kneeling shit, I think he is a bit wacko.

Wow. Amazingly lucid. Someone kill me now.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Bottom line...this is stupid fucking shit. Most of these dipshits have no idea what they are "protesting". They are following douchebag extraordinaire Kaepernick's idiotic stance. Stop the nonsense. You aren't fixing any social injustice by kneeling during the anthem. Do your fucking job. Play football. STFU.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Indeed. And good. I guess I didn't finish my point (or thought it implied) -- don't be upset when people are held accountable (generally, not specifically you -- I have no clue if you are about CK). But, man, a healthy majority are.

Yeah, I mean, are we really going to go back and forth with examples of how each side shits on the other? I have hundreds at my fingertips, man.
        I think the Kaepernick not being signed is kind of silly when you see employed QBs, it makes even less sense when you see the semi-strong statements put out by these owners yesterday where they are now I guess supporting his cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          True enough, but last night's episode on the Tet offensive (and mini-Tet) was spot on. 58,000 VC/NVA casualties in Tet and 38,000 more in mini-Tet, but all that was reported was what a whipping the US was taking. The news media's role in turning public opinion was crucial.

What comes through in the whole series though is that, from JFK on, decisions about the war were invariably made for domestic political reasons. Burns proves that the DOD and LBJ knew that the war was unwinnable no later than 1965.
          Yeah, Tet was a huge military loss for the North. But as was also pointed out, LBJ and the Pentagon had been saying for months that victory was right around the corner and that the enemy was on the run. Until then the media had mostly played ball with the government as well, with only a few negative stories slipping out here and there. People who might've already been increasingly uneasy trusting LBJ and Westmoreland that ALL IS WELL probably had their fears verified by those images.

I wonder if tonight's episode will talk about Nixon much and his long-rumored efforts to sabotage peace talks?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Bottom line...this is stupid fucking shit. Most of these dipshits have no idea what they are "protesting". They are following douchebag extraordinaire Kaepernick's idiotic stance. Stop the nonsense. You aren't fixing any social injustice by kneeling during the anthem. Do your fucking job. Play football. STFU.
            In this case they might, Michael Bennett surely did before that overzealous cop took him down.

Comment

• Yep...kneeling for the anthem will save lives...lol...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Most of these dipshits have no idea what they are "protesting". They are following douchebag extraordinaire Kaepernick's idiotic stance. Stop the nonsense. You aren't fixing any social injustice by kneeling during the anthem. Do your fucking job. Play football. STFU.
                This is really about the blue team and the red team. That fellow Villanueva with the Steelers came to the end of the tunnel to stand for the Anthem. He served 3 tours in Afghanistan. I again urge you to read the article Talent posted linked below:

[Content warning: Politics, religion, social justice, spoilers for “The Secret of Father Brown”. This isn’t especially original to me and I don’t claim anything more than to…

Take the time. Patriotism is very Red Team and is the fundamental reason most of these millionaires and taking a knee. They are one-and-all Blue Team. We can wrap this in issues like patriotism or racism or free speech, but the underlying reason folks are talking about this is it is Red Team v. Blue Team.

Comment

• ....So, thanks for flushing that out a bit.
                  I believe you mean "fleshing that out". Flushing that out should be saved for Oracle's foolishness.

Comment

• No. It's about white vs black.

Patriotism is only a cover up.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, Tet was a huge military loss for the North. But as was also pointed out, LBJ and the Pentagon had been saying for months that victory was right around the corner and that the enemy was on the run. Until then the media had mostly played ball with the government as well, with only a few negative stories slipping out here and there. People who might've already been increasingly uneasy trusting LBJ and Westmoreland that ALL IS WELL probably had their fears verified by those images.
                      Yeah, I think Burns did a pretty good job of painting it as such, and I don't think he was wrong. Still, I wonder what happens if it's portrayed as NV's last desperate attempt and a total beatdown? I mean, probably nothing. We didn't have the commitment to win -- in this case from the public. Regardless of whatever the media told them, this was supposed to be Michigan-Akron. 5 years in and it pretty fucking clear M was playing a B10 road night game. I mean...FIVE YEARS.

One of things that even bothers me now is how some portrayed US troops. I think Burns has done a fairly good job of making sure we know that it was just an ugly war. He took time to talk about how the VC went through Saigon executing citizens before he got to the seminal video of the VC getting shot in the head. And he made sure to talk about the VC/NVA massacre as they left the last battle (forget its name).

I think, you know, war is war. It's awful. If the cause is righteous or close enough we overlook it. I'm sure we gunned down surrendering Krauts in WWII. We bombed the bejesus out the entire country w/o regard to civilians. We nuked Japan. And, yet, it's hard to make the case the US was the bad guy. When you're fighting Nazis you're always a white motherfucker, a fact still strong today.

But when the cause ain't righteous. When it's, at best, a misjudgment and questionable, then you start looking for reasons to get out. Or some people do. And that seems to me what happened in Vietnam.

It'll be interesting to see how Burns handles Cambodia and Laos. There's a lot of left CW that our bombing of Cambodia led to the Khmer Rouge. I happen to think that's just not accurate. The NVA led to the KR and then, heh, when they realized Pol Pot was a madman they had to actually invade and teach them a lesson -- and then China, a KR backer, did the same to the Vietnam, briefly.

It'll also be interesting to see if Burns touches on what happened to the South Vietnamese after the war and if covers the abhorrent "re-education" camps that hundreds of thousands had to endure. I mean, those communists -- as communists are likely to be -- were real motherfuckers. They just happened to be MFers in a backwater, nothing country that we should have had zero military involvement in.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Read the article Geezer linked, CGVT. It's very good (IMO). White vs black IS red vs blue. When people say "white" in that context the aren't referring to the prog whites begging for forgiveness from all aggrieved minorities of any sort. They are referring to white Rs.

The underlying issue Kaepernick is protesting is very much Red-Blue.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

You are a dumb fuck.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Could have swore I saw white guys kneeling...and I saw black guys standing...keep dividing America with your black vs. white shit though...classic...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Really? That's the best you can do?

Pfffft

And you are not smart enough to see beyond the surface.

Carry on
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Is that the best you can do?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X